Letting other ABDLs buy diapers for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico, at the risk of seeming to blame the victim (which I'm not!), I'll say that I feel you're WAYYYY too trusting with your connections online. Bad things await you if you don't greet these types of communications with considerably more skepticism. As soon as you feel the inclination to switch on your webcam for somebody you don't know, you should definitely pause and think twice. Because that positively reeks of manipulation.

In any community based, to a great extent, on a sexual fetish, you're going to have people sitting down to their computers in hormone-drunk states. This was one of the things that scared me off when I first encountered other ABDLs online back in the mid 90's. The ABDL content on the newsgroups and the early web sites all appeared to have been typed with one hand, if you get my meaning. I'm grateful that we have places like ADISC now, where we can have somewhat normal conversations about this stuff, but it's still a jungle out there, and probably always will be. You do need to be actively defending yourself.

And even ADISC has had its share of creeps. We've had people get banned for predatory activities. A few years back, another ADISC member was moving to the Seattle area and PM'ed me on ADISC to ask if he could live with me. We'd never met, so that was pretty odd. I trust myself to judge these sorts of things, and I decided that this person was confused and desperate more than predatory, so I dealt with it myself and didn't report it. (And, it turned out, he found another place to live and was ok.) But those kinds of things can easily go sideways. I was immediately firm with my "no," and fortunately this individual realized it and didn't press things.

Cottontail said:
Calico, at the risk of seeming to blame the victim (which I'm not!), I'll say that I feel you're WAYYYY too trusting with your connections online. Bad things await you if you don't greet these types of communications with considerably more skepticism. As soon as you feel the inclination to switch on your webcam for somebody you don't know, you should definitely pause and think twice. Because that positively reeks of manipulation.

In any community based, to a great extent, on a sexual fetish, you're going to have people sitting down to their computers in hormone-drunk states. This was one of the things that scared me off when I first encountered other ABDLs online back in the mid 90's. The ABDL content on the newsgroups and the early web sites all appeared to have been typed with one hand, if you get my meaning. I'm grateful that we have places like ADISC now, where we can have somewhat normal conversations about this stuff, but it's still a jungle out there, and probably always will be. You do need to be actively defending yourself.

And even ADISC has had its share of creeps. We've had people get banned for predatory activities. A few years back, another ADISC member was moving to the Seattle area and PM'ed me on ADISC to ask if he could live with me. We'd never met, so that was pretty odd. I trust myself to judge these sorts of things, and I decided that this person was confused and desperate more than predatory, so I dealt with it myself and didn't report it. (And, it turned out, he found another place to live and was ok.) But those kinds of things can easily go sideways. I was immediately firm with my "no," and fortunately this individual realized it and didn't press things.

Oh it's not the bunny den bed and breakfast.
I was thinking of booking a stay lol.
Just kidding ��

Glad you got away without harm Cal. This thread reminds me of one of my favourite sayings.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is not true.

foxkits said:
Oh it's not the bunny den bed and breakfast.
I was thinking of booking a stay lol.
I'll let everybody know when it's open for business. In the meantime, you can watch the British comedy show "Fawlty Towers" for a sense of what it'll be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back