Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hey there,

Was wondering if anyone else on the forum is big into reading comic books? Comic books are a staple of my entertainment when I am not in baby-mode.

Some of my absolute favourites that I have read recently include the Image comics series' Headlopper, Royal City and Sex Criminals. Sex Criminals in particular is interesting as it's about a couple of quirky kinksters who realize that when they reach orgasm time stops. Despite the comic being about sex, sexually charged superpowers, fetishes and alternative lifestyles, I haven't spotted any ABDL references... yet.

I also like Marvel and DC comics as well. On the Marvel end of the spectrum X-Men, Daredevil and Ghost Rider are my faves and as far as DC is concerned, you can never go wrong with a little Batman.

So, what comics do you guys enjoy reading?

Image Comics fan here myself. Huge into Spawn. Though lately I've been reading American God's (Adapted from the book by Neil Gaman.)

I'm also a DC fan. Marvel doesn't particularly interest me much anymore. Too many reboots and character's being revived by silly means.

DC wise: Justice League (New 52) and Batman come to mind.

SnowBlitz said:
Image Comics fan here myself. Huge into Spawn. Though lately I've been reading American God's (Adapted from the book by Neil Gaman.)

I'm also a DC fan. Marvel doesn't particularly interest me much anymore. Too many reboots and character's being revived by silly means.

DC wise: Justice League (New 52) and Batman come to mind.

Hey there,

Spawn is cool, though I like the earlier stuff as opposed to the newer stuff. Spawn is definitely an Image Comics classic. Speaking of classic Image comics, I also thoroughly enjoyed The Maxx.

It's funny that you mention Marvel suffering from too many reboots and characters being revived in silly ways, I know a ton of Marvel fanboys who would argue that DC is also a victim of this, take for instance some of the heroes who were completely letdown by their New 52 counterparts; Suicide Squad, Lobo, Starfire just to name a few.

As far as New 52 goes I second you on Justice League and New 52 Batman, the whole Court of Owls arc was one of the more interesting and innovative Batman storylines in a long time.

I mostly read Marvel.

I started with Power Pack and my main collection is that.

H2DXBex.jpg

However, I've been working hard at building up a decent Fantastic Four collection and I'm getting a bit proud of that as well. Iron Man is another thing I'm a decent fan of. I have been trying to keep up current Marvel stuff but I'm a bit relaxed on it. I have a vague idea of what is going on in most of the current lines though.

My non-Marvel related reading is mostly kid comics, I collected Strawberry Shortcake IDW in particular and really enjoyed that when it was a thing. I am not against reading things from the other big guys, and have every issue if "I Hate Fairlyand" from Skottie Young (Image) but they tend to have to really appeal to me for me to get interested.

gigglemuffinz said:
I mostly read Marvel.

I started with Power Pack and my main collection is that.

However, I've been working hard at building up a decent Fantastic Four collection and I'm getting a bit proud of that as well. Iron Man is another thing I'm a decent fan of. I have been trying to keep up current Marvel stuff but I'm a bit relaxed on it. I have a vague idea of what is going on in most of the current lines though.

My non-Marvel related reading is mostly kid comics, I collected Strawberry Shortcake IDW in particular and really enjoyed that when it was a thing. I am not against reading things from the other big guys, and have every issue if "I Hate Fairlyand" from Skottie Young (Image) but they tend to have to really appeal to me for me to get interested.

Wow! Nice collection. I never got into Power Pack personally, but I am familiar with the series. That's quite the haul. I've been trying to do the same and collect all of the back issues of the 90's Ghost Rider run.

Iron Man is usually a great read. I was late to the party with Iron Man so I've been reading some of his Marvel essentials collections. I liked the Demon in a Bottle story and the Armor Wars.

Being an Image fan, I've read I Hate Fairyland too. I enjoyed it, it's a really stylized, cartoony, hyper-violent romp, it strikes me as the type of comic Jhonen Vasquez would be doing had he went to a more mainstream comics publisher.

Poofybutt said:
Wow! Nice collection. I never got into Power Pack personally, but I am familiar with the series. That's quite the haul. I've been trying to do the same and collect all of the back issues of the 90's Ghost Rider run.

Iron Man is usually a great read. I was late to the party with Iron Man so I've been reading some of his Marvel essentials collections. I liked the Demon in a Bottle story and the Armor Wars.

Being an Image fan, I've read I Hate Fairyland too. I enjoyed it, it's a really stylized, cartoony, hyper-violent romp, it strikes me as the type of comic Jhonen Vasquez would be doing had he went to a more mainstream comics publisher.

It's missing a few recent grabs, I've been trying to bolster my classic side of the collection and then Marvel did a one-off Power Pack issue just last week. Total pandering but it totally worked on me.

I tend to start with the modern stuff when I wanna try something new and go backward, really. Doesn't seem to be the way most people do it but I find it to my taste. Start with one full run, then move to the previous one. Etc.

I really always giggle at how much of a little boy Skottie can be, with his humor and storytelling style. It's charming.. although I certainly am not there for the gratuitous violence myself. I just am so charmed by the color and art and I have a fondness for characters like Gert. ♥

Spider-Woman and X-Men were my staples for a longtime but I also enjoyed Superman, Supergirl and Superboy.

Darchylde by Randy Queen is my classic favourite while Locke and Key is my modern favourite.

Only comic I am reading now is American Gods and I am half a dozen issues or so behind in reading that.

Their is a French Elves comic I have read scanlations of which I am totally in love with but doubt they will ever see print in English.

I saw on the comic shelf a floppy with Dragons recently and was tempted but resisted.... Maybe if it finishes and gets a HC print.

Only thing that takes my fancy comic wise nowadays is hardcovers of things that I completely loved (like Sandman) or new full story graphic novels.

I'm a big Marvel fan. I feel in love with X-Men as a child and remained hooked. I have a large digital library on comixology, but I rarely buy new hard copies anymore. If I can find a nice trade at a good price I will take a swing though.

Argent said:
Spider-Woman and X-Men were my staples for a longtime but I also enjoyed Superman, Supergirl and Superboy.

Darchylde by Randy Queen is my classic favourite while Locke and Key is my modern favourite.

Only comic I am reading now is American Gods and I am half a dozen issues or so behind in reading that.

Their is a French Elves comic I have read scanlations of which I am totally in love with but doubt they will ever see print in English.

I saw on the comic shelf a floppy with Dragons recently and was tempted but resisted.... Maybe if it finishes and gets a HC print.

Only thing that takes my fancy comic wise nowadays is hardcovers of things that I completely loved (like Sandman) or new full story graphic novels.

Some excellent choices there.

I don't know many Spider-Woman fans, as an avid comic reader myself it's one series I don't know too much about.

X-Men comics are always great though, I particularly love the Chris Claremont stuff, Days of Future Past, The Dark Phoenix Saga and God Loves, Man Kills are some of the best comic storylines ever.

I never got into Superman, sometimes he seems like such a boring character devoid of conflict. I did however enjoy Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb's take on the character, A Superman For All Seasons.

I didn't know American Gods had a comic book adaptation. I never got around to reading the book by Gaiman and I've been digging the TV series, perhaps I should seek out the comic version.

I also enjoyed Sandman thoroughly, it's pretty much an established classic at this point and has been for a while.

Ravensteel said:
I'm a big Marvel fan. I feel in love with X-Men as a child and remained hooked. I have a large digital library on comixology, but I rarely buy new hard copies anymore. If I can find a nice trade at a good price I will take a swing though.

I'm also a Marvel fan myself. I like DC as well, but outside of Batman, Wonder Woman and the occasional obscure/oddball character (I really like Blue-Beetle and I've always had a soft spot for Lobo), I find that I like a load of Marvel characters better. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, The X-Men, Doctor Strange and The Fantastic Four have been some big favourites of mine since I was a kid and I've also enjoyed other prominent Marvel heroes like The Punisher (In particular Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX series), Spiderman, Iron Man and Silver Surfer.

I never got into Comixology, but I have a lot of friends who have pretty extensive accounts. I prefer owning hard copies and single issues. One of the many reasons why I love Image comics at present, aside from the variety of art styles and storylines, is because their TPB's are so inexpensive. If you ever want to get back into buying some trade paperbacks at decent prices I'd recommend seeking out some current Image series.

I primarily read Manga.
"Blue Exorcist", "Fairy Tail", "Vampire Knight", "Sailor Moon"

I loved to read comics when I was a kid. After I got married, I used to read Heavy Metal. I wonder if anyone on this site remembers that one. I think it was for people who got high a lot, something I did every night when I was in college. Now I mostly read the comics in the news paper.

dogboy said:
I used to read Heavy Metal. I wonder if anyone on this site remembers that one.

I remember the comics but never read them There was a movie, too, right?

Scaramouche said:
I remember the comics but never read them There was a movie, too, right?

I think so. It was on the cutting edge of sanity at one time, something I enjoyed.

Not so big on comics. I rather read books but I do have quite an extensive collection of Judge Dredd comics.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

ShortGuy said:
Not so big on comics. I rather read books but I do have quite an extensive collection of Judge Dredd comics.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Oh yes Garth Ennis’s Judge Dredd run was absolutely incredible... Actually I have enjoyed most Judge Dredd I have read but unfortunately not so much the modern American comics.

i used to be an avid 2000AD reader, from the first issue (i had two metal Judge Dredd badges :cool:), before it went through that crap phase. by the time it had bettered, i'd moved onto Car Mechanics magazine (such magazines have a graphic novel thing about them).
i also used to get those little pocketbook type war 'comics' from an exchange stall on the market. i've got a fairly recent compliation book of them which i meant to scan for y'all. have to wait until i'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back