Not open for further replies.

Cnnr

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I am a diaper enthusiast and am wondering if my obsession is healthy.What do you think?

Reactions: Fortcat
Depends on how it impacts your life. If it’s in balance with other things, yes it’s healthy.

Better than obsessions with other things. Addictive, but not terribly dangerous.

I think somebody would say wearing 24/7 could be classed as a obsession but I can honestly say hand on heart that for me going 24/7 has been the best thing I could of done. I'm so happy and content. The purge/binge cycle has gone. I've accepted my nappies and no longer feel guilt about wanting them. My need for incontinence has diminished and I'm happy in the moment. I'm sleeping better. It has has no bad effects on my life.

I think before it was a negative obsession because I wanted incontinence so bad, I admit I had bad thoughts about harming myself to become incontinent. I think now I'm more balanced so wearing nappies has stabilised me more.

Agreed with Bobby. Nearly any object, desire, or activity can be healthy or unhealthy, depending on how it impacts your life and those of your loved ones. Are diapers an object of desire? Fascination? Interest? Obsession? The amount of brainspace and the role it plays in your life will help you understand the if the interest is healthy or not.

-RMS

All the above responses are super on point. If it's legal, safe, and not negatively impacting yourself or others, then any obsession you have is totally okay. Given that, if you derive genuine happiness or enjoyment from it and it's in balance with the other aspects of your life as babybobby said, then it's actually very healthy, we all need to indulge occasionally amidst the hectic nature of daily life. :)

While I personally wouldn't call my love of diapers and regression an obsession, more like an interest or a part of who I am really, I can understand questioning how healthy a love of diapers and being little is. In my eyes, as long as your "obsession" doesn't impede your ability to live your life and as long as your "obsession" isn't hurting yourself or others then, then your "obsession" is a perfectly healthy one.

It is also fair to note, that some obsessions are pretty benign. For instance, I had a girlfriend once who was obsessed with dogs, she absolutely adored them and would not stop talking about them. She would search different breeds during our alone time together and would make excuses to go to parks or the pet store just to see them. She was obsessed with dogs and wanting to be a pet-owner, but this interest didn't dominate her life, she still had school, a part time job and our relationship to contend with. I would argue, diapers and being a baby is the same way, it is an interest that is comforting, joyous and harmless and despite the strength of these interests, I always recognize that I have a life outside of diapers and being little.

So, I'll put it to you like this, does wearing diapers take a toll on your daily life? Does your obsession with diapers make you impulsive and do crazy or hurtful things? If your answer is a resounding no to these, then your "obsession", if it even is one, is completely healthy, so keep on enjoying your diapers, baby :paci:

Well my wet diapers haven't kill anybody so I guess they're healthy hobby lol

I'd say that anything rising to the level of an obsession isn't healthy. There's a manic quality to obsession that I don't think of as sustainable in a positive way. That said, I think about diapers a lot more than the average person. Wearing 24/7 has upped that a bit in the practical sense but I don't think they have a hold of my mind in that obsessive sense.

I suppose it's also a matter of perspective, since anyone who didn't care for them might very well say that I'd have to be obsessed. I'd say they're a strong area of interest and I act on that interest sometimes more than others. I think I have at times been obsessed with them in the past but that was due to my inability to get them and inability to reconcile them with my life. Now I'm at peace and although I wear a lot now, it'll likely be significantly reduced when I stop 24/7.

Reactions: SleepingBlueWolf
24/7, compulsion, or obsession, yeah diaper wearing can still be healthy. Of course, as with anything it can be unhealthy too. As long as diapers are controlling or interfering with you staying healthy and living your life, then there's no reason not to keep embracing them.

what I've realized, mostly from posting on this web site & being able to openly say I enjoy wearing diapers , is that beating yourself up for something that isn't really all that terrable is whats wrong.

Yes it feels good to be able to say i love diapers here.

I have been beating my self up for years thinking that wearing diapers was going to ruin my life. But now I am learning that there is nothing wrong with wanting to wear diapers along as you are happy and not hurting the people around you.

Healthy for me!

I would only think it would be problematic if you found yourself spending more on diapers than you could afford or letting it get between you and the other silly things in life like working, spending time with family and friends.

Cnnr said:
I am a diaper enthusiast

Adult diaper enthusiast. Awesome.

Ya, i think an outsiders perspective would be that wanting to wear diapers isnt "healthy"

They might think that your "mentally ill" for having these desires. Dont be fooled by there ignorance and lack of knowledge on out of the norm type things.
Truly mature people will realize that there is great diversity among humans and this comes with age usually. In other words, take what outsiders say as a grain of salt. (parents, spouse, friends, strangers etc)

Cnnr said:
I am a diaper enthusiast and am wondering if my obsession is healthy.What do you think?

Yes, it is.

Of course!

Would say its healthier than a drug obsession but the issue is if you let it take over your life. If you can live life without letting them take control of every aspect of your life, essentially moderation, then yeah its fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Would say its healthier than a drug obsession but the issue is if you let it take over your life. If you can live life without letting them take control of every aspect of your life, essentially moderation, then yeah its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back