Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norml

Default Norml

I was wondering if people have seen the pro-legalization ad campaign released by NORML today. If not here you go YouTube - Legalization: Yes We Can. What do you think about the commercial? I personally think they are right I mean yeah drugs might not be the best thing but it really is not up to the government to decide what we can or can't put into our bodies. I mean there is evidence that the founding fathers smoked week and we know for a fact that Ben Franklin was a hooker loving drug using crazy guy.

Wow, they released it today... of all days? Does anyone else think this is a stupid idea, I mean releasing this on 4/20 national get high day (Not a official holiday by any imagination)?

This is going to have as much as a affect as last night's Family guy had which is nadda, zippo, zero, none.

So much stupid stuff has happened on 4/20 in history. Adolf Hitler was born, Columbine high school incident, stoners trying their best to get fined and arrested and trying to legalize pot which hasn't worked so far.

But you have to admit, last night's family guy episode was the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It was okay but not the best episode either. American's Dad episode was actually funnier I think and most of them have been. Family Guy is getting old I guess in the same way as the Simpson. South park could of gone the same way but they actually make very valid points and great social commentary.

Any way's think of how many bad jokes and idea's came about due to the use of weed, to me that's enough reason to keep it illegal lol. I also tried watching Super High Me yesterday and I just couldn't get into it since he was making to much of a joke out of it. Plus in Super Size Me Morgan took a neutral stance towards Mc Donald's even during the course of his 30 day diet.

In super high me the guy admits to smoking weed regularly as it is and thinks stopping for 30 days would affect his feelings towards smoking pot. Granted he did that to also help show the effects it has on the human body.

Yeah, a bunch of activists lit up on parliment hill today. Not the greatest way to get legalization. I believe that commercials such as this are much more productive, acting as kind of like an anti-reefer madness thing: Pot is here, it isn't going to make you go crazy, it isn't going to destroy your life, it's safer than the effects of the War on Drugs, and it's taxable.

Those who know me know that there is only one issue that I am willing to debate to the death. And that issue is marijuana legalization. I've written entire reports on it for school and I've done my research.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 21-Apr-2009 at 03:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Yeah, a bunch of activists lit up on parliment hill today. Not the greatest way to get legalization. I believe that commercials such as this are much more productive, acting as kind of like an anti-reefer madness thing: Pot is here, it isn't going to make you go crazy, it isn't going to destroy your life, it's safer than the effects of the War on Drugs, and it's taxable.
    That's a perfect summary of what that commercial is trying to communicate. It's more sane, and logical than "Oh let's get high in public to make a statement". That's foolish.