How has incontinence effected you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
We don't do that because pullups suck for full blown incotinence. It's easier to change (and wear) one good diaper at a time, versus having to deal with layered pullups. And diapers require fewer changes, which makes them cheaper than pullups too. And, diapers are much less likely to leak, making them more reliable too.

Yeah, if I only used pullups at night I believe I would be doing laundry most mornings.

You need to choose a better pullup, and possibly use the method described, but each to his own. If you find it easy to wear a full barrier diaper, or have sufficiently out-of-control incontinence, then pullups ARE NOT for you.

ltaluv said:
How do you you handle that? I dread going someplace with friends or family where our bags might be searched - I don't want strangers to know, but I especially don't want my friends to know.

I have only been to one event since I've been IC where bags have been searched, but for that I got to use the staff entrance and there was no search involved there. So I've wondered how others manage that issue.

For a long time, I worried about this. But then...I stopped. I think what happened was that someone searched my purse and found my spare diapers and it wasn't the end of the world, so I now think, whatever. When they need to search my purse, I open it up willingly. They see the contents, of course, but I don't care and no one says anything. Once or twice I've been asked something like, "Do you have any drinks in there?" and I answered "No, just diapers." They smiled.

Like everything else in the world, it's about attitude: I've decided that I own my incontinence. It does not own me.

I am not completely incontinent but I do continuously leak so I wear pads 24/7 but I feel more comfortable in diapers but can’t afford right now. I have gotten used to it and now I like wearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sweetie said:
I am not completely incontinent but I do continuously leak so I wear pads 24/7 but I feel more comfortable in diapers but can’t afford right now. I have gotten used to it and now I like wearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a similar issue of constant leaks added with OAB. My doctor is considering that as Total Incontinence and wrote a prescription on enable to get the highest level of financial support for diaper. It would be worthwhile to get your situation confirmed and you might get funding,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeronimusM said:
i'm double incontinent, and it affects me in such a way, that i need to pre-plan everything, i've got a daily backpack, full of supplies ready to take with me, i just have to figure out where there are disabled restrooms.
on my work my dailybag is just a fitnessbag with a shoe compartment full of supplies..

the most anoying thing is just to find the right restrooms....
Go to play store or Coloplast website and get the app "Wheelmate" it uses your GPS to locate nearby bathrooms anywhere in the world, and will tell you everything known about it , you can also set up a favorites list and add any bathrooms that you know that arent in the database yet. Its very handy for finding good changing places .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When I was young it worried and embarrassed me , 20 + years later , I am just living my life , they dont worry or embarasse me any more diapers are a fact of my life ,also being disabled in a wheelchair makes diaper bag low profile , almost everyone in a wheelchair has a backpack to carry stuff , mine happens to carry diaper supplies, catheters,laptop , drugs and very rarely has it ever been searched, people just assume a dude in a power wheelchair isn't much of threat, so yeah it changed me a little early on ,but now its just part of who i am take it or leave it ,if you can't handle a guy who needs diapers it's your loss , I'm a warm big hearted Guy that comes diapered for your protection.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back