How has incontinence effected you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it's inconvenient but okay. At least i dont have to worry about making it to the potty in time i guess?

Also note: No one should try to be incontinent. Bad bad idea. Dont....

CrazyLittleLuna said:
Honestly, it's inconvenient but okay. At least i dont have to worry about making it to the potty in time i guess?

I agree with crazy little luna. Don't try this kids. just don't.

I'm still getting used to it. I can get away with guards pads. but i'm afraid i may loose control of my bowels and bladder. Right now it's just dribbles through the day. It has not effected me to much. i'm afraid to break wind sometimes.

CrazyLittleLuna said:

It's a much better idea than not being able to go at all. A pretty good idea really.

Slomo said:
It's a much better idea than not being able to go at all. A pretty good idea really.

That depends. Intermittent self-catheterization is simple, easy, and painless. As long as urinary retention isn't causing pain, it's a lot easier to deal with slipping in a catheter every four hours or so instead of changing endless wet diapers. I've cathedl probably five thousand times over the past couple of years, and I have yet to get even one UTI. Plus, unlike my diapers, my insurance will pay for my catheters, so it's much cheaper.

On the other hand, if retention is causing painful spasms, then incontinence is probably preferable.

If anyone needs someone to talk to I'm here for you folks. I only have a slight problem with it and I can't even Imagine the crap you deal with;
the best I can do is lend an ear and send good energies your way. Sharing how you feel in here helps; keep your head up don't let incontinence win!

Well today I’ve had 7 accidents today so this incon is kicking my butt. It’s rough because my OAB I thought was leaving as I’d been symptom free for months but I still have urges but they are tolerable. Today was not my day I wet the bed, I ran out of diapers at work and leaked on my office chair, I randomly just had another accident a while ago. It’s actually pretty scary to think I could be like this forever or my time comes and goes like a period -_-

When I figured out (gave up on treatments) it was "just" a matter of adjusting to it. You learn to live with it. Dress appropriate make sure you have the level of protection needed, and carry on with your normal life. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltaluv said:
That depends. Intermittent self-catheterization is simple, easy, and painless. As long as urinary retention isn't causing pain, it's a lot easier to deal with slipping in a catheter every four hours or so instead of changing endless wet diapers. I've cathedl probably five thousand times over the past couple of years, and I have yet to get even one UTI. Plus, unlike my diapers, my insurance will pay for my catheters, so it's much cheaper.

On the other hand, if retention is causing painful spasms, then incontinence is probably preferable.

Yeah, I mean not being able to go AT ALL. Not being able to use catheters, which can be extremely painful to insert in themselves too. To be in the ER with a nurse failing at working to insert that painful catheter for an hour. All the while your bladder fills up and continuously cause waves of painful urges. To the point where your kidneys have back pressure on them, and are also quite painfull now too. To the point where the ER doctor has to literally stab your abdomen with a scalpel to let the pee out before you die.

THAT kind of not being able to pee is what I was talking about. So ueah, incontince and diapers are a god send compared to that.

It's like I keep telling everyone, quit thinking needing diapers is the worst life altering thing that can happen to themselves. Diapers are actually what help you manage yiur problems and return to a normal life. And compared to diapers, it can get much, much, worse than most can imagine.

To be frank, my incontinence has only recently reached a point where I have to wear protection 24/7. It has had it's challenges, and I am still adjusting, but altogether I believe that it is a positive change. Before wearing protection (I wear cheap pull-ups for my occasional accidents) it was a constant stream of stress and frantic running to the bathroom. I would always dribble after peeing and it was often quite obvious that I had wet myself, and using the bathroom was a very urgent matter. Now that I am wearing diapers 24/7, that stress is all but gone and I am much more confident than before. I feel that I can truly be myself and live how I want to. Plus, diapers are much cuter than a wet stain on your crotch.

True, I am not fully incontinent, I still use the toilet as often as I can make it, but I feel that it has been a net positive. Plus, I don't have to worry about potty breaks at the movie theater!

Felix and Nottheavgerageman - I am very much the same as you.

I feel like my incontinence has made me appreciate things more.It can be a real mood killer and some days I really hate this is happening to me, but other days I'm just glad I have protection to help me live my life.

I actually hate it. I was put on medications that have caused severe OAB and painful urges. I try to go without wearing a diaper as I have a hard time accepting them in my life. When home I only wear at night to eliminate having to get up and disrupt my sleep. At work my choice is either running to the bathroom more than once per hour or wear diapers and reduce that trip to once per shift. I have a love / hate relationship with diapers. I love that they are useful, but at the same time I hate that I am dependent on them. My distaste for diapers has gotten to the point that I stopped taking my medication which does put me at risk for major complications. I'd rather die than have to wear these stupid things.

I really can't understand why anyone would want to have Incontinence. There are too many negatives ranging from cost of medical supplies to stigma of wearing them.

I worry each and every day that someone will discover my medical need for diapers and give me a hard time for it. Also who would ever want to date a girl who has to wear diapers? I have friends that try to encourage me to just accept wearing diapers.

I wish I had words of encouragement, but sadly... I haven't be able to accept my situation.

iam32bit said:
I actually hate it. I was put on medications that have caused severe OAB and painful urges. I try to go without wearing a diaper as I have a hard time accepting them in my life. When home I only wear at night to eliminate having to get up and disrupt my sleep. At work my choice is either running to the bathroom more than once per hour or wear diapers and reduce that trip to once per shift. I have a love / hate relationship with diapers. I love that they are useful, but at the same time I hate that I am dependent on them. My distaste for diapers has gotten to the point that I stopped taking my medication which does put me at risk for major complications. I'd rather die than have to wear these stupid things.

I really can't understand why anyone would want to have Incontinence. There are too many negatives ranging from cost of medical supplies to stigma of wearing them.

I worry each and every day that someone will discover my medical need for diapers and give me a hard time for it. Also who would ever want to date a girl who has to wear diapers? I have friends that try to encourage me to just accept wearing diapers.

I wish I had words of encouragement, but sadly... I haven't be able to accept my situation.

Wait. By your description, it sounds more like you hate the urges and interrupted sleep. The diapers are what's helping you cope with those urges, not the cause of them. I do believe you have misdirected your hate for incontinence onto your diapers instead.

And I guarantee you, anyone who wants incontinence is NOT wanting urge incontinence, they want functional incontinence. The difference is like night and day.

With urges, they interrupt you and are a constant and painful occurance. With functional you simply leak without ever thinking about it, and often without even realising it's happening. One is like putting on shackles, the other is like taking them off.

Iam32bit, I do not know how long you have had your problem with urge incontinence, but I can appreciate how you feel. I felt very much the same way when I had to start wearing a diaper 24/7. But that was 30 years ago. And I eventually got used to it and accepted the fact that a diaper was just the kind of underwear that I needed to use. It’s become second nature to me now, and I no longer fret about it. I hope that you will be able to find the same peace of mind in time.

iam32bit said:
Also who would ever want to date a girl who has to wear diapers?

It's all about perspective. For everything in life, there always someone looking for it. We have tall people and we have short people, and reflexively we have people who are attracted to taller people, and people who are attracted to people shorter than them. There are people who are unfortunate enough to lose a limb, and there are a lot of people who find that irresistible. While we may not know exactly why, it is nice to know that there always seems to be "someone for everyone".

Consequently, have you seen the blogs on Tumblr? There are seas of men (and women!) who would figuratively move the world to date a woman who has to wear diapers. This makes you far more special, in your own special way, than any of your friends! With little effort, you can literally have people lining up to just to talk to you. Unfortunately, nothing in our world has a true storybook ending, and this IS the internet, so you'll likely have to ignore lots of messages from creeps before finding a good guy. That said, I started a Tumblr blog (don't ask, I won't post it here) to cope with my feelings as well. It was nice to collect more followers than I'd ever had on any other site, it makes you feel more attractive, which I found was great support emotionally. My wife said she's fine with me having to wear diapers, and she is the only who needs to be, but sometimes as a human you just need broader acceptance in order to feel "OK" about things, and it seems to me that's what you're missing.

Hopefully this helps. If you have any questions or want some help in specifics, feel free to private message me. That goes for anyone here.

iam32bit said:
My distaste for diapers has gotten to the point that I stopped taking my medication which does put me at risk for major complications. I'd rather die than have to wear these stupid things.

Also who would ever want to date a girl who has to wear diapers?

I’m sorry you feel that you would rather risk death then wear a diaper. I hope one day you will meet a guy (or girl) who loves you not only inspite of your need to wear diapers but actually sees your diapers as an appealing aspect of your person.

I honestly wish sometimes that I was not turned on by the sight of a women in a diaper but seeing this post reminds me that maybe one day I will find a women who needs exactly this aspect of me.

Hi iam32bit

Please start taking your meds again, dealing with diapers will get easier over time. as for finding some one special that will accept your medical need for diapers it will happen when you love some one its easy to get past thier need for diapers.

We all dislike being in diapers and would love to be out of them but they really do become a non issue over time and they will become part of your daily routine.

Remember you are not alone in having to wear diapers as an adult, and we are all here to help and support each other.

Dont risk your health and life over diapers they really do not change you who you are or what you can do in life, the only thing I can no longer do is go swimming but I never really swam much before so no real loss :)

Don't beat me up for not being incontinent, and adding something here, but as I read some of the messages from people that deal with pads, I'm curious why none of you mention wearing/using MULTIPLE PULLUPS at once, being able to rip off (the sides of) a used one in a toilet stall, fairly stealthily, and go on with the day? As a DL, I find I can get through a typical day of limited wetting, combined with using facilities, as some of you mention you do, and my biggest issue is just getting from the toilet stall to the garbage can, with a rolled up pull-up. Usually, I just tuck it up under my arm, and act fairly nonchalant when heading over to toss it. As for double pullups being noticeable, I'd say, not if you wear good quality, snug fitting ones, not store bought, and you wear the right clothing over it all.

My typical "double" setup used to be two Depend RealFits, one worn over the other, with a plastic pant over them, and a tightey whitey over it all. The TW keeps things fairly snug. The advantage to this setup is that you can walk right up to a urinal, pull the front of the whole setup down, and use a urinal, too, if you have that level of incontinence. This method allows you to gage when you need a change, and hit a stall, but use the pullup, or a urinal to extend yourself, between changes. This has been working for me for over four years, and, believe me, I'm in close contact with others in my truck, and truck stops, all day long.

Just curious if anyone has tried my method?

Jamieboy said:
I'm curious why none of you mention wearing/using MULTIPLE PULLUPS at once, being able to rip off (the sides of) a used one in a toilet stall, fairly stealthily, and go on with the day?

I can’t speak for everyone here, but all of my experiences with pull-ups have resulted in leaks. Leaks are a lot harder to cover up than slightly poofy and/or crinkly underwear.

Jamieboy said:
Don't beat me up for not being incontinent, and adding something here, but as I read some of the messages from people that deal with pads, I'm curious why none of you mention wearing/using MULTIPLE PULLUPS at once, being able to rip off (the sides of) a used one in a toilet stall, fairly stealthily, and go on with the day? As a DL, I find I can get through a typical day of limited wetting, combined with using facilities, as some of you mention you do, and my biggest issue is just getting from the toilet stall to the garbage can, with a rolled up pull-up. Usually, I just tuck it up under my arm, and act fairly nonchalant when heading over to toss it. As for double pullups being noticeable, I'd say, not if you wear good quality, snug fitting ones, not store bought, and you wear the right clothing over it all.

My typical "double" setup used to be two Depend RealFits, one worn over the other, with a plastic pant over them, and a tightey whitey over it all. The TW keeps things fairly snug. The advantage to this setup is that you can walk right up to a urinal, pull the front of the whole setup down, and use a urinal, too, if you have that level of incontinence. This method allows you to gage when you need a change, and hit a stall, but use the pullup, or a urinal to extend yourself, between changes. This has been working for me for over four years, and, believe me, I'm in close contact with others in my truck, and truck stops, all day long.

Just curious if anyone has tried my method?

We don't do that because pullups suck for full blown incotinence. It's easier to change (and wear) one good diaper at a time, versus having to deal with layered pullups. And diapers require fewer changes, which makes them cheaper than pullups too. And, diapers are much less likely to leak, making them more reliable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back