Stupid Myths Debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
There are a lot of bullshit myths surrounding transgender people by misinformed idiots, here is a few and why there bullshit.

1. Transgender people are sexual perverts who sneak into bathrooms.
Err?, the medication that transgender people take, does kill there sex drive, and makes it nearly impossible to get hard, as a transperson starting HRT I haven't had a erection in months.... I'm pretty much no longer sexually "active" I literally cannot get hard or have sex anymore, my body no longer produces testosterone and I my testicles no longer produce sperm. Literally all the girls I know on the same medication do not get erections at all.

2. Being trans in a sports team gives a person a advantage.

Bullshit, if you understand how HRT works, you'll find out how much it changes the body and lowers testosterone, there is no competitive advantage for someone who is transitioning on medication.

3. Gender is a choice.
Absolutely not, transitioning is a very hard and difficult choice to make every single day it's hell until we manage to transition It's something you're born with and manifests itself in many ways, feminine traits, etc. there is something unique about us. It's always "there" a lot of us don't understand what it is until we are older. as a kid I never knew what "transgender" was, but I sure as fuck knew something was odd with my body couldn't put my finger on it, always had this feeling. It's gender dysphoria.

4. The LGBTQ is a "leftist agenda"
You're kidding me right? I know people who are right-wing and are transgender, It's not some far-left conspiracy, transgenderism has shown itself in humans for thousands or years, and even shows in specific species of animals (just like homosexuality)

5. We are men in wigs.
Fuck no, this is the worst, we are women most people my age pass as females, we aren't deceiving you when we say we are females.. because we are.

6. We are mentally ill.
While some of us suffer anxiety and depression, being transgender isn't a mental illness, and there is evidence that shows brain structure is the root of it.

7. It's made up just like the 76 gender thing.
While I don't take the entire "76 gender thing seriously" transgender identity has shown itself thought humanity and there is even evidence of a 3rd gender in early history.

History seems to repeat itself, I've heard all this bullshit before, I've even heard people jump to the conclusion that gays are pedophiles which isn't true, just like the bullshit arguments against gay people, the arguments against transgender people are also bullshit. There rooted in bullshit and nonsense and is equivalent of someone seeing Bigfoot take a walk in the park, some people are reasonable and see it for the bullshit it is.

I love you all fellow girls <3

Though I am not transgender, I support those who are. It takes takes great bravery to go against the norm.

I happen to be trans myself, legally diagnosed with gender dysphoria two and a half years ago. I agree with most of what you say, but I don't inherently agree with 2 or 6.
I don't agree with 2 because regardless of how much hormones a trans person. Is on, there is still going to be some of the root strength from the person's sex. That is why a trans woman can still lift more than a cis woman in a deadlifting compitition. Overall it's simply hard to have trans woman and cis woman compete against eachother in a strength based competition.
As for 6, the reason why being trans is a diagnosis is due to a mental illness diagnosed which allows a trans person to transition legally; gender dysphoria. It is, by all classifications, a mental illness. As a psychology major, I also understand why this is the case. If you ignore that, a trans person, especially post transition, may not be mentally ill or noticeably at the least. Transition is the solution to cure gender dysphoria.

Overall I do agree with you. Instead of making assumptions, people need to look at the whole picture and ask a person who is trans. It would make it a lot easier for us, as assumptions cause us to struggle with negative actions and feelings.

Thank you for this post.

That is con fusing to me my best friend is a lesbian lady and she could dead lift me and chuck me across the room. I think it has more to do with body type and size. I could sneak up on an owl and pluck a feather without getting noticed, but I can barely lift a sack of sugar. (don't ask where my still is) I think Body type like sex or sexual choice is given at birth. While we can enhance one or the other through training and medical intervention. One should be happy with who one is or change it. I enjoy being a mostly Hetero male. but I also like and appreciate my Transsexual friends the are some of the most beautiful ladies.

LittleJess said:
I love you all fellow girls <3

What about transmen, do you love them as well? I find many get swept away with the fight for transwomen's rights but never think about transmen and their struggles. Not being mean just see a lot of 'love all the girls' and little love for the guys who are trans.

MotherFaith said:
What about transmen, do you love them as well? I find many get swept away with the fight for transwomen's rights but never think about transmen and their struggles. Not being mean just see a lot of 'love all the girls' and little love for the guys who are trans.
I don't see why it matters, as this was a post debunking specifically trans woman myths. Grated, some could pass as trans myths in general, but the topic was specifically for trans women.

I'm all for talking about rights in general, regardless of the people in question. If it is a huge deal, why not make a post about trans men rights rather than comment in a topic about a different group of people? I believe to common thing an extreme left leaning person would say would be "stay in your lane" or something along those lines. I don't agree with that sentiment (as I am not a liberal idealist), however some people may, so just be weary of that.

In the end, fight for what you believe in, but topics like this on a forum are not indicative of someone not supporting another group of people. They wanted to spread awareness from their own perspective, just as I did.

LilStar said:
I don't see why it matters, as this was a post debunking specifically trans woman myths. Grated, some could pass as trans myths in general, but the topic was specifically for trans women.

I'm all for talking about rights in general, regardless of the people in question. If it is a huge deal, why not make a post about trans men rights rather than comment in a topic about a different group of people? I believe to common thing an extreme left leaning person would say would be "stay in your lane" or something along those lines. I don't agree with that sentiment (as I am not a liberal idealist), however some people may, so just be weary of that.

In the end, fight for what you believe in, but topics like this on a forum are not indicative of someone not supporting another group of people. They wanted to spread awareness from their own perspective, just as I did.

The post was about debunking myths about transgender people, not just transwomen. I was just pointing out there are other transpeople who need support as well. I like Jess and support her greatly, I just wanted make the point that people reading this topic, who may know nothing about any transpeople, may find it useful to know there are struggles for transmen as well.

MotherFaith said:
The post was about debunking myths about transgender people, not just transwomen. I was just pointing out there are other transpeople who need support as well. I like Jess and support her greatly, I just wanted make the point that people reading this topic, who may know nothing about any transpeople, may find it useful to know there are struggles for transmen as well.

Fair, however, they chose to direct it towards trans women in the end. No one here objects to the fact that trans men have struggles too, but you came here on a post and made your moot statement when no one was objecting said fact. People know this already, so once again, why not make a new post on it? Because I'm sure there are different things they struggle with comparatively and a new post rather than a buried post on this one would be more effective.

I think that MotherFaith makes a really fair point. We always should strive to make our language more inclusive. The site with its prominent trans girl community does have a tendency to equate "being trans" with "being a trans woman", but I personally do know that trans people of all types; male, non-binary, genderfluid, and many even just people questioning their gender identity do pop in and I believe in making them all feel included.

Honestly we would probably have more if we encouraged them to share more.

I mean I do believe this was more of a Little Jess trying to specifically sound out on a few grievances rather than open it as a general thread about trans myths and that's why she wrote it the way she did, however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't use inclusive language! Always use it when applicable!

I actually did have a few other comments myself about specifically what was said though.

Absolutely tons of people suffer from extreme gender dysphoria and very likely don't feel like their gender was ever their choice. (Myself included.) That's valid. I, however, am never a huge fan of this idea of using "it's not a choice" as an actual defense, however. If someone does for some reason choose this lifestyle for whatever reason, as miserable and hard as it can be, I respect they're doing it for a reason that matters to them. I'm just happy they are making decisions that will make them happier and feel more comfortable with themselves and their place in the world. I often struggle this almost defensive idea that it deserves to be taken seriously because it's "not a choice" like.. this idea that if we could cured of our feelings then we would be required to do so rather than express them and be different.

While certainly one can be a fiscal conversative and a trans person, it is true that the left at least do more for LGBTQA+. I mean, kinda easy to beat the "bathroom bill" party though.. conspiracy? More like pandering. "Not them!" is a pretty persuasive argument right now. "We'll treat you like a human being deserving respect!" Gee-Wilikers! Sign me up!

Lastly, although this was never said outright, I'm always wanting to say.. it doesn't matter what stage of transition you are, or if you pass, or if you'll ever pass. Your gender is valid.

Last edited:
Well to be fair this is the Sissy / Girls section, If it had of been in the mature topics, I would of left out that last part.

I apologize for that. I know a few trans-men indeed they are generally left out. The post was aimed towards trans-girls in specific, but It can apply to both trans-females and trans-men. bits and pieces anyway.

LittleJess said:
Well to be fair this is the Sissy / Girls section, If it had of been in the mature topics, I would of left out that last part.

I apologize for that. I know a few trans-men indeed they are generally left out. The post was aimed towards trans-girls in specific, but It can apply to both trans-females and trans-men. bits and pieces anyway.

Absolutely understandable why you would say that and I don't think anyone is asking you to feel sorry specifically. I even mentioned that I totally got why you said that, since most of what you were saying related specifically to wanting to dispel harmful trans girl myths. A worthy cause for sure.

I guess since it mentions talking about gender identity in the description, I always kinda saw this board as a very pro-gender related discussion board as well. It certainly has been used like that. So I do think trans boy/nb trans and such topics would fit here! But it's fine that your topic wasn't intended that way either!

I love you, sister!

Last edited:
You expect to get people to believe the argument for allowing trans people to use the restroom of the gender they identify with isn't about going in to get their jollies? (/BS rant)

One of the best friends my wife and I have is post-op MtF and she is the most wonderful woman to have as a friend. She was invited to my oldest daughter's wedding, and our other daughter is named after her. The hate and fear projected towards trans people is ridiculous in a day and age where the information is so readily available and easy to find. They're people like the rest of us and deserve the same respect.

gigglemuffinz said:
Absolutely understandable why you would say that and I don't think anyone is asking you to feel sorry specifically. I even mentioned that I totally got why you said that, since most of what you were saying related specifically to wanting to dispel harmful trans girl myths. A worthy cause for sure.

I guess since it mentions talking about gender identity in the description, I always kinda saw this board as a very pro-gender related discussion board as well. It certainly has been used like that. So I do think trans boy/nb trans and such topics would fit here! But it's fine that your topic wasn't intended that way either!

I love you, sister!

Ah, I haven't seen this section used by both trans-females and trans-males before, but considering there was a user who posted here not long ago who was FTM I guess it's dual use, haven't seen it used for that before, but I guess it can be.

I do not know any transmen. However, I must assume like all people, They are great. I try not to prejudge. I realize I am not perfect and even stubborn. That is why I have to realize and admit my faults, and embrace others no matter how different from me they are. If If everyone is was the same as I am, the world would be either completely insane or boring.

LittleJess said:
Ah, I haven't seen this section used by both trans-females and trans-males before, but considering there was a user who posted here not long ago who was FTM I guess it's dual use, haven't seen it used for that before, but I guess it can be.

Thanks Jess. What I said was not meant as any form of critism at you. It was simply awareness raising in case someone with no knowledge read your post and thought all trans people were transwomen. You go girl, live as you

I was shamed by family and friends when I came out as transgender I’m sure my close family kinda geussed it would happen because I tried to wear girl clothes since I was 5 and tried to use diapers since I was 6 and 1/2 I was always considered a weirdo to my family and me coming out deffinatly did not make it any better and my friend after I came out were no longer there it was a hard thing to adjust to I was outcasted by my real family my step dads family just wanted me happy though which I though was amazing my family is extremely old school Christian and think I am part of the devils work or that the devil tells me to do what I do which sucks because I feel so much more comfortable in women’s clothes even socks feel better on my feet that male catered socks but I can tell you one thing there might be a lot of stereotypes about transgender women or men for that matter but don’t do what I did just block all that bull that every one decided to say about you friend or family either way if they really do love you they will come around and I feel like an idiot for not realizing that (yes there will always be someone that you know that may be never able to handle the change( my grandparents whom I have to live with) but you need to do what’s right for you I geuss I consider my self a sissy now because I don’t dress 24/7 like I use to even though I wish I could I just would have no where to go and would have to live on the streets hell my wife even divorced me and said I wasn’t man enough for her even though she’s the one that told me to be true to my self so I don’t want anyone to go what I’ve gone through but just remember if it makes you feel they way you feel like you should be fuck everyone that doesn’t want to be around you because I made the mistake to go back and now I’m afraid to ever come out again and I hate that plus most people though that since I feel like I’m a woman that I must want men which is not the truth I am a lesbian transgender sweetheart and always will be at heart I just need to get to the point that I need to in life and unfortunately right now I have to put the life I truly want on hold because I backed down due to discrimination against me looking back I should have don’t the right thing by me and I wish I would have but my day will come just remember don’t let people destroy the image you see in yourself
Xoxoxoxoxo I love all my beautiful sissy’s and my beautiful boys and girls
Always with love,
Your baby Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back