Status
Not open for further replies.

TabulaRasa2017

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Hello everyone,

I feel I need to preface this post in a few ways. First, I’m going to talk about sexual feelings, but I will keep it PG-13 and this is not intended to be anything other than exploring the connection between shame, ABDL, and personal acceptance. However, fair warning, this requires me to talk about erections and sexual “release.” Second, I don’t pretend what I’m sharing here is the most original insight about shame and ABDL, but it does reflect my experiences and maybe some of yours. Third, I am also coming from the perspective of someone for whom ABDL is intimately tied in with my sexuality. I realize that for some people, ABDL is not connected to their sex drive, and so this post is not directed toward those individuals, although that is not to suggest that their experiences are not valid or genuine. Fourth, being male, I have no idea what this is like for female ABDLs, and I hope this post doesn’t appear to suggest that their experiences aren’t equally valid or genuine, or that this is only a male thing. In fact, it would be interesting to hear more female perspectives on this because in my experience there are too few. Fifth, I am not gay, but there are many gay ABDLs. I can only speak from my experience as a heterosexual, but I in no way wish to suggest that this should only be considered from that perspective.

I have come to believe that the deep shame and disgust many of us have felt about our ABDL arises from a type of cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is when you are trying to hold two diametrically opposed ideas in your head without rejecting either. For me, and I suspect for many of you as well, my feelings of wanting to be diapered and cared for as a baby go back before Kindergarten. Some of my earliest preschool memories are of wanting to wear diapers again. Throughout elementary school, these feelings came and went pretty frequently. For me, by the time I was in 1st grade, I can distinctly remember fantasizing about being a toddler again and wearing a disposable diaper, and that those feelings were associated with a mixture of euphoria and warmth. These feelings were also associated with getting an erection. Every time I fantasized about being put back into diapers, I had a euphoric rush accompanied by an erection. But of course when you’re in elementary school, you don’t know anything about sex, and I for one never associated these feelings with anything sexual at that point in my life – it just felt physically and emotionally good to have this fantasy.

So, as I began to go through puberty in junior high and into high school, I did not associate my ABDL feelings (which were still very frequent) with sex. In fact, I kind of kept waiting for my sex drive to happen, and I couldn’t understand why the other kids seemed to naturally “know” that they were attracted to the opposite or same sex. I found girls attractive and had some of the same feelings I had with my ABDL fantasies, but again, I didn’t realize that those feelings were actually my sex drive coming online. When I had my first “release” it was to an ABDL fantasy, and it was at that moment that these two worlds collided for me. I remember thinking, “oh my god, that wonderful feeling is what sex must be about!” This was followed quickly by, “oh my god, what did I just have sexual ‘release’ to?” On top of this were feelings of shame about masturbation, and mixed in with that were feelings that something was wrong with me.

The cognitive dissonance came in when these two worlds collided: my childhood “good body feelings” and my brand new adult awareness of “sex.” Sex is supposed to be an adult thing, yet here I was having sexual feelings about something I should have left behind in early childhood – being diapered and being cuddled and treated as a baby. You’re supposed to grow up and out of diapers (unless you’re incontinent) and you’re supposed to leave your baby things behind. How can you hold those two things in your head at the same time? It felt shameful that I needed to have my childhood fantasy in order to achieve sexual release. And I felt then that I was really alone because how was I going to tell anybody this and not be mocked or, worse yet, labeled a freak or pervert. These feelings in turn made it very difficult for me to have the confidence I had in other aspects of my life to initiate relationships with women.

I believe that if you’re on the ABDL spectrum when it comes to sex, you have to really work at realizing that your “good body feelings” from childhood (or whatever those may be for you) are what you need to tap into to make sex feel the best. And that means that you have to really work on accepting that this is your body and brain’s way of turning on your sex drive. It’s almost feels like everyone else has keys that you don’t have to start a car. You can start the car, but you need a different set of keys or even some hotwiring skills. But if you can accept this, and put aside the shame that naturally comes from the cognitive dissonance, you can be open with sexual partners about what you need to have a fulfilling sex life. That has probably been my biggest struggle: accepting and admitting that I need – not want, not would like, not would maybe occasionally like to try – but need some part of those “good body feelings” from childhood to make sex come alive for me the way it must for other people. And, similarly, that other people have different buttons they need pushed in order to ignite their sexual sparks.

I might speak like I have this all figured out – I do not. But, especially if you’re just coming to terms with this part of yourself, and especially if you’re a younger person and feeling terrible about this like I used to, please know that it is okay to accept this part of who you are. And even more importantly, it is okay to ask for what you need in this regard. Some people are going to tell you “no” or will not understand. That is okay – that means you’re not going to be physically and emotionally compatible with that person. If someone tells you “no” or they cannot understand why you need this, be kind and respectful but walk away. Find someone who will tell you “yes” or will understand this part of who you are. Find the person who has the keys to start your engine – and know that you are worthy of that. I wish someone had told me that a long time ago, and I hope you know that you are okay.

Certainly, you don’t go out into the world and broadcast this most intimate and vulnerable part of yourself to everyone. But if you find someone you can be vulnerable with, they should be accepting of this part of you, and you should not feel ashamed for wanting your flavor of love and affection.

Be well.

Reactions: PeteyUK
My fetish started when I was around four years old. Of course I didn't understand that the feelings I were having were sexual, I only knew that they made me feel a certain way, made me want to touch myself. I was scolded for masturbating, and my mother drilled it into my head that training pants - those things I saw on TV that drove me wild - were stupid, so I seemed to sense my inner fantasies weren't something you told people about.

I can't say, however, that I've ever felt really repulsed that this is the thing that turns me on. When I was younger, about 11, and started to experiment, such as by wetting toilet paper placed in my underwear, I thought it was kind of weird - but didn't dwell on it. When I got into my teens and started learning more about masturbation and fetishes, it started making sense.

The way I look at is, sometime in my early childhood, wires got crossed in my brain. This fetish has been with me for about 20 years now and I know it's not going anywhere. Overall, being DL has not been a negative factor in my life; it's more of the AB aspect of my personality that causes trouble... but that is a topic for another day.

Oh, it doesn't matter if your DL, AB, or SD. We have been told by general society, and more so by our parents growing up, that diapers after potty training is very wrong. Trying to unlearn this misnomer is/was very difficuly for most all of us.

Cognitive dissonance? I like that. I had to look it up. It is defined as psychological stress; specifically, the stress that arises from the situation you describe: having two or more opposing beliefs.

That seems to accurately describe the stress that many of us now confront or have confronted while growing up. We are dealing with the biological reality of our personal natures which seem to be in opposition with the reality of social expectations that, for the most part, we understand and accept. Short of a brain transplant it's unlikely we can fundamentally change our nature. But it also seems unlikely that society will ever be persuaded to embrace what it sees as unacceptable. A better scientific understanding could lead to greater social tolerance, but that won't entirely remove the stigma. So we do what any normal person would do in this situation: we hide that part of ourselves.

Of course, feeling the need to hide something can be stressful too. It implies that either there is something wrong with us, or there is something wrong with everyone else.

Just my personal belief but, I think self acceptance in our case starts with accepting the situation as reality without giving any thought as to whether it is right or wrong. The difficulty here is that we are taught throughout our lives that there are right and wrong answers to everything. This is true when it comes to spelling or math tests, but when it comes to life I like how Mark Twain put it: "I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way. "

Relationship with me and my girlfriend

I did not associate my diaper wearing with sex until I told my girlfriend about my diaper wearing after I asked her to move in with me. She asked the questions Why do I wear them; does it turn me on; etc. I had to because of a spinal injury, now they are something I got used to; No it does not turn me on. At first she was a little shocked but accepting.
I continued wearing and wetting during the day. And she did not mind even if I was home in nothing but my diaper, or if we went out. She would even carry extras in her purse, so I did not have to carry my back pack.
I did not wear them when we were in bed together, but I kept a pad under the sheets just in case. this worked OK for about a week, but I wet one night and didn't wake up until morning; luckily the pad worked and the mattress was saved. My girlfriend slept on the other side of the bed and didn't notice till I woke her. She helped me put the sheets and pad in the wash, and we went off to work like nothing happened. That night I got home after her and was extremely wet and leaking a little my diaper cover saved my pants, but I had to change right away. I went in the bedroom and started to change a use my wipes to clean up and avoid rash. While I was cleaning my girlfriend asked if she could watch me change. I did not think much about it and said OK.
That night she asked if she could help me put one on for bed. Though I was slightly aroused, I felt more comforted and had the best nights sleep in a long time.
Since then she changes me in the mornings when I wake up wet, evenings when I come home, at night before bed, and we use the family restroom when she changes me while we are out.
I don't like baby clothes; we tried them, though I do like to go to Halloween parties dressed as a boy baby in a romper, and her as a baby girl in a cute dress. If she wets while at the party I change her and vice versa. We are going to one tonight.
Occasionally she wears diapers and uses them when we are snuggling and watching a movie at home.
There is nothing about diaper wearing that is sexual with us. It is more about the intimacy and closeness of our relationship.
It seems that the experience has brought

Last edited:
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
My fetish started when I was around four years old. Of course I didn't understand that the feelings I were having were sexual, I only knew that they made me feel a certain way, made me want to touch myself. I was scolded for masturbating, and my mother drilled it into my head that training pants - those things I saw on TV that drove me wild - were stupid, so I seemed to sense my inner fantasies weren't something you told people about.

I can't say, however, that I've ever felt really repulsed that this is the thing that turns me on. When I was younger, about 11, and started to experiment, such as by wetting toilet paper placed in my underwear, I thought it was kind of weird - but didn't dwell on it. When I got into my teens and started learning more about masturbation and fetishes, it started making sense.

The way I look at is, sometime in my early childhood, wires got crossed in my brain. This fetish has been with me for about 20 years now and I know it's not going anywhere. Overall, being DL has not been a negative factor in my life; it's more of the AB aspect of my personality that causes trouble... but that is a topic for another day.

I've told you before in another thread you're more accepting than I was of all of this. Certainly, this has not been an easy thing for me to come to terms with even though I am okay with it now. I guess I was just trying to let others know who might have felt as terrible as I did about all of this that it is indeed okay to accept this part of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Drifter said:
Cognitive dissonance? I like that. I had to look it up. It is defined as psychological stress; specifically, the stress that arises from the situation you describe: having two or more opposing beliefs.

That seems to accurately describe the stress that many of us now confront or have confronted while growing up. We are dealing with the biological reality of our personal natures which seem to be in opposition with the reality of social expectations that, for the most part, we understand and accept. Short of a brain transplant it's unlikely we can fundamentally change our nature. But it also seems unlikely that society will ever be persuaded to embrace what it sees as unacceptable. A better scientific understanding could lead to greater social tolerance, but that won't entirely remove the stigma. So we do what any normal person would do in this situation: we hide that part of ourselves.

Of course, feeling the need to hide something can be stressful too. It implies that either there is something wrong with us, or there is something wrong with everyone else.

Just my personal belief but, I think self acceptance in our case starts with accepting the situation as reality without giving any thought as to whether it is right or wrong. The difficulty here is that we are taught throughout our lives that there are right and wrong answers to everything. This is true when it comes to spelling or math tests, but when it comes to life I like how Mark Twain put it: "I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way. "

Thanks, Drifter. I think we just have this vulnerable aspect of our personalities but that it is okay to fulfill those needs. For anyone that might be looking for a relationship with someone now or in the future, it's important to recognize that this part of yourself isn't going away and it deserves to be acknowledged. From my own personal experience, you will be miserable and feel unfulfilled in any relationship where this part of you isn't accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

Mickeymic said:
I did not associate my diaper wearing with sex until I told my girlfriend about my diaper wearing after I asked her to move in with me. She asked the questions Why do I wear them; does it turn me on; etc. I had to because of a spinal injury, now they are something I got used to; No it does not turn me on. At first she was a little shocked but accepting.
I continued wearing and wetting during the day. And she did not mind even if I was home in nothing but my diaper, or if we went out. She would even carry extras in her purse, so I did not have to carry my back pack.
I did not wear them when we were in bed together, but I kept a pad under the sheets just in case. this worked OK for about a week, but I wet one night and didn't wake up until morning; luckily the pad worked and the mattress was saved. My girlfriend slept on the other side of the bed and didn't notice till I woke her. She helped me put the sheets and pad in the wash, and we went off to work like nothing happened. That night I got home after her and was extremely wet and leaking a little my diaper cover saved my pants, but I had to change right away. I went in the bedroom and started to change a use my wipes to clean up and avoid rash. While I was cleaning my girlfriend asked if she could watch me change. I did not think much about it and said OK.
That night she asked if she could help me put one on for bed. Though I was slightly aroused, I felt more comforted and had the best nights sleep in a long time.
Since then she changes me in the mornings when I wake up wet, evenings when I come home, at night before bed, and we use the family restroom when she changes me while we are out.
I don't like baby clothes; we tried them, though I do like to go to Halloween parties dressed as a boy baby in a romper, and her as a baby girl in a cute dress. If she wets while at the party I change her and vice versa. We are going to one tonight.
Occasionally she wears diapers and uses them when we are snuggling and watching a movie at home.
There is nothing about diaper wearing that is sexual with us. It is more about the intimacy and closeness of our relationship.
It seems that the experience has brought

Hi Mickeymic, thank you for sharing your personal experiences. I think it's important to let others know there can be fulfilling ABDL relationships. Again, some of us just need to know we're okay and to look for acceptance in our relationships.

I've liked diapers since I was about 5 I think? I was late potty training and I wasn't potty-trained since I was about 4 yrs old, and when I turned 5 I started to wet the bed and I think that's when goodnights were coming out, but Idk. I asked my mom if I needed them and she said no because I didn't to it all the time, this was true. And then for years I never really thought about it again till like... 6th grade. When I started to feel the urge to just wear diapers again.

I started to wet my pants on purpose and hide the evidence in my room behind some stuff... well then my mom found all of the wet underwear and questioned if I wanted to wear diapers again... this was my chance, a chance that could probably have changed my life forever actually, I'll get to that later, but I said no. To this day I honestly do regret saying no. BUT fast forward to 8th grade where I started to question myself about this a lot more...

I couldn't understand why I liked diapers so much... it wasn't until like... Freshman year when I started to wear diapers and wet them, it was so nice, the feeling... this goes on for a coulple years. At this point I am strictly a DL. Last year I was discussing stuff with my ex bf (we broke up a few months ago.) and I told him I had no interst in AB stuff. And then he asked the question. "Are you sure you don't like that stuff?" And that question got to me so hard. Was I an AB/Little? And the more I thought about it... the more I believed I did.

Fast forward to now, where I'm a Senior in HS, my parents have found out that I like diapers and despise it. Hate it. Want NOTHING to do with it. It got to the point where I'm scared to bring them into the house or else I'll be living under the porch. But it's gotten to the point where I now have a AB/Little headspace... a new bf where before we got together I had to explain all of this to him, he accepts it and he's my "daddy" and when I really think about it... this is the happiest I've ever been. Sure my parents hate it, but to have someone to support me like my bf/daddy does feels incredible... and sure I get some sexual satisfaction from it, but it's mainly a comfort thing. But this experience has changed my life forever... just like if I would've said yes to my mom all those years ago... I could be wearing diapers right now with no one caring...

Sorry for the super long reply... tbh, I might make this even into a thread. But I don't wanna cramp your style. If you actually read my whole ABDL life story thank you so much and I'm sorry. xD :paci:

BabyAshie said:
I was late potty training and I wasn't potty-trained since I was about 4 yrs old, and when I turned 5 I started to wet the bed and I think that's when goodnights were coming out, but Idk.

GoodNites debuted before you were even born, in 1994.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
GoodNites debuted before you were even born, in 1994.

Ah okay. This is what I get for not researching. My bad. ^^'

Interesting thoughts Tabula, thanks for sharing.

There is certainly a disgust and disconnect that I struggle with as well. My car keys... or as folks might call them buttons to push... are very much not normal, but also slightly different. The not normal brings shame, and the specific different does as well...

It does get better, and having someone say, yes, or even OK, don't sweat it is pretty transformative.

Getting what you need is even harder.

AdorableRabbit said:
Interesting thoughts Tabula, thanks for sharing.

There is certainly a disgust and disconnect that I struggle with as well. My car keys... or as folks might call them buttons to push... are very much not normal, but also slightly different. The not normal brings shame, and the specific different does as well...

It does get better, and having someone say, yes, or even OK, don't sweat it is pretty transformative.

Thank you, Adorable, for sharing as well. And thank you for the encouragement. Just being on this site has been pretty uplifting for me, and I can imagine how transformative it will feel when I find someone who does say "yes." Like everyone here, there's so much more to me than my AB/little side, and I know you don't build a relationship only on ABDL just like you wouldn't just on any kind of sex. I guess knowing it's possible to have an ABDL positive relationship is half the battle for me. So, again, thank you and really everyone here for their friendship and encouragement.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyMitchy said:
Getting what you need is even harder.

Hi BabyMitchy,

I know from experience it's no piece of cake, but I have to believe it's possible. Especially if you're your true self and you can embrace this aspect of who you are. That is very new for me.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyAshie said:
I've liked diapers since I was about 5 I think? I was late potty training and I wasn't potty-trained since I was about 4 yrs old, and when I turned 5 I started to wet the bed and I think that's when goodnights were coming out, but Idk. I asked my mom if I needed them and she said no because I didn't to it all the time, this was true. And then for years I never really thought about it again till like... 6th grade. When I started to feel the urge to just wear diapers again.

I started to wet my pants on purpose and hide the evidence in my room behind some stuff... well then my mom found all of the wet underwear and questioned if I wanted to wear diapers again... this was my chance, a chance that could probably have changed my life forever actually, I'll get to that later, but I said no. To this day I honestly do regret saying no. BUT fast forward to 8th grade where I started to question myself about this a lot more...

I couldn't understand why I liked diapers so much... it wasn't until like... Freshman year when I started to wear diapers and wet them, it was so nice, the feeling... this goes on for a coulple years. At this point I am strictly a DL. Last year I was discussing stuff with my ex bf (we broke up a few months ago.) and I told him I had no interst in AB stuff. And then he asked the question. "Are you sure you don't like that stuff?" And that question got to me so hard. Was I an AB/Little? And the more I thought about it... the more I believed I did.

Fast forward to now, where I'm a Senior in HS, my parents have found out that I like diapers and despise it. Hate it. Want NOTHING to do with it. It got to the point where I'm scared to bring them into the house or else I'll be living under the porch. But it's gotten to the point where I now have a AB/Little headspace... a new bf where before we got together I had to explain all of this to him, he accepts it and he's my "daddy" and when I really think about it... this is the happiest I've ever been. Sure my parents hate it, but to have someone to support me like my bf/daddy does feels incredible... and sure I get some sexual satisfaction from it, but it's mainly a comfort thing. But this experience has changed my life forever... just like if I would've said yes to my mom all those years ago... I could be wearing diapers right now with no one caring...

Sorry for the super long reply... tbh, I might make this even into a thread. But I don't wanna cramp your style. If you actually read my whole ABDL life story thank you so much and I'm sorry. xD :paci:

Thanks for sharing your background, BabyAshie. I wish you the best with your bf/daddy and I hope you find a love that works for you. Be yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back