Super Mario Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshiDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Who else here picked up Super Mario Odyssey? What are your thoughts on the game so far? I got my copy from Amazon in the mail today, so far I am really impressed. When the game was shown at the Switch unveiling I was really turned off at first, but as they continued to showcase the game I became much more interested. I think the cap mechanic is really great and it helps add more depth to the game and helps separate Odyssey from being just another Mario game. It's nice to see another open world Mario game with so many different areas, I have really missed the ability to really get to explore the world and not just be on a linear path.

Haven't got it as I haven't got a Switch. Was waiting for something great to come out, would you say it's worth getting a Switch for?

Shadow456 said:
Haven't got it as I haven't got a Switch. Was waiting for something great to come out, would you say it's worth getting a Switch for?

I think now is a good time to get a Switch if there are some games that interest you. The console finally has a strong library of first and third party games already released with a ton of stuff on the way. The Mario Odyssey bundle might be a good way to start with a Switch since you get the console, Super Mario Odyssey, and a carrying case and screen protector all for $379.99, and since the base console cost $299.99 that's a good deal for everything included. I would definitely also check out Zelda and Splatoon 2 if you get a Switch, both of those are fantastic games that will easily get you 100+ hours of game play each.

I'm getting my Switch on Black Friday, and Mario Oddessy is one of the games I'll buy with it.

Got it! Love it! Wish I could spend more time playing it!

It um... feels like there's some really hard moons right out there from the beginning... which is different than what I expected, but loving it so far!

Also Splatoon is great for sure, and Zelda is prolly the best game made in the last 5-10 year. Worth buying a Switch just for that one!

AdorableRabbit said:
Zelda is prolly the best game made in the last 5-10 year. Worth buying a Switch just for that one!

Or it would be if I didn't already buy it for the Wii U... Still considering a Switch though.

AdorableRabbit said:
Got it! Love it! Wish I could spend more time playing it!

It um... feels like there's some really hard moons right out there from the beginning... which is different than what I expected, but loving it so far!

Also Splatoon is great for sure, and Zelda is prolly the best game made in the last 5-10 year. Worth buying a Switch just for that one!

I totally agree, Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon 2 alone make the Switch worth it.

yoshiDL said:
I totally agree, Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and Splatoon 2 alone make the Switch worth it.
Other great titles to get with your Switch (some mentioned not released yet) would be Fire Emblem 2018, Kirby 2018, Doom 4, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario Kart 8 DX.

Just hit 250 moons. Such a great game!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not far, but I really like it so far and wish I could play it more.

ClandestineWing said:
I'm not far, but I really like it so far and wish I could play it more.

Same, I just got to the Metro Kingdom and can't wait to get some more playtime in.

yoshiDL said:
Same, I just got to the Metro Kingdom and can't wait to get some more playtime in.
I might have a problem. I'm on track to hit 500 moons tonight.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I like it a lot. Wouldn't call it revolutionary, but definitely worth picking up and maybe buying a switch over. Depends on how much you like Mario and SM64. I'm just not the biggest Mario fan, but still easily feel this earns a spot for one of the best games of the year.

But to be fair, it's hard to live up to the masterpiece that is BotW. (In my opinion)

I'd still buy the switch any way it's just a fantastic console; especially for party games like Overcooked, Just Dance, and the Jackbox games.

Sheepies said:
I like it a lot. Wouldn't call it revolutionary, but definitely worth picking up and maybe buying a switch over. Depends on how much you like Mario and SM64. I'm just not the biggest Mario fan, but still easily feel this earns a spot for one of the best games of the year.

But to be fair, it's hard to live up to the masterpiece that is BotW. (In my opinion)

I'd still buy the switch any way it's just a fantastic console; especially for party games like Overcooked, Just Dance, and the Jackbox games.

I completely agree, Odyssey isn't a game changer for me but it's still a great game and a nice improvement for the Mario series. I do feel the same about BotW also, that felt like a real game changer, at least for me. I definitely recommend the Switch for anyone who is undecided on the console, it's not even been out a year yet and the console has so many great games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back