Molicare “Maxi” super plus Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I recieved my order today of mostly boosters however thought I would buy a pack of plastic backed molicare super plus for old time sake. Not only are they blue but there now calling them maxi but they are most obviously the old super plus. They look a little more “medical” now, I’ve also been wearing abu and magnifico lately and these feel so thin and flimsy by comparison even though they “purple” were my favs many years back. What’s everyone else’s thoughts?
c2f89af9ce8383aa52a08d7d46746fdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only gotten a small number of moly through the years, mostly as samples iirc, but my main memory of them was that they had a huge length of unpadded plastic both in the front and the back (5" or so?), with no front/back elastic either. They did have a nice soft shell but I found the tapes unreliable and really didn't like the lack of padding in the front/back. Wicking was fair and the padding in the middle was soft though. But it never rated high enough with me to buy more.

I like them for night time and I use them every night. They wick like no other out there from front to back.
they have the largest pad area in the back of any I have seen. I find the tapes to be some of the best in terms of holding power. I think the blue color is tasteful and I always liked the pinstripe design. It's not a firm pad, it is very soft, like cloth. They won't stand up to alot of physical activity like Northshores or Betterdry, So I see them purely as a night time diaper. Though with an insert, they could be put into daytime service I suppose. With the loss of Betterdry, I am struggling to find a good daytime product. Trying Abena L4 first and we will see.

Same here. While the new molicare does still have superior wicking, they have much less padding overall. This directly correlates to being less capable than before. While decent enough, they are not good enough for my needs, and are certainly not premium grade like they used to be.

I would say they are a premium nappy for me. They meet my needs well and they are extremely comfortable, after one month of continuous wear it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a nappy anymore which gives me added confidence. They are also quiet to change in public. I like how the sap doesn't bunch at the front and wicks to the back evening it out. I really like Molicare Slip Maxis I've made them my go to nappy so have 12 packets on re-order delivered every month.

One of these days I will get around to some A/B comparisons between some of my residual stock of purples and the new blues. I am inclined to agree that the absorbency has reduced, although the wicking is still good. They are more discreet than some of the brands I normally wear and they are comfortable, so I still keep them on standby, but there are very few situations where I would specifically choose them. Quietness is not a factor I value these days (I have got over worrying about rustle) but yes they are quiet for a plastic-backed nappy. The other feature that was great about the purples and perhaps still good about the blues (although again I need to put the two side by side to compare) is the inner leakguards. They work(ed) really well to contain larger messes, I don't ever remember having a messy leak from a Molicare, and they hold a booster neatly in place.

bobbilly said:
I would say they are a premium nappy for me. They meet my needs well and they are extremely comfortable, after one month of continuous wear it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a nappy anymore which gives me added confidence. They are also quiet to change in public. I like how the sap doesn't bunch at the front and wicks to the back evening it out. I really like Molicare Slip Maxis I've made them my go to nappy so have 12 packets on re-order delivered every month.

Premium means best of the best. Glad these work for you, molicare is certainly a good diaper. Unfortunately not every diaper can claim being the best.

ArchtopK said:
They wick like no other out there from front to back. they have the largest pad area in the back of any I have seen.

Now that you mention it, yes I do remember they have a very large seat on them. And yes they do wick well.

Update: have used a number of these so far and even though there not a spot on abu I actually do like them. The plastic is super soft and stretches easily and in fact I tore a wing clean off when I was trying to tape one up. I ended up using the torn diaper as a booster by cutting a patch of plastic away and this is when I discovered how totally amazing they are as a booster because the wick so well. I love my little paws and lavenders but will keep some of these on hand from now on instead of my old favourite tena Slip maxis until they destroyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbilly said:

So they don't bunch up like the old ones did. That was why I stopped using them because I had a batch that kept bunching up on me and it gets uncomfortable.

I use these as my daytime diaper now, and Northshore Supremes for overnight (and when I know I won't be able to change easily, and when my bladder is really acting up). I like that they're a little thinner and feel a little drier for when I'm walking around (I tend to walk +4mi a day), but I do agree they aren't the MOST absorbent thing out there.

Calico said:
So they don't bunch up like the old ones did. That was why I stopped using them because I had a batch that kept bunching up on me and it gets uncomfortable.

Yeah, they buch up badly. Many diapers have this issue, none worse than wellness thou.

What I have found is that if you position the tapes on the sap the plastic rips and the sap comes out and they leak. So it’s best to position the tapes above the sap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back