Getting ready for 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthedark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Intro: I'm not an incontinent or someone need diapers for medical reason, I just want to start diapered 24/7 and also to make it so I can accept my self better. I still live with my parent and still had no jobs, but my parent do believe that I still have bowel incontinent problem but they didn't know about my dl.

So I found two cheap, good and just very good overall for me. Which is Tranquility ATN and Molicare Slip super plus. I have trouble in choosing them and I don't know which one that I will pick for everyday use because both have pros and cons.

Tranquility ATN
+ Have good tapes (bcs its plastic backed)
+ Good absorbency
+ Good leg less gap / what ever that called that the padding between the leg.
-+ More capacity (but you cant do too much when sitting cuz it will leak)
- More expensive 48ct for $39
- Leak faster (than Molicare, prob bcs the leg gap is less but its more comfortable tho)

Molicare Slip Super Plus
+ Less odor (prob cuz the leg gap)
+ Never really leaked even when full(again the leg gap)
+ Less sounds like crinkles
+ Less swelling
+ Cheaper 90ct for $59
- Cloth like
- If soaked the thing inside will move around

Also I know I should start buy a powder and also wipes, what wipes and powder you recommend? Also how many wipes you actually need each change (like how many paper of the wet wipes)?

And do I need another thing else? Thanks :)

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Powder is dangerous if it has talc as it is carcinogenic. Use a starch or cream instead. I use one wipe after a normal wetting two after a flood that leaks and a whole box after a #2. No I don't. I would just jump in the tub if I had one of those accidents. Looks like you Have done great research on those diapers. Maybe alternate which you buy and see which you use more and when each is more appropriate. Also I would consider stuffers/boosters and see how you like them. I cut up an old flannel sheet into 6 rectangles and I can fold each down to fit in my diaper. I usually wrap it around a baby diaper size 1-3 to save $ and it will be really soft and swell up. I wouldn't put a lot of money into boosters until you try a few things but a small pack of baby diapers might be a better deal than the adult boosters. I rip the elastic put of mine so they lay flat.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Fascinating said:
Powder is dangerous if it has talc as it is carcinogenic. Use a starch or cream instead. I use one wipe after a normal wetting two after a flood that leaks and a whole box after a #2. No I don't. I would just jump in the tub if I had one of those accidents. Looks like you Have done great research on those diapers. Maybe alternate which you buy and see which you use more and when each is more appropriate. Also I would consider stuffers/boosters and see how you like them. I cut up an old flannel sheet into 6 rectangles and I can fold each down to fit in my diaper. I usually wrap it around a baby diaper size 1-3 to save $ and it will be really soft and swell up. I wouldn't put a lot of money into boosters until you try a few things but a small pack of baby diapers might be a better deal than the adult boosters. I rip the elastic put of mine so they lay flat.

What cream is it? and I dont understand what is starch is.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Corn starch is the base. You can find it plain in the baking section or some powders are starch based instead of talc. I like A&D Ointment but also lotion, baby oil or baby oil gel, vaseline etc. can be used. I only use these when I notice a tenderness but prevention is better if you are comfortable with that.

I use Molicare Slip Maxi. I'm a 24/7 wearer and could choose any incontinence nappy but I like Molicares the most. I like how they fit and they wick good. I buy proper incontinence wipes (ID care) because they cover a larger surface area and they don't smell chemically. I use 3 wipes per change unless I have a bowel movement. I change in my room. I have all my changing supples at hand in my desk door. I have a kitchen bin with a pop up lid and I have a plastic bin liner in it. It helps to reduce smells. After each change I dispose of my used nappy in waste basket plastic sacks and that also helps reduce smells. I empty the kitchen bin every morning after my morning change. I only use nappy rash cream when I get nappy rash which isn't often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back