Which diapers did you wear as a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curity cloth diapers (specifically the Day/Night prefolds), pins, and plastic pants. And when we were out and about, I was sometimes put in Pampers. This was in the 70's, so the Pampers were the pleated rectangular ones.

My parents kept my cloth diapers, used them on my younger sister, and then packed them away. I found them and used them as my DL diapers for much of my childhood. The Pampers were discovered much later, probably when I was 10 or 11. We were preparing to go on a long bike ride, and my mom got out an old bike bag that she hadn't used in years. Inside was an old Pampers diaper. I asked her why it was in there, and she told me that she used to put us in Pampers when we were out for long strolls, bike rides, etc. I think she sensed that I was interested in the diaper, though, as it quickly disappeared and was never seen again.

I was in cloth diapers and rubber pants. I don't remember the feeling at all but this was what was available at the time.

I was a Johnson's Baby Scott diapered baby, the system doesn't exist anymore, it was like a reusable pocket plastic pants that had a pocket that you put a disposable liner/pad in, I just found a video on youtube, I didn't know it was possible to find such a thing, wow that brings back a lot of memories when I watched this, I always remember playing with the T tab in the front, my mom never liked when I did it. Here's the youtube ad for them : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MervFC__mjA

i think it was pampers are huggies

Snap on plastic pant with a belting system that held the diaper in place.
I am sure it was not the Johnson's Baby Scott.
From what my mother has said the diaper was folded in four and went over a belt in front and back then snapped on in place.

From the few pictures I've seen, it appears to be cloth diapers with pins and plastic pants. I have no memory of being in diapers other than a very early memory fragment (possibly just a dream) of being in my crib and scared by my mobile. I'd have obviously been in diapers at that time but they don't feature in the memory at all.

While I do like cloth diapers on occasion, I'm much more interested in disposables. I'd say I'm probably more enthusiastic about plastic pants than I am about cloth diapers. Plastic pants seem fairly redundant with a good disposable, so wearing cloth is about the only time I use them.

I wore the Barney Luvs until I was fully potty trained at the age of 6. Even after that I would still have accidents but refused to be put back in diapers.

Cloth diapers and plastic pants since disposables hadn't been invented when I was a "real" baby. That's all I used as an adult until recently, Rearz disposables have ruined me for cloth.

I don't really remember, I just remember they were blue. My earliest memory of even noticing a brand name was when my parents told me I had to stay in pull ups for a while.

Pampers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloth diaper and rubber pants.

I remember wearing cloth most of the time at night until age 4. Also there were pampers boxes that we had and wore on weekends. I remember blocks that faded when wet but I'm not sure if that was on the Pampers or another brand. The only reason I really remember the Pampers was because my mom thought the Pampers baby looked just like my sister so she would cut out all the little circles and put some in the photo album. This was in the late 70s.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Pampers and Huggies most definitely.

i wore cloth with plastic pants ,babylino with no tapes (then),and plastic backed pampers

My mom put me mostly in cloth diapers until grew out of them. Then she switched to Libero, and some of my oldest memories regarding diapers are with those. They were of course plastic backed.

I don't remember much before the age of four, my diaper brand included. My younger did wear pampers most of the time though, so that's probably what I wore too.

willnotwill said:
Cloth diapers with Sears Best plastic pants.

same here for me: cloth diapers and plastic pants, but i can bet they werent sears best unless mom found them used at goodwill.

My parents started me out in cloth diapers and plastic pants, but when I got closer to toddler age they moved me into Kimby disposable diapers. Kimbys were used on my siblings until Pampers started catching on. This was the early 1970s.

I think it was Huggies when I was younger? I have no idea what kind of diapers there were when I was younger. But I have always wanted to know. I was too little to remember. If I had to guess it was huggies was the brand. I remember my parents using them for my sister and brother when they where growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back