Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything wrong with physically becoming a fur?

Default Is there anything wrong with physically becoming a fur?

Now, there was a Furspace thread on a similar subject of the technology of becoming a furry, But I want to ask... would you actually do it?

Would you actually pay to have your body genetically altered so that you might be the fursona of your dreams?

Of course, the process would not be free. I would imagine that at best, it might cost somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 U.S. Dollars, before inflation. Of course, if you were to save up, it would be reasonable.

But if you could, would you save up, design, and have your body become whatever you want?

This thread also has potential for other related issues. Is it ethical? When would you pay, before or after? Would your mind change at all?

There's others, but I'll answer the questions I have presented.

1: Hell yes I'd become my fursona. I am even strongly considering going to college in genetics so that I may help to create the process for this transformation.

2: I think it's perfectly ethical. We already have cosmetic surgeons making people as beautiful as they can afford to buy. This is the same thing, but in a different method and we have an understandably different vision of "Beauty." It is, as they say, found in the eye of the beholder.

3: I think you should pay most of it before, or at the very least be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are capable of paying for the process. This is because if you cannot pay, you cannot exactly return the goods, not even Repo the Genetic Opera style. It actually probably cost more to change you back than it'd be worth, not to mention be psychologically crippling.

4: I don't think the mind should be made any lesser, ever. Stronger? Perhaps, but you have to pay extra, and undergo extensive psychological tests to be sure you do not become an unstopable, evil (albeit fuzzy and cute) genius.

The process would be kind of like this story, where you are changed, then have to spend some time recovering and taking some lessons.

Discuss!

1. It's not that I wouldn't like it, but I probably wouldn't go through with it.
    2. I don't see anything unethical about it.
    3. I'm not sure. I guess some of it should be paid beforehand though. Like a down payment.
    4. Changing the mind is almost a different thing altogether, though I can see how it could be related. Anyway, some kind of psychological sessions and tests would probably be highly recommended, whether the mind is somehow altered or not. It will still be altered, in a way, just from the psychological effects of the whole procedure.

there is already Catman and lizard man that have stuff done to them to make them the way they want.

I don't see anything wrong with having yourself changed genetically or surgery as long as when its done your as healthy as before you did it. I would do it myself if i could.

The only real draw back about doing it is simple closed minded people that want to protest about every little thing even when it does not harm them one bit. (Sorry if i went off your topic a bit)

Last edited by Siddy; 20-Apr-2009 at 00:04. Reason: added pic

Personally I think it's perfectly okay to become your fursona if you particularly wish. But then I don't really put much importance in morals and ethics. You should do what you want with reality because others will do whatever they want to you...

Secret

I think its fine sure we all say its fine but people willstill think oddly of you and you will be deiscriminated against by some very close minded people.

Or you could end up like this lady here.
    YouTube - Cheetah Lady
    : O

Butterfly Mage

I wouldn't do it. I don't think it's a moral issue however.

Of course, if I could become a butterfly/human hybrid, it would be cool being able to fly, hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    I think its fine sure we all say its fine but people willstill think oddly of you and you will be deiscriminated against by some very close minded people.
    That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't do it. Though I wish I didn't give a crap about what other people think. Second reason is I don't like the idea of the pain and surgery involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't do it. Though I wish I didn't give a crap about what other people think. Second reason is I don't like the idea of the pain and surgery involved.
    One: If you are harassed, you can easily press charges. Not to mention having sharp claws would help if that's how you went...

And for number two...

Morphine!
    It works!

... but if you don't like the idea of going under the knife in general, I was thinking modifying the genetic structure and letting the body change itself. Not only would it not involve being operated on, it would probably rejuvenate the body age-wise and heal any number of other genetic issues.

Am I the only one who though of South Park when reading this? You know, the episode where Gerald has a dolphin-plasty to turn him into his inner self? No?

Anyway, I'll start of by saying that if there was technology that allowed for this kind of surgery it would be... well, very cool. And by that I don't mean tattooing a fur pattern on yourself and inserting silicone under your skin to mimic animal looks. I mean the real deal, as in having actual, good looking fur growing on you body.

Now, I'm not a furry, so maybe I can't see the whole "thing" in doing it, but I wouldn't unless it became acceptable to a degree where I could hold a job that wouldn't be as a circus freak. However, if it was entirely acceptable in mainstream society I would certainly consider doing it. Mostly because of the whole "awesome factor". Anthropomorphism is really very aesthetically pleasing and I think it would look good on me.

As for it being unethical, I just can't see why it would be. Then again, my looks on medical ethics would make any zealous christian's blood boil.

When I as in college I thought it would be cool. But now I wouldn't because of employment. Hello hiring committee. This is Mr. Wolf. Oh don't worry, he doesn't bite!