Favorite diaper for the mountains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomviper000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For any fellow alpinists, as we close in on the season, what was your favorite/most comfortable diaper you found last year for use in the mountains, whether skiing, snowshoeing, mountaineering, etc.? I’ve used the tena slip maxi, attends M10 (ones that had only the cloth sides), A+ and ABU sdk, as far as I can remember. I think the tena worked best, but it was the old version they don’t make anymore :( Any other suggestions and/or experience?

Dry 24/7 are the best. Comfortable, they hold a lot, and are not too expensive.

I don’t do any of those fabulous activities but for active activities ( :) ) SDKs (which I see ya got covered) are my favourite.

These new Bambino UltraStretch and assuming Magnificos might be worth a shot, they are not too wide in the crotch, comfy, absorbent and the stretchy sides that I think are part breathable make them easy to change and reposition the tapes if need be.

I really don't know what I'd suggest for a diaper that holds up to a lot of activity/walking. Most of them clump pretty fast, wet or dry, under heavy activity.

I wonder if one of the pull-ups that has a narrower strip of padding in it might fair better? Maybe the Bambino Magnifico pullup?

No disposable is probably going to fair terribly well. I think cloth is going to always win this battle.

The bambino ultra stretch/Magnificos are too big on me with the stretch in the waist. Thus, they also leak a little. I’ve asked them about possibility of making a small, but have received non reply.

Never tried cloth, maybe I should...

Always go with the most absorbent, premium diaper you can. I prefer betterdry.

There is nothing like skiing in dry 24/7s, I have only done it a couple of times but it makes the chair lift rides so much more enjoyable.

mayhem said:
Dry 24/7 are the best. Comfortable, they hold a lot, and are not too expensive.

Couldn't agree more. ConfiDrys are the best for long wearing when you don't have to worry about a bit of bulk. Fantastic choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back