Has anyone ever thought about buying from the factory direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it! I wish spoilers worked on mobile phones. It's like polls, I can never see them.

Last edited:
i have the feeling that when you buy one of these machines, they are basically set up to produce one pad shape.
then, in our case, you can use different rolls of plastic for the outer shell and that is the only thing that changes. Maybe you can change the thickness, and sap ratio, but the "shape" never seems to change. To have a pad made that resembles 1985 huggies, would likely require a dedicated machine. It would be nice to talk with someone who makes the equipment. There used to be a gentleman out of Mexico, I believe, Carlos Richer, who made such machines, I had a few email exchanges with him years ago, but last time I tried, I never heard back.

ArchtopK said:
i have the feeling that when you buy one of these machines, they are basically set up to produce one pad shape.

That's what I have heard. The shell and the pad come in large continuous rolls and have to be cut to shape using a "die" set. It's a bit like a cookie cutter, where one is the positive and one is the negative so they come as a set of two large rollers. Apparently they're very expensive. The ones that cut the shell don't have to be anywhere near the quality as the ones that cut the pad. (have you ever tried to cut a diaper? Try cutting one in half with a scissors) I'm assuming they have to be replaced when they get dull too.

Thicker padding is a problem, it gets a lot more difficult to cut the pad with a drum die when it starts getting thick. I've seen several diaper manufacturers/retailers mention "Our new double drum technology lets us make thicker diapers than our competitors!" - i assume they are cutting pad from two rolls at a time and laying them on top of each other to double the pad thickness?

Anyway, it makes sense that these expensive machines are paired with just a handful of expensive die sets, and so they get use to make a variety of different models for different suppliers. The suppliers just provided the roll of shell which gives the diaper its distinctive look and color, and select the features like which kind of tapes to load into the machine, whether to turn on the accessory that adds the tape panel to the front, (with the supplier providing that since they're also custom printed) and select what brand / thickness of pad roll to use in the manufacture of your run.

Suppliers probably get handed a small portfolio to look through to select what features they want to a'la'carte to their run. Imagine flipping through those pages seeing the possibilities!

ArchtopK said:
It would be nice to talk with someone who makes the equipment. .

They have all kinds of die's When i was emailing the factory the lady i was speaking to told me that as long as i placed a Large order I could have my Diapers how ever I liked.

bambinod said:
Suppliers probably get handed a small portfolio to look through to select what features they want to a'la'carte to their run. Imagine flipping through those pages seeing the possibilities!

It is kind of like a book You send them the design 1 file for the tape area and 1file for the Diaper cover. then you pick cloth Or plastic for the backing " just wanned to say If you pick Plastic the price Go up... lols" then you pick was size you would like they make all kinds of diapers so you have to tell them XXXS child size 6, XXS Child size 7, XS Child size 8, S Adult size S, M Adult size M,L Adult size L, XL Adult size XL,..so on it go on and on all they can do as well i did not know that in china The Child size 8 was so popular... But i got all this info when i was chatting with the lady from the factory. but to get them to do all of this for you you have to place a 50,000 unit Order but the good thang is that 1 unit is 1 diaper so that no so bad you would not need to buy diapers for 2-3 years.. and it not a supper bad price .45 cense it get my custom diapers $22,500.00 for a run and becouse i did the large order they would only charge my the import fee shipping will be free import fee is $375.00 for a grand total of $22,875.00 USD

good information!

BJsTyLeZ said:
1st link you will be paying 1.5 per diaper till you reach a certain number of diapers probly 81 or 90 diapers .

The 2nd one is the one you would you would want to go with.. it only .60 per diaper the shipping is what is going to kill you thoue..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The first link says 80, and those are sold in bags of 10, 8 bags to a case, hence minimum order is 1 case. If you want a bunch, they ship in "MOQ: 20 FT Container" ;)

And that lots of stars shell... that's just a drawing not a product shot, and they don't seem to have a product shot which is odd. I'd assume it's just another MyDiaper variant shell?

Still for a case it not too bad of a price if you take what some of the ABDL diapers are going for these days. Your still saving 20-40% what most diapers companies are charging and with some of these factories you can get them to print your design on there diapers for .45 cents more per diaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The bad thing is, when I asked how much the shipping was, they said $53usd for shipping. But it was for only 6 piece sample. The owner said, the more you buy, the more shipping it will cost. So, my guess is not buying from the factory, or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back