Diaper Confidence 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've seen a few threads now where people have been panicking about going out in public wearing diapers.

I had a first yesterday, which made me think about starting a thread like this.

So, yesterday, I decided to head out to my local shopping centre/mall to have lunch in a cafe. No big deal.

Except for the first time, I decided to wear a flowing skirt (down past my knees, sheesh), nappy, and PUL pants, and a blouse top (being hot over here in Aussieland now). These PUL's I have are quite crinkly, so whilst I was walking around the house getting ready to go out, I could hear them crinkle away.

As soon as I got to the shops, I could hear _nothing_ from down there, because there was so much background noise, that it was impossible for me to hear the crinkle, let alone anyone else hear it.

Confidence++, and I had no further mental questioning or concerns, went on my way, had my lunch, did some shopping, came home and went, "what was I worried about again?".

What gives you confidence when wearing in public?

Reactions: Deleted member 76595
What a great post!

What gives me confidence wearing in public? The knowledge that, even as a DL, I've only very, very rarely noticed anybody else wearing a diaper, but I know the statistics on how common incontinence is, and I know how much shelf space stores devote to diapers and such. Lots of people around us wear diapers and even we don't notice; why would most people notice is wearing?

What gives me confidence that no one notices is that even my husband who knows I wear diapers from time to time, has gone entire days without realizing I'm diapered.

I also do things more and more out of my comfort zone so that I feel comfortable in any situation. For example, a couple weeks ago I went on a hike with an M4 under a pair of running tights. I view it as if I can handle being diapered in this situation, and can handle everything easier than that.

I have wore diapers at work and nobody could tell but maybe being around certain people can make me nervous. I never hear the crinkle its the diaper butt and how I walk. I use the tranquility diaper.which is thin.

ozziebee said:
I've seen a few threads now where people have been panicking about going out in public wearing diapers.

So, yesterday, I decided to head out to my local shopping centre/mall to have lunch in a cafe. No big deal.

Except for the first time, I decided to wear a flowing skirt (down past my knees, sheesh), nappy, and PUL pants, and a blouse top (being hot over here in Aussieland now). These PUL's I have are quite crinkly, so whilst I was walking around the house getting ready to go out, I could hear them crinkle away.

As soon as I got to the shops, I could hear _nothing_ from down there, because there was so much background noise, that it was impossible for me to hear the crinkle, let alone anyone else hear it.

Confidence++, and I had no further mental questioning or concerns, went on my way, had my lunch, did some shopping, came home and went, "what was I worried about again?".

I just love it. Carrying a beautiful diaper bag helps. Knowing I can pee anywhere and change my diaper in the bathroom. Throw the used diapers in the bathroom garbage can and browse the aisles.

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

So how did you make yourself not be scare if someone notice. You have a diaper on. I read you just. Need to do it until. That magic day your mind is. No big deal .

For me it came about when I was wearing and had to run an errand. I didn't want to have to take it off and waste it so I just decided to throw my jeans on and luckily it was slightly cold outside so I could get away with wearing my coat (to hide any crinkles). Somebody would have had to REALLY study me to see that I was wearing a diaper, and really, nobody is paying that much attention to me, I'd be surprised if anybody could remember me 5 minutes later.

Since then I've been all over in a diaper, even wetting whilst paying in small shops. As long as you're just dressed normally and not making it stupidly obvious NOBODY will ever know. (I even doubt that it would be the first thought into somebodies head even if they DID notice something was a little different)

I like wearing a diaper out... it makes me feel like I'm in some secret club :)

ozziebee said:

Good hidden diaper - using apropiated clothes and not wetting too much. Easy for me - I'm not IC.

I have worn nappies all the time for well over five years and I can tell you one cares if they do notice.

I guess I don't really have confidence issues wearing in public but that's because I super rarely do. I don't know why, I've felt the urge to do so but then I weigh up things like if it would be comfortable (I work a pretty physical job) and if I had the opportunity to change and I ultimately decide against it. Whenever I had done it I've always made super sure it doesn't get exposed by wearing underwear over it and tucking my shirt in with a belt on. I should probably try it a bit more, I'm also in Australia and really feeling the heat right now :biggrin:

indigodl said:
I like wearing a diaper out... it makes me feel like I'm in some secret club :)

Well put! Even though I'm wearing full time by necessity instead of by choice, I still love the feeling that I get from wearing in public. It is exactly like being in a secret club.

I still question about. If someone can tell but doesn't care. I think he/she does. Where by he/she will be going eww this guy is gross.lets get the banana and oranges and get out of here fast. On another note I will practice not focus on that I am wearing a diaper but rather on my work and customer service

ozziebee said:

Exactly! It's not just that too though. We are especially tuned into how loud and bulky our diapers seem to us. Even in a very quiet setting, when it's still obvious to us, a person standing right next to us will.... not.... notice.....

Case in point. I once had to go through physical therapy for my knees. I wore my usual (thick and loud) confidry, with a onesie and gym shorts. No pul cover to muffle the noise either.

My therapist was actually holding my hips at one point as I was trying to do one legged squats. Literally holding and pressing against my diaper to ballance me. Nothing was said.

I was literally bending at the waist, crinkling all the way, and with her head less than two feet away from my crinkly waist. Nothing was said.

And you know why? Because she didn't even notice. It was only later when she wanted to do electro nerve stimulation on my spine that she came to realize it.

She asked me to lift my shirt, but I told her I couldn't because it's a onesie. She asked me why I was wearing one, and thinking she already knew I said it was so my shirt wouldn't come untucked and expose my diaper. Here exact words were I had no idea you were wearing a diaper. Why, because as obvious it was to me, she had.... not.... noticed....

So heah. What exactly IS everyone worrying about?

- - - Updated - - -

CrazySmoker said:
Good hidden diaper - using apropiated clothes and not wetting too much. Easy for me - I'm not IC.

Sorry but I disagree. Confidence still comes to those who DO wet very much. How else do you think incontinent people deal with it?

Trying to stay dry is only playing to your own fears, and is ultimately hindering your own self back from obtaining that true confidence.

I've been wearing "something" 24/7, for four years, two years of it in VERY CLOSE contact with multiple other team drivers. When I say close, I mean like I'm never more than four feet away from another human being that has no clue I'm wearing. I'm respectful. I choose my cover clothing wisely. I keep myself very clean (daily showers). I use, when appropriate, and us other facilities, when not. I am a perfect example of how you can live with this, and not make it a big damn deal. If all you want is to act like a baby, and wear BIG, PUFFY diapers, then you better save that for when you're home.

I’ve been wearing a diaper 24/7/365 for about 30 years. I started our with cloth diapers and plastic pants and switched to disposables about 20 years ago. I lead an active professional life and am around people all day. Never, ever has anyone commented on the fact that I’m wearing a diaper. Probably some people have noticed (particularly in the early days when I was wearing cloth), but people are generally polite.

Slomo said:
Sorry but I disagree. Confidence still comes to those who DO wet very much. How else do you think incontinent people deal with it?

Trying to stay dry is only playing to your own fears, and is ultimately hindering your own self back from obtaining that true confidence.

I said A, but forgot to say B: Chaging diapers frecuently, when it's necessary (indifferent if IC or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back