having a hard time adjusting to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbullfiend

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
i am having a hard time adjusting to wearing 24/7 <who doesnt right?) since my car accident i have had to wear 24/7 (have had to wear at night for a few years now) and last night at dinner as we were getting up to leave i noticed i had soaked my seat and the back of my pants. didnt even know it until i stood up. thought i was going to die right there...how do you deal with sitting down leaks? this is literally the only time i leak is when im in a seated spot. goes right out the back under my legs no matter what diaper i wear:wallbash:

redbullfiend said:
i am having a hard time adjusting to wearing 24/7 <who doesnt right?) since my car accident i have had to wear 24/7 (have had to wear at night for a few years now) and last night at dinner as we were getting up to leave i noticed i had soaked my seat and the back of my pants. didnt even know it until i stood up. thought i was going to die right there...how do you deal with sitting down leaks? this is literally the only time i leak is when im in a seated spot. goes right out the back under my legs no matter what diaper i wear:wallbash:

I think we all have to cope with leaks now and then. This has happened to me more than once. I guess i is how you handle it. I just pretend it never happened.. My close friends and family all know I am incontinent and in nappies and wouldn't make a fuss. I always have spare clothes somewhere close by to change in to.

Do your diapers have leak guards? I've had good success with those channeling urine toward the back of the diaper instead of out to the sides.

Sitting down is a consistent problem with diaper leaks, since the backs of your legs are at the lowest point of the diaper and it creates a channel for liquid to flow out. Getting the lower tapes just right to keep the leg openings of the diaper pressed snugly against the backs of your legs is critical. I remember that the old Attends directions said to put the lower tapes on first, then the upper tapes, and I think this is why.

One thing you could try is putting a doubler pad in your diaper, but pushed somewhat toward the back. That does two things: It gives you more absorbency in the part of your diaper that's lowest when you're seated, and in a padded seat it will push the diaper's back sheet downward slightly into the padding, creating a little bit of an indentation that can fill up before it leaks out the legs. I don't know if it'll work for you, but it might be worth a shot.

The only suggestion I could give you would be to maybe buy plastic panties so that way you don't leak. Other then that check to see if your diapers have leak guards inside them as well.

You can leak while wearing plastic pants ( or panties...teehee) because there's nothing to absorb the excess pee. It just pools at the bottom of the plastic pants and then can leak out the leg holes when you move. You could try wearing a day weight cloth diaper over your disposable diaper along with plastic pants. It will be really bulky but you probably won't leak.

it happened in a diaper i had wet in once before, while i was seated i went again and leaked. i never wear a diaper unless it has leak guards. i cannot wear cloth during the day as i would literally have to buy all new clothes to fit around them due to thickness.

yes i use booster pads with every diaper. i think i may have just got the fit wrong and may of had a gap when i sat down and shifted.

to catch floods, you need diapers rated for high suction, as the Germans like to say. Better Dry is one of the best I have found in this category, but are currently hard to find in USA.

What diapers are you using? Being they leak on you, it sounds like you need better diapers. Having diapers you can trust to not leak goes a long way in being able to adjust to wearing them.

Betterdry is likely your best bet, northshore and confidry are good too. Yes they are all thicker diapers, but a thick diaper that's done its job is way less noticable than a thin one that has leaked.

You should also consider a diaper cover. They help contain any leaks while also helping you to notice that leak before it becomes outwardly noticable to others. I like the gary activewear pul pants myself. They are very durable, and the nylon outer layer helps muffle any diaper crinkling.

im using northshore currently. i have had the confidry leak at the legs also abenas and some others. its just "my spot" on my right leg. at least its easy to pinpoint i guess. i had never even heard of better dry until coming to this website where do you buy them? also i have tried pul but its chafes my inner legs will be looking into some plastic pants.

Babykins sell great plastic pants

redbullfiend said:
im using northshore currently. i have had the confidry leak at the legs also abenas and some others. its just "my spot" on my right leg. at least its easy to pinpoint i guess. i had never even heard of better dry until coming to this website where do you buy them? also i have tried pul but its chafes my inner legs will be looking into some plastic pants.

Try betterdry.com

And plastic will chafe much more than pul does. The nylon outer layer of pul is your best bet for the least irritation. Your skin just isnt used to the added padding, but it will adapt with time. Until then, just use creams and ointments for the chaffing like you normally would for rashes.

the texture of the cloth covered disposables and pul irritates my skin. plastic just glides. ~shrugs~

I had a hard time as a child born with incontinence. Try different sleeping positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back