Did I just stumble on Bambino's China Diaper Supplier? Check this out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That price is for a minimum order of 50,000 and would require that you obtain an import/export license. But yeah, you probably found the right folks.

There's only a few companies in China that are doing most of the various companies orders - this has been openly stated before.

You have no idea how thick those are, what the quality tolerances are etc

- - - Updated - - -

Note said:
If this is true it proves one thing, Bambino could sell them for significantly cheaper and still make a killing.

Does it? How much is shipping (presumably sea freight) on that kind of quantity? What about warehouse rent + electricity, water etc? Running their website? Other operational costs? Making sure the staff the process and pack the orders actually make a wage that they can live off?

This is interesting, in that they are made out of the same exact materials that infant diapers are made from in China. If you look at the description, you see that the fluff pulp is made in the United States, by Weyerhaeuser. So the Bambinos are indeed partially made in the United States, while some Huggies are entirely made in Mexico, including the fluff pulp. I suppose Bambino could lower their price, if there is enough volume.

Note said:
I think the bigger question is why are those with all the money setting the bar so high for everyone else? I doubt Bambino and the likes would be in the bizz if weren't profitable. Wouldn't mind seeing their annual expense and turnover myself, but let's assume that's confidential information...
The simple short answer is "the haves vs the have nots" its capitalism and that's what makes the US so great

I've surfed Alibaba before, and found pages advertising what appeared to be just about every ABDL diaper I'd ever seen. ABU was not spared. These links have been posted a few times.

As somebody with some experience having things manufactured in China, I'll can tell you that this is one reason why doing business with Chinese manufacturers is challenging. My company has several times has designs blatantly ripped off and sold directly. A lot of these Chinese manufacturers have no qualms about doing that, and going after them for it is extremely difficult. It's one of the reasons why, when it's possible to do so, we now go out of our way to factor designs into multiple non-functional pieces, source the manufacturing from multiple manufacturers, and then have the finished products assembled elsewhere. It still manages to be cheaper than manufacturing domestically, and so far, no theft.

All that said, given how willing many of these manufacturers seem to be to rip stuff off, I wouldn't be surprised if the diaper manufacturer linked in this thread just grabbed an "ABDL Diaper" image off the web and used it. Cheaper than taking a picture of one of their own creations, and these places are all about cheap!

Sorry Dan09 but dealing with Chinese manufacturers on Alibaba really doesn’t work that way.

I work in shipping/transport and can’t tell you the number of customers that have lost their shirt thinking they were getting a bargain in bits of junk bought in bulk only to open the shipping container door to sawdust and malformed rubbish that barely resembles what they “ordered”

I remember recently some nice person designed a diaper using the MyDiaper template with their own art, rejected the poor quality stuff they were presented with and then the rest was sold onto MyDiaper... pretty sure they lost a lot of money.

I also remember a well known Lightsaber maker in the US who is an expert in his field detailed, designed and specified the parts for his Graflex Saber run from China and surprise they were not up to scratch/misaligned.

I am convinced the only way to do business in China is to have an Agent preferably someone who is related to you that has factory and managerial access as well as manufacturing and product knowledge to watch out for your interest.

Argent said:
Sorry Dan09 but dealing with Chinese manufacturers on Alibaba really doesn’t work that way.

I work in shipping/transport and can’t tell you the number of customers that have lost their shirt thinking they were getting a bargain in bits of junk bought in bulk only to open the shipping container door to sawdust and malformed rubbish that barely resembles what they “ordered”

I remember recently some nice person designed a diaper using the MyDiaper template with their own art, rejected the poor quality stuff they were presented with and then the rest was sold onto MyDiaper... pretty sure they lost a lot of money.

I also remember a well known Lightsaber maker in the US who is an expert in his field detailed, designed and specified the parts for his Graflex Saber run from China and surprise they were not up to scratch/misaligned.

I am convinced the only way to do business in China is to have an Agent preferably someone who is related to you that has factory and managerial access as well as manufacturing and product knowledge to watch out for your interest.
Another reason why we need to bring manufacturing back to the good ole US of A!!! At least here we have quality standards.. MAGA!

Dan09 said:
So I was on AliBaba, and found this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Ultra-Thick-Overnight-plastic-ABDL-adult_60117977062.html

Could this be the same 'template' diaper that so many ADBL companies use that comes from China? Check out that price!

0.24 per diaper. :eek!::eek!:

Yep but that's $0.24/pc to manufacture it. You have to ship it, and 50k quantity. There's a lot of overhead in any business too, as well as storage requirements. I've talked with a few retailers about the ads like this appearing on sites like alibaba, and they're not indicating you can buy bellissimo from them... that's a "this is the sort of things we CAN do". When you seriously get to placing an order you a'la carte your product, send them image templates etc and they make it to order. You can pick from different kinds of tapes, different mixes of sap, thickness of padding, etc. The selection of dies used to cut the shell and padding is limited though, which determines the dimensions. (size) If they're following the rules (and not saying they DO) then they don't share one customer's IP with another customer to make "knockoffs".

Not to many years ago Motorola had some radios built in china 6 months later there were tons of crap poor perfoming motorolas being sold on flea bay that were motorola knockoffs , it damaged motorolas brand image and pissed people off, if they wanted Motorola quality they should have bought from Motorola not fleabay.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Buying from China is plagued with problems. I've heard that you can often but decent quality items in small quantities, but as soon as you place a large order they royally screw you over. Either the items are mostly faulty, or they don't conform to specification. I've heard many such tales of woe.

Dealing with the Chinese legal system is hard enough for natives; impossible for foreigners. The only businesses that succeed in manufacturing large volumes of items in China are ones where there is a very close relationship with the factory owners/managers. You need someone on the ground, overseeing quality-control, and making sure that the factory is running as it should.

Tetra said:
Not to many years ago Motorola had some radios built in china 6 months later there were tons of crap poor perfoming motorolas being sold on flea bay that were motorola knockoffs , it damaged motorolas brand image and pissed people off, if they wanted Motorola quality they should have bought from Motorola not fleabay.

Radio quality has been interesting to watch lately... Tytera (known now as TYT), baofeng, Auxon.... super cheap radios that actually work okay. Baogeng's first wave of them were having problems passing FCC emissions tests, but they seem to have gotten their act together. Now you can get a dual band HT for $35 or a digital DMR for $65. Hard to complain, they're so easy to justify as a disposable radio to throw in the glovebox or to gift to a 7 yr old that's studying for his license.

When $35 is "good enough" to replace a $250 yaesu, or $65 is "good enough" to replace a $450 kenwood.... who's to complain?

tiny said:
Buying from China is plagued with problems. I've heard that you can often but decent quality items in small quantities, but as soon as you place a large order they royally screw you over. Either the items are mostly faulty, or they don't conform to specification. I've heard many such tales of woe.

Dealing with the Chinese legal system is hard enough for natives; impossible for foreigners. The only businesses that succeed in manufacturing large volumes of items in China are ones where there is a very close relationship with the factory owners/managers. You need someone on the ground, overseeing quality-control, and making sure that the factory is running as it should.

Yep, tons of cheap Chinese electronics on ebay (even from UK sellers) that do not meet any EU safety standard and is even outright dangerous - LED bulbs are a good example of this. People just think they are getting a bargain, and legit safe brands are 'ripping them off'. sigh.

blob said:
Yep, tons of cheap Chinese electronics on ebay (even from UK sellers) that do not meet any EU safety standard and is even outright dangerous - LED bulbs are a good example of this. People just think they are getting a bargain, and legit safe brands are 'ripping them off'. sigh.
I get more noise on HF from LEDS in my hood than I ever got from fluorescents, some LEDS are not meant for public consumption .
Yes I have a couple of CCRS , if they get killed no great loss ,but some of them are truly garbage .
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back