Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Why are they called Depend when you can't depend on them?

I wear pull ups to work and sometimes when money is a little tight. Usually, I wear the Target brand (Up and Up) which are actually pretty good. They can take a good wetting.

I was running out so I went to Target and they were out so I ended up buying Depends. Not even half as good and more expensive!

This is going to date me, but... Because 30 years ago they really were dependable. Back then, depends brand was pretty thick, and could easily hold two full floodings without leaking. Their three tapes, and elastic waistbands, were pretty advanced too.

Over the decades though, they had slowly cut back on dependability in the name of profits. Their thinness now is an absolute joke compared to how they once were. You're right, they are NOT dependable now. And sadly, the vast majority of baby boomers have been fooled into thinking they are great and discrete so that's what were stuck with in stores.

In 2004 when I had a prostatectomy I bought Depends because I did not know any better. Once I went back to work I had some leakage problems plus the caused thigh rashes. Wish I knew about this site and all the online diapers that are available.

rocketman said:
Why are they called Depend when you can't depend on them?

I wear pull ups to work and sometimes when money is a little tight. Usually, I wear the Target brand (Up and Up) which are actually pretty good. They can take a good wetting.

I was running out so I went to Target and they were out so I ended up buying Depends. Not even half as good and more expensive!

In my opinion, pull-ups are all pretty much worthless compared to a real diaper. Try getting an actual diaper instead.

Slomo said:
This is going to date me, but... Because 30 years ago they really were dependable. Back then, depends brand was pretty thick, and could easily hold two full floodings without leaking. Their three tapes, and elastic waistbands, were pretty advanced too.

Over the decades though, they had slowly cut back on dependability in the name of profits. Their thinness now is an absolute joke compared to how they once were. You're right, they are NOT dependable now. And sadly, the vast majority of baby boomers have been fooled into thinking they are great and discrete so that's what were stuck with in stores.
SPOT ON! Now you can depend on them to fail! They used to be a excellent adult diaper. To me they were the best fitting and most comfortable adult diaper out there at the time. Kimberly Clark made a epic mistake! Guess the Wisconsin company is satisfied with mediocrity and offering a terrible product! It saddens me that they have taken the lower road and went off the cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back