New Tena slip ultima Active fit (PE backed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruud26

Contributor
Tena have recently made available in the UK the active fit slip in the ultima absorbency level.

This was actually perfect timing for me as I needed something to take use for an overseas trip.

I have been extremely impressed, having worn them for daytime, during a long haul flight and overnight. In all circumstances they have been really great and given me absolute confidence that I won't leak on my clothes, a chair or the bed. I think I can honestly say it's the first time I have had such complete confidences in a product that I almost can forget all about it and just get on with things.

Perhaps against the grain I have always seemed to prefer the PE backed products. They just hold their shape so much better and stay snug to my body even when wet and so I think that has a lot to do with how good they are at preventing leaks. Also with breathable products even when they don't leak I am always self conscious about any odour as I think they let much more of the urine smell out. I am constantly paranoid about that.

So really pleased that Tena have brought the product out and would recommend them to anyone.

If you have any questions I don't mind trying to answer

Thank you for letting us know. I like the Tena Slip Maxi active fit. I hate the clothe Tenas btw so am pleased they have brought the plastic version out. Where did you purchase your Ultima from?

Incontinenceshop.com

I was thinking of getting a pack of them too, I think the Maxi is ok. Just wondered about the absorbency though. They are listed as holding 1500 ml I'm sure the cloth type held well over 3000ml.

Tonyh said:
I was thinking of getting a pack of them too, I think the Maxi is ok. Just wondered about the absorbency though. They are listed as holding 1500 ml I'm sure the cloth type held well over 3000ml.

Not even close. Those ratings are based on lab testing while sitting open and slowly filled with water till they leak over. Real world conditions don't work like that though. Whatever their rated capacity is, cut that in half.

750ml is good for one full bladders worth of wetting, or maybe two moderate wettings. There is better out there, and they cost less on a per day basis.

Slomo said:
Not even close. Those ratings are based on lab testing while sitting open and slowly filled with water till they leak over. Real world conditions don't work like that though. Whatever their rated capacity is, cut that in half.

750ml is good for one full bladders worth of wetting, or maybe two moderate wettings. There is better out there, and they cost less on a per day basis.

lol I know about lab tests and ratings. I was trying to point out that the old Ultima was like double the capacity. But thanks anyway.

Just got a pack of these to try to see if they had improved but they are still really poor. They seem to still have the pinhole problem where they leak through the plastic backing which makes them pretty useless and not fit for purpose. Anyone else find this problem or is it just me🤔🤔

sveve91 said:
Just got a pack of these to try to see if they had improved but they are still really poor. They seem to still have the pinhole problem where they leak through the plastic backing which makes them pretty useless and not fit for purpose. Anyone else find this problem or is it just me🤔🤔

It's the manufacturers trying to get away with thinner and thinner plastic. The sap crystals end up poking through during the compressing/bagging process, which when they get wet will leak through those pinholes.

Complain to them about it. It's the only way to get them to go back.

None of mine have leaked through the backing at all.

I'm getting some ultima active fit on Friday. I really like the maxis, they are a good nappy if your not a flooder. I'm a dribbler and they last ages, feel dry when wet and fit really well while being discreet, a good all round day nappy. Also out of 40 nappies never had any leakage out the plastic.

Really hope someone imports these to the US!!!

Wore my first one last night no leaks and fitted well tapes are good compared to the poor betterdry ones

The Tena Slip ultima active fit are amazing. I will definitely be purchasing them again when I run out. When wet they really budge out at the front.

bobbilly said:
The Tena Slip ultima active fit are amazing. I will definitely be purchasing them again when I run out. When wet they really budge out at the front.
Yep they do ��And they're a good fit also no leaks plus the bulk pack price on NRU make them cheap compared to others

sveve91 said:
Just got a pack of these to try to see if they had improved but they are still really poor. They seem to still have the pinhole problem where they leak through the plastic backing which makes them pretty useless and not fit for purpose. Anyone else find this problem or is it just me����

Me! I've just had a box delivered well a few hours ago and I'm seeing the same problem with the pin holes. Hope they sort this out, The fit is great. Only tried one and it was from the end of the pack, I hope the rest are not going to have the same problem. Been looking forward to trying these. Bit of a let down so far.

I've notice it too. Not on all the Tena's but one or two have been noticeable wetter on the front when touching.

I must admit getting through the pack they seem to be getting better, or is it just my jeans soaking the spill. :)

Seems like its just the ones at the ends of the pack that have the problem, I'll keep you all informed as I get through them.

I'm halfway through my second case of Active Fit and have never had any sort of leaking through the diaper. I do tend to 'flood' mine from time to time, and they will leak at the back legs if they're really full. For the price, I think Tena is a good choice.

A bit of a rookie question.....is this the same as tena slip active fit ultima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back