Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nervous

Default Nervous

Today my parents are out of town, so I was planning on buying diapers, pacifiers, and possibly a bottle today. But I'm really nervous, but I have no idea why. I could use some help to get me to go through with it.

It's no big deal, really.

What is it that you're nervous about? If it's the cashier, they don't care. If it's meeting someone you know, take a quick look around first and then get a bag to carry the stuff in after you checkout.

Avoid buying extraneous stuff to give you an excuse for the stuff you're carrying. It's just a waste of your money.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    It's no big deal, really.
    It is for me. It's the first time I have bought actual diapers.

What is it that you're nervous about? If it's the cashier, they don't care. If it's meeting someone you know, take a quick look around first and then get a bag to carry the stuff in after you checkout.
    I have no idea why I'm so nervous. I know everything will be fine, but it doesn't help.

Avoid buying extraneous stuff to give you an excuse for the stuff you're carrying. It's just a waste of your money.
    I don't consider pacifiers/bottles a waste of money. Yes, it does look more suspicious, but I really want a pcifier and bottle.

I don't consider pacifiers/bottles a waste of money. Yes, it does look more suspicious, but I really want a pcifier and bottle.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that the bottles and pacifier are extraneous (meaning not related to your real intentions). I meant don't buy something like an "Over the Hill" card (as someone else has mentioned) so you can give "it's a practical joke" as an excuse for buying the stuff.

Sorry, I didn't mean that the bottles and pacifier are extraneous (meaning not related to your real intentions). I meant don't buy something like an "Over the Hill" card (as someone else has mentioned) so you can give "it's a practical joke" as an excuse for buying the stuff.
    It's ok. I wasn't planning on buying an "Over the Hill" card or anything like that.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    The point is that he's telling your right now that you have no reason to worry about it. If it helps, my first time went wonderfully, without a hitch. And it was a spur of the moment thing, no planning at all.

I have no idea why I'm so nervous. I know everything will be fine, but it doesn't help.
    Then simply try to control your nervousness to the point that it doesn't interfere. There's nothing wrong with being a bit nervous.

Look carefully at the word. It has the word "extra" inside of it. See it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    The point is that he's telling your right now that you have no reason to worry about it. If it helps, my first time went wonderfully, without a hitch. And it was a spur of the moment thing, no planning at all.
    I know I don't have anything to worry about. But I have this really weird, bad feeling I can't shake off, and it's making me feel like I should be worried.

Then simply try to control your nervousness to the point that it doesn't interfere. There's nothing wrong with being a bit nervous.
    I can't. I've been trying all day and It's still there.

Look carefully at the word. It has the word "extra" inside of it. See it now?
    I thought he considered a picifier and bottle to be "extra".

You'll be just fine then. It's OK to be nervous because, even though you've heard everyone say you'll be OK, you've never experienced how easy it is for yourself.

Just go through the store and find everything by sight. Once you have everything picked out, collect them, and check out. Then, enjoy your weekend.

What kind of diapers were you planning on getting?

Baby Dry Size 6. From what I've heard, they will fit me perfectly.

One other thing...

If you're home alone all weekend, you'll probably be bingeing. Do not throw away any diapers if you get tired of them. The desire to wear them again will come back later.