Penis up, where have you been all my (diapered) life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriksrud

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always took the advice of the diaper packages, and pointed my penis down into the diaper. I was just browsing Understanding Infantilism and he recommended up for day wearing and down at night.

I normally start leaking before my diaper is wet from front to back. Not this time. I was shocked when I took off the Abena L4 and it was totally soaked back to front.

I have a new best diaper practice!

I always point down because pee wicks to the back and you get more out the nappy.

That wasn't my experience . . . but it could have been a fluke.

how well up works during the day depends on how close you get to the top of the padding in the front and how the padding fits in the front. As long as there's good drainage to the middle, it'll probably be okay. Any higher-sap diaper will have problems wickup upward from the crotch regardless of how urine gets there though, so how well the back soaks up depends on the diaper.

When laying on your back or when sitting down however, down is pretty much required if you want to get good capacity and avoid leaks.

I mainly point up because I find it far more comfortable. It's how I point when wearing underwear, too. With regard to diaper performance, I've had a few "oops, missed the diaper" accidents as a result of pointing up, but they've been few and far between, and only with disposables. I've never had a problem pointing up when wearing cloth (pin-on) diapers with plastic pants.

How could pointing up get the back soaked?
Also how high should the diaper/padding be?

I find Attends slip and Molicare Slip has the best pulp for wicking wetness around the nappy instead of just wicking around where you pee leaving the back dry. That's why I don't like AB nappies because they don't wick.

This isn't really something I've ever considered. Due to my specific deformities I can only ever go "forward" so to speak. Pointing isn't really an option, >__>

pointing down or strait works for me

Down isn't really even an option for me, due to my size.

Pointing up is only ever a problem when there isn't enough padding in the front or the diaper, and it doesn't extend up to the waist like it's supposed to.

With a properly sized and adequately padded diaper, wicking is not a problem regardless of pointing up or down.

I'm not sure there are diaper packages that specifically address this issue, but a lot of baby books (especially more recent ones) certainly do. Whether I'm changing myself or someone's changing me, I usually wind up pointing 'up.' I don't think I've ever over-sprayed the front of the diaper.

I can't imagine pointing 'down' would be particularly comfortable, but I'll certainly try it. If, as Bobbilly notes, you really can get more 'use' out of the diaper, the discomfort might be worthwhile.

I’d never even heard of pointing down till I switched from cloth to disposables at night. Despite months of sleeping in the down position it still doesn’t feel right to me. And there have been nights where I started down only to wake leaking in the up position.

In my opinion, being told to point down by a manufacturer is the same as them saying we need to make a compensation so they can make an inferior product. There are better diapers out there, so no I will not.

For me I point up for my first wetting and down for the rest, so it gets a good overall soak

CookieMonstah said:
For me I point up for my first wetting and down for the rest, so it gets a good overall soak

But isn't that uncomfortable (or even hurt) pointing down and getting even a slight size increase? (Not even a full erection, just the normal size changes we get throughout the day)

Slomo said:
But isn't that uncomfortable (or even hurt) pointing down and getting even a slight size increase? (Not even a full erection, just the normal size changes we get throughout the day)

No doesn't hurt at all

CookieMonstah said:
No doesn't hurt at all

Huh, to me it's like trying to bend your arm backwards and behind your back. The more solid I am down there, the more it's like you'd be wrenching on to bend the arm back. It needs to be straight and up like it naturally would be, not bent backwards and down.

Slomo said:
Huh, to me it's like trying to bend your arm backwards and behind your back. The more solid I am down there, the more it's like you'd be wrenching on to bend the arm back. It needs to be straight and up like it naturally would be, not bent backwards and down.

I get what you mean but it happens all the time even when in underwear so I'm used to it. I agree it is more comfortable pointing up.

Wish I had this problem.. Due to atrophy I rarely can get at full attention. most of the time think of a scared turtle in your mind. The love of my life is very understanding.

As a child night diapered past the normal age, I don’t recall mom positioning me down before pinning the cloth in place. To the contrary, I’m convinced I was always up. Similarly, back in the day I don’t remember hearing about or seeing anyone pointing their little boy down during diapering (cloth). Conclusion, pointing down came into practice with the arrival of disposable diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back