Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalT

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Ive been looking to buying a bottle and ive noticed some adult baby stuff are labeled Fast flow and some are Slow flow.

So im wondering how much of a difference there is, and can I find a fast flow bottle for actual babies or toddlers? Which do you prefer and are the pros and cons? (I plan on drinking instant breakfast and water)

I use regular baby bottles with fast-flow nipples, you can find them in slow, medium, and fast. When I got my first bottle it came with a slow-flow nipple, but it was just too tedious to be enjoyable. Switched it with fast-flow and haven't looked back!

Kimba is right ... slow-flow nipples are very tedious indeed.

Unless you're trying to give your jaw muscles a good workout, I'd recommend medium or fast nipples instead.

I agree with the others. Fast flow or x-cut are the best if you actually want to get a substantial adult sized drink out of these baby bottles. Especially for something like instant breakfast.

My favorite and absolute recommendation if you can find them are the Evenflo Zoo Friends X-cut anatomical nipples. ($2.50 for 4 at HEB I believe) The strange shape just feels much better than the standard one in my opinion and is fast enough to actually get a good drink.

Overall the faster the better, but sometimes you might have the urge to use a slower flow nipple for the sensation.
Usually baby bottles come with either a slow or medium flow nipple so you'll probably have to buy a separate replacement nipple pack for the faster flow ones. They're usually pretty cheap for a couple of them and can be fit on to most standard bottles if you're worried about compatibility.

Never tried adult baby bottles so can't give a recommendation there however.

I'm currently using a baby bottle with a medium-flow nipple. I had to poke the nipple with a knife to make it flow even faster.

Fast-flow is vastly superior in every way. The ones I use are Nuk brand.

I like the Nuk Air Flow wide neck bottles with fast flow nipples. There is a different Nuk which I think is labled as naturals, but the fast flow just has more holes, nipple size stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back