Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJ123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I recently posted an update on my blog about how my conversation with my parents went. It is titled "Talking With My Folks", and can be found in the "Blogs" section of ADISC.

For those having trouble finding it, I will also post it here:

"As some of you know, I posted on the forum a couple days ago that I was planning on talking with my folks about me wearing diapers and being little. My parents are super understanding, and have told me multiple times that I should never hesitate to talk with them If I want to do so. I was originally very nervous about doing this, but I said a prayer and put my nervousness aside.

The other evening after dinner, I sat down with my parents in my room and shared with them. I had with me a Super Mario backpack filled with diapers, crayons, coloring books, toys, stuffed animals, and a sippy-cup. As I explained my interests, I would bring each item out for them to see. They listened thoughtfully and intently - making light-hearted comments at appropriate times.

What I noticed upon showing them my little things is that there was a common ground to be found between those with no interest in anything ABDL, and ABDLs. My parents and I agreed that the kids coloring books were more fun than the "adult ones". We agreed that sippy-cups are quite funcional, and stuffed animals are cute and cuddly no matter what age you are. There was a blissful section of our time spent laughing and talking about little things.

I explained to them that wearing diapers and being little is something that makes me happy and brings me joy. I told them that I wanted them to know because I trust them, and didn't want anything to come in between our relationship. I told them that I didn't want to have to hide my little side around them because I felt they deserved to know the real me.

They agreed, and thanked me for sharing with them. They assured me that nothing would change between us, and restated that I was welcome to talk to them anytime about anything - they would always be there for me. I thanked them for understanding, and things took a sweet emotional turn - ending in tears of happiness and hugs.

While my parents may not entirely relate to my interests and desires. They understand that being little is apart of who I am, and how God made me. Sleeping that night was the best I've felt in years - simply because I found understanding and acceptance after putting aside my nervousness and becoming vulnerable with the people I care about."

What do you think? Have any of you had good experiences talking about ABDL topics with your parents? Any thoughts, comments, questions?

That's so nice but I don't think I could risk telling mine in case I found myself homeless so I'm keeping that part a secret.

You're fortunate that you have such understanding parents. I'm glad this has worked out well for you. Unfortunately, not all parents are as accepting as yours. I wish they all were.

I'm very glad your parents and so understanding.

I never told my parents and I don't intend to tell my mother (my dad died several years ago).

My mom may have been understanding but I don't think my dad would have been. Would they have dis-owned me? Probably not but life at home would forever be changed and not in a good way.

Remember too, that I was a teen in the late 60's, early 70's, way before the internet and the more 'enlightened' psychologists of today.

I'm really glad to hear that went well. Also, big thanks for reporting back to us about how it went. I often give advice and then never find out from the person if their problem was resolved, and while they're under no obligation to come hang out at ADISC if they don't need support, it's really rewarding to hear about someone asking for help, using it, and then coming back to share their experience with us.

The only bad experiences I've had explaining abdl is when I didn't explain everything fully. When I take the time, and make sure they actually understand (even if they don't approve), then it always goes much better.

Leaving it as an I have a diaper fetish, or I just like/need to wear diapers, is a recipe for disaster.

LittleJ123 said:
I recently posted an update on my blog about how my conversation with my parents went. It is titled "Talking With My Folks", and can be found in the "Blogs" section of ADISC.

For those having trouble finding it, I will also post it here:

"As some of you know, I posted on the forum a couple days ago that I was planning on talking with my folks about me wearing diapers and being little. My parents are super understanding, and have told me multiple times that I should never hesitate to talk with them If I want to do so. I was originally very nervous about doing this, but I said a prayer and put my nervousness aside.

The other evening after dinner, I sat down with my parents in my room and shared with them. I had with me a Super Mario backpack filled with diapers, crayons, coloring books, toys, stuffed animals, and a sippy-cup. As I explained my interests, I would bring each item out for them to see. They listened thoughtfully and intently - making light-hearted comments at appropriate times.

What I noticed upon showing them my little things is that there was a common ground to be found between those with no interest in anything ABDL, and ABDLs. My parents and I agreed that the kids coloring books were more fun than the "adult ones". We agreed that sippy-cups are quite funcional, and stuffed animals are cute and cuddly no matter what age you are. There was a blissful section of our time spent laughing and talking about little things.

I explained to them that wearing diapers and being little is something that makes me happy and brings me joy. I told them that I wanted them to know because I trust them, and didn't want anything to come in between our relationship. I told them that I didn't want to have to hide my little side around them because I felt they deserved to know the real me.

They agreed, and thanked me for sharing with them. They assured me that nothing would change between us, and restated that I was welcome to talk to them anytime about anything - they would always be there for me. I thanked them for understanding, and things took a sweet emotional turn - ending in tears of happiness and hugs.

While my parents may not entirely relate to my interests and desires. They understand that being little is apart of who I am, and how God made me. Sleeping that night was the best I've felt in years - simply because I found understanding and acceptance after putting aside my nervousness and becoming vulnerable with the people I care about."

What do you think? Have any of you had good experiences talking about ABDL topics with your parents? Any thoughts, comments, questions?

Hi LittleJ123! We haven't met, I'm Henry, nice to meet you. As you, I've had a good experience talking with it with my family, specially my sister and my parents. It took some time, but they have accepted me fully as an ABDL. They don't mind if I wear diapers around the house or baby stuff, which is, as you mentioned, very comforting because you know that you're loved and accepted. I'm very happy it went well with you. And I'm very happy you have such understanding parents!

Hi.

You have very cool perents. And you are very lucky that they won't to know you.

I think I might of said this on your original thread regarding this.

Being vulnerable like this is not to be taken lightly. Why psychologists called it being truly naked. You are showing who you are to someone,

Not everyone would react the way your perents did.

When my Little bro come out to his mother. She did not like it and told him to keep it to his room.

As time has gone by he wears around the house.

But his mother will remind him that he not 3 any more. And he is really out of it when he is in
Little Space.

Ok he is as he find forming words hard to do when he is in that mind set.

It just makes me want to be his caregiver even more.

Bur I am pleased that it has worked out for you.

If anyone is thinking of coming out, think why you are doing this?

Is you comming out going to cause relationship difficulties?

And what is it that you are hoping to achieve I coming out as ABDL.

All the best.

Siysiy

I will never tell any of my family. They are too judgmental and gossipy. It would not go well.

I'm glad it went well, but I can't see why they need to know. How you get your jollies has nothing to do with them.

My girlfriend and her adult daughter are a little too open, IMO. Her daughter, who is a tenant in my house, now knows that I wear diapers. She's alright about it, but I still feel a little skittish about that.

LittleJ123 said:

Wow.. you are lucky :p
For me I told my mom several times growing up and she blew it off.

I told my dad when i was 17 after getting caught buying feel n learn or cool alert training pants. His reaction was oh.. well what ever just going to ignore this.

a year or two ago my mom found my drawer of pacifiers after going thru my room while I was working because she knew I was hiding something. (as when ever she would go to my room I'd follow her and wouldn't let her stay in my room alone when I was home). anyway after she found them a few days later she called me neurotic and said I needed to stop.

A few months later I told both my mom and dad while we were in car. At that time they were both like. well your weird, don't let anyone else know you do this. and try to stop. but my dad just said he didn't care, and it didn't effect how he sees me.

My mom tho I continued to talk to off and on every few months even to current times about it because she is much more against it. At the beginning she said she would of rather me do drugs, but now I've gotten her slightly more ok with it. She still fears if anyone else found out in my area or church what their reaction would be. And fears this could ruin my life.

Note my end goal was simply to calm down my moms first reaction and to be able to not have to hide things in my room, and if I was lucky be able to ship things in discrete packaging to Post Office(we don't have home mail box). I half succeeded half failed thus far, but have gotten things mostly stabilized. She is no longer going thru my room at least :p

;But your reaction is good to read about, I wish you continued good reactions.

LilByte said:
Wow.. you are lucky :p
For me I told my mom several times growing up and she blew it off.

I told my dad when i was 17 after getting caught buying feel n learn or cool alert training pants. His reaction was oh.. well what ever just going to ignore this.

a year or two ago my mom found my drawer of pacifiers after going thru my room while I was working because she knew I was hiding something. (as when ever she would go to my room I'd follow her and wouldn't let her stay in my room alone when I was home). anyway after she found them a few days later she called me neurotic and said I needed to stop.

A few months later I told both my mom and dad while we were in car. At that time they were both like. well your weird, don't let anyone else know you do this. and try to stop. but my dad just said he didn't care, and it didn't effect how he sees me.

My mom tho I continued to talk to off and on every few months even to current times about it because she is much more against it. At the beginning she said she would of rather me do drugs, but now I've gotten her slightly more ok with it. She still fears if anyone else found out in my area or church what their reaction would be. And fears this could ruin my life.

Note my end goal was simply to calm down my moms first reaction and to be able to not have to hide things in my room, and if I was lucky be able to ship things in discrete packaging to Post Office(we don't have home mail box). I half succeeded half failed thus far, but have gotten things mostly stabilized. She is no longer going thru my room at least :p

;But your reaction is good to read about, I wish you continued good reactions.

Exactly! And as you found. Trying to hide it, not explaining it fully, or leaving partial explanations never goes well. Only when we take the lead and fully explain what abdl is, do we start to get neutral or positive outcomes.

LilByte said:
At the beginning she said she would of rather me do drugs, but now I've gotten her slightly more ok with it.

''Son, I'd rather you potentially kill yourself with drugs than wear diapers.''

Your mom has a twisted sense of logic...

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
''Son, I'd rather you potentially kill yourself with drugs than wear diapers.''

Your mom has a twisted sense of logic...

Probably 90% of the people in my area who are from my generation where pot heads growing up. and came thru the other side fine. so it's not looked at as that bad.

Also it was more a rage comment for her.

wow wished i had parents that understanding, you're so lucky and fortunate. i for one cannot risk telling my parents.

It's good that your parents were okay with you being a Little. I'm mentally younger so my mom knows I like toys, coloring books, stickers, and stuff. But she usually tries to get me into older stuff and doesn't buy me little kid stuff even if I want it.

When I was young I always wanted my mother to put me back in diapers. It never happened. When I was married I introduced diapers into our relationship. It was OK to a point but I took it too far and destroyed our relationship. I wish I could find someone to change me. Mostly I feel if someone would change, I could really open up about all the feelings I have kept hidden all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back