Status
Not open for further replies.

BusterBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've just had my first experience buying padding yesterday: I found a physical store that sold ABU Space diapers, and I was over the moon! A mate of mine gave me a couple of ABU's to try (one lavender one barebums. They were too big) and I loved them so I wanted to order some of the space ones because that was my favourite design. I had more than one problem there: mail would come around the two o'clock mark, both y sister and my mum's boyfriend were in and they would demand to know what I ordered, the diapers themselves were expensive af (if you can find a brick and mortar store that sells ABU, go to it! they'll be much cheaper than they are online!) and if it wasn't the diapers which were expensive, it was the shipping and that would jack my price up to £25-£30!
So I did the sensible thing, walked an hour away to get them physically. I'm lucky to be a relatively fit 18-year-old, so no real problem there. I told my family I was going on a long walk and they would be gone before I was back then set off. would be
The route I took cut through into some very shady places and honestly, I was afraid of getting mugged, but once I was out of them the area was quite nice, and the walk was on a relatively straight path so no way of getting lost, music was a gr great company and I wouldn't have been able to do the walk without it.

The place where the shop was (Think Rearz showroom, but no ABDL prints) was in a warehouse unit and there was a massive sign with the shop's name on it, it was like the north star on a cold, clear sky, a beacon of hope.
I rushed through the units to the shop and tried to find the actual physical shop (it took a while, but I found it, it was the door that looked like I SHOULDN'T open it!)
I looked around for a bit, rather nervously, I knew what I wanted to ask for but I was way too shy. Eventually, someone came to the cash register and an elderly man walked in, picked up what he wanted, paid for it and walked out; this gave me confidence.
I think the cashier knew what I was looking for, as he prompted me to ask with an "Are you looking for anything in particular?"
I nodded and replied something along the lines of "Yeah, do you sell ABU's?"
He smiled and asked "what size and style are you looking for", I was confident and on the ball now.
"Medium and Space please."
He looked them up on the computer and then checked in the back, they had them. He asked if I'd like to buy them and of course, I said yes.
He went back into the stockroom and picked them up along with an opaque bag and a catalog filled with padding(free of charge!) I paid and left for the hour walk back.

That's my first time buying diapers story, what's yours? I'd like to know how other people did it so post your story below! :)

Thanks for sharing your story. I bought a mixture of online and now since I have IC in store as well, even when my family is with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cool! Thanks for sharing your story, how lucky to find some space diapers in store! Enjoy them :)

Where abouts in England was this? I'm up north and would love it if there was somewhere I could go to pick up diapers, I just ordered another lot of ABU from NappiesRUs.

so far I've only wear baby diapers so most people probably assume I'm a mom otherwise if I want diapers that fit im not sure if I could keep a straight face.
it's similar to when i buy toys they sometimes ask about my children, how old are they, how many, what's their names.

I only ware baby diapers I don't have much shame in it anymore now. my 1st time I went to the supermarket picked them und put them in the bottom of my basket and took them to the self check out. they didn't scan through and I had to call a member of staff over to make it work. she just smiled at me and said pampers can sometimes have trouble scanning through. she put them through and just walked off. (I think she knew they were for me but didn't care).

- - - Updated - - -

catsarecute said:
so far I've only wear baby diapers so most people probably assume I'm a mom otherwise if I want diapers that fit im not sure if I could keep a straight face.
it's similar to when i buy toys they sometimes ask about my children, how old are they, how many, what's their names.

I had one nosey check out person I just told it to her straight. once I had paid for them I said that that me and my girlfriend like to experiment with ABDL play and walked off. I was having one of those days where I just didn't give a damn (girlfriend was made up lol but made it sound less strange)

CookieMonstah, it's in the Greater Machester area, the shop is called The Incontinence Shop, and it's NappiesRUs' main shop and depo

BusterBunny said:
CookieMonstah, it's in the Greater Machester area, the shop is called The Incontinence Shop, and it's NappiesRUs' main shop and depo

I thought it was! I've ordered from them and today when I was checking my tracking number before it was even shipped out it said it was in Manchester

My first time was buying baby diapers in a super market when I was...maybe 14? I remember being so nervous! Walking to the market all I could think of Was what if I get caught!

That nervous feeling and excitement...haha now I known better! No one really cares! Also I live alone and only buy online, but I understand the pain of shipping, living on a small tropical island in the middle of the pacific...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CookieMonstah said:
I thought it was! I've ordered from them and today when I was checking my tracking number before it was even shipped out it said it was in Manchester

I'm lucky I only live an hour away by foot! I can just go, get them (for far cheaper than they sell them online may I add! £16.95 rather than £19.95 and no shipping!) and get back with no worry of the family opening the door for a delivery and asking "what's in the box?", I mean I do need a wagon or something if I was gonna buy a full case, and I'd have to make sure 100% that they weren't in! Because that would be embarrassing....

I also recently went to one of their stores to buy my first diapers. I was sat outside in the car willing myself to walk in I was so nervous.

For all the working up I did to go to the store, the actual transaction was perfectly normal and not embarrassing in the slightest, even if I was buying ABU BareBums. Will definitely be going back next time, although I may up the ante a little bit by also trying to by plastic pants at the same time :)

I kinda want to get one of their onesies ("diaper suits") next time I go at the same time I pick up some more ABU Space's, and yeah, they just treat it like an ordinary thing, even when asking ABDL padding!

Wow. A brick and mortar adult diaper store sounds like a fantasy for where I live. Thank,god for online shopping and discrete shipping.

Hi BusterBunny, I mostly wear Bambino, North Shore and Carousel Diapers. I am a pretty petite female and if I ever ran out of them which I highly doubt would happen because my Mommy must have stock in them. :laugh: I could easily fit in toddler diapers from any store.

Onsies are great. I love wearing them while playing in the house and they are very comfy and easy access for changes for Mommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back