Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I just got my shipment in from Byram Healthcare, one of the two suppliers that my secondary insurance uses for diapers. I have 11 bags of the cheap, medical diapers that are pretty much for my daytime wear, a couple of boxes of Nitrile gloves and two washable bed pads--I apparently can get two of the pads every 90 days.

My question is what would be the best way to wash the pads in order to get as much life out of these as possible? I wouldn't mind if they could last to the point where I can have a fresh one each night of the week--replacing as needed. It's made by Hartmann, appears to have a sturdy plastic backing and the top is polyester. It feels somewhat heavy and measues 34x36 inches.

Did they come in a package? Is there washing instructions? If not, I would thing a cold water wash would work. Washing machine or in a sink/tub. Drying might be hang dry as you say it has a plastic backing.

There were two in a giant zip-lock bag. i wouldn't be surprised if they pads shipped in a larger package and it was broken up for customers. I don't see any washing instructions. I like your idea and perhaps I should see if i can find the company online as well.

I'd say treat them like all in one diapers. You can probably machine wash them, but don't machine dry them. Hang them to dry out instead.

wash them in hot water like you do with whites and add vinegar i have bed pads that are over 10 years old still we typically wash all our bed pads at once if they are stained we use some oxi-clean and little bleach

Cool. Will apple cider vinegar work fine? I need to get some for our birds anyway.

that should be fine the vinegar is for killing the urine smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back