Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows about your Incontinence/Diapers

Well everyone in my life pretty much knows , and if someone asks i tell them , my friends all over the country have caches for me (case of diapers, gloves ,catheters , a couple of bed pads, bath in a bag ,waterless Shampoo, wipes,"magic bullets" supositories ,a supply of fentanyl and oxcycodone) so if something happens or I get a wild hair to travel,my basic needs are covered, I have a prepared roll bag that's always packed I can just toss on the back of my chair and I am gone , i have been IC 20+ years and nothing really to be shy about , i don't announce it to the world ,my UPS guy , Mailman , and garbage man know , my diapers gloves and catheters get drop shipped to me , my narcotics come by registered mail( sometimes the government doesn't have a problem with the post office delivering drugd,i get sent catalogs of diapers products all the time, and everything ends up in the garbage eventually ,i have never met a garbage guy who didnt know the squishy weight of used diapers, you would be surprized what you mailman and garbage man know about you , your age ,your lifestyle, your general health , where and if you work ,what your hobbies are . Anyway I don't advertise but have no problem talking about if someone asks me .

Back in the "glory days" of being able to get a halfway decent diaper at the store , I would go to get some and people would be tripping over themselves to help me find "my brand/ size" etc ,I am in a power wheelchair so people assume (correctly in this case) that I use diapers and are fine with that and will go out of there way to help you find what you need or even get it home.

Strangely enough despite all the ugliness people have about diapers and needing/using them for themselves(shame, embarrasment, disgust, guilt etc..), if they FEEL you need them , they will compete to be helpfull to insure you're squared away and have everything you need.

There a no reason to fear changing , your in the bathroom doing the same thing they are just in a slightly different way.
    Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Ever since my problems got really bad ive kept things lowkey.Only close family knows about my incontinence.My wifes family doesnt know though and plan to keep it that way..unless she told them without me knowing..At work nobody knows either but a hand full of people know about my MS so if anyone ever notices my incontinence,hopefully they wont make a big deal about it.At work I actually do the same thing you do..I go somewhere else to change.When I do change and someone just happens to come in the bathroom while I do so, i'll just wait until they leave.It does get annoying but I would rather keep it private from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    There a no reason to fear changing , your in the bathroom doing the same thing they are just in a slightly different way.
    That's kind of the perfect way to put it. :-)

Only the closest people to me. I don't try to exactly reveal that I wear diapers, but as of recently I don't exactly hide it as well. It's the state of mind that I had to develop to be honest, the attitude to not care about other people judging. I used to be like that in the past, I was scared to tell anyone about it but I overcame it and it made me feel so much better once I told two of my closest friend. One said that I'm a weirdo, but he didn't let it impact our relations - because to be honest, what does he care about it? He may think it's weird, but after all it's my thing. I don't judge him for spending 6 hours per day playing video games at his age, do I? Another one was even quite eager to try some diaper wetting himself, gotta ask him if he actually came through

My parents know, and my mom occasionally gives me grief about it. She says it is weird for me to have a lock on my closet, and that I need to grow up and leave those things behind. My sister knew I like to wear diapers in when I was in school, but I don't think she knows I still use them.

My parents and my roommates, and one close friend.

My parents sort of know because when I was 12 I started bedwetting in the act of defiance to my parents and my doctor said it was me reacting to my body changes and it was a phase so I wore pullups at night during my Middle School Years. I don't think they know now as I don't really keep in much contact with them anyway. The women I live with who is my Mommy her parents know as we have gone over to there home for day visits for dinner and holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter and they have been to her home for dinner while I have been a baby and they are perfectly fine with both there daughters and my choices. Of course the other person I know is my Mommy and the women that I live with and takes care of me.
    Last edited by PrincessTori; 6 Days Ago at 10:59.

Other than various medical professionals, my fiancee and her sister, my 15 y/o stepdaughter, and a few close friends I told out of necessity. My incontinence was caused by a back injury so it's not like people don't understand, but I also don't go around advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTori View Post
    My parents sort of know because when I was 12 I started bedwetting in the act of defiance to my parents and my doctor said it was me reacting to my body changes and it was a phase so I wore pullups at night during my Middle School Years. I don't think they know now as I don't really keep in much contact with them anyway. The women I live with who is my Mommy her parents know as we have gone over to there home for day visits for dinner and holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter and they have been to her home for dinner while I have been a baby and they are perfectly fine with both there daughters and my choices. Of course the other person I know is my Mommy and the women that I live with and takes care of me.
    But you aren't really IC, are you? From your posts, it seems that, if everything you are saying is true, you're an AB living out an AB's dream. Good for you, though it is a bit hard to believe (outside of fiction) that your Mommy's parents are "perfectly fine" with her keeping a grown woman as a baby. Nonetheless, if perfect scenarios didn't exist every once in a while, I suppose fantasies would have less strength...