• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New DL, seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarFly

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi there:)
I've been browsing sites and forums for a while now but have been hesitant to join any until now because I'm having a hard time accepting this side of me. I've finally reached a point of desperation in terms of needing to talk about it without feeling judged or uncomfortable. I'm just thankful there are other people who clearly share the same interest/desire.

I am recently married but mortified just by the thought of telling my husband about this as relationships and intimacy are already difficult issues for me because of sex abuse during my childhood/teenage years. I'm at a real loss and feeling particularly down on myself. Is anyone else in a similar position with any advice to offer? Regardless, thanks in advance ^_^

DirtyGirl said:
Hi there:)
I've been browsing sites and forums for a while now but have been hesitant to join any until now because I'm having a hard time accepting this side of me. I've finally reached a point of desperation in terms of needing to talk about it without feeling judged or uncomfortable. I'm just thankful there are other people who clearly share the same interest/desire.

I am recently married but mortified just by the thought of telling my husband about this as relationships and intimacy are already difficult issues for me because of sex abuse during my childhood/teenage years. I'm at a real loss and feeling particularly down on myself. Is anyone else in a similar position with any advice to offer? Regardless, thanks in advance ^_^

Welcome DirtyGirl! We're happy you're here! Here in the introduction area, it's always a good place to tell us more about yourself, ie what else do you like beside the whole diaper thing?

For the advice you're looking for, I would post a new thread here as there are many members who give excellent advice, but they don't always see posts like this in the intro area. I don't know why. They just don't.

Anyway, welcome and I'm sure you will get lots of good advice here!

Thank you, Scaramouche! I will be sure to take that avenue as well as check out other threads. I've already stumbled upon some really helpful content and users who are on the same page as I am.

As for what I'm into outside of this world, I like creating stuff. Mainly visual art, but I'll give anything a shot. I'm always looking to expand my comfort zone and try new things. I love hiking and exploring nature, particularly swimming in the ocean. You'll often catch me swimming laps in the pool too.

Most of all, I love to laugh and spend time with family and friends. Looking forward to making some new ones here!

...Out of curiosity, how DO you actually change your name??? Peace!

You can go to the Edit Profile and change your username, or you can request the mods to do it via Request.

--sf

Hi and welcome. Many thanks for sharing a little of your story with us. You've nothing to feel ashamed of whatsoever and you'll find plenty of kind, supportive, people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back