BetterDry diapers need US distributor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honeywell6180 said:
I read on Comfycare's site that they were closed for a couple weeks, up to the end of August. It also states that processing orders may take several days. Can I still trust comfycare.net well enough to where I can send an order, and at least have it shipped by Monday?

It sounds like with bags yes, but cases maybe no. I haven't needed ordering in that last few weeks though, so not fully sure.

- - - Updated - - -

2020porter said:
They definitely have a facility in Baltimore, MD USA... which is where my past orders have shipped from...

https://www.comfycare.net/contact-us

I believe that's just their satellite storehouse here in the US. They still aren't actually based out of the US though.

On difference would mean having a much larger warehouse where they can accept and hold much larger and/or more frequent stock orders from their manufacturer. Local customer service too. It's really just a logistics thing, but ultimately having a local distributor would mean lesser costs for them, and better service for us.

I went ahead and placed an order with Comfycare. I will update when the package is on its way.

Update: Comfycare just sent me a shipping confirmation and tracking number with USPS. I will send another update when the package arrives.

I got a package today, but it was not the case I was expecting. Instead, I got the sample pack of the Crinklz. Apparently, they have not processed the case of Better Drys yet. I will send another update when this takes place. So far, I have good reliability when samples are ordered. The jury is still out on case orders from Comfy Care.

Got another tracking number on Monday, and the large package arrived Wednesday, consisting of 60 Better Dry Mediums. Comfy Care is very quick to ship their items, so they are a legitimate company. Their Web address is: https://www.comfycare.net/ They ship out of Baltimore, Maryland. With that said, both their Crinklz and Better Dry products have good absorbency, but I would not consider them as being the best fit for everybody. Their lower tapes hang too low for my tastes, so the ABUniverse products serve my purposes better. Also, the Bambino Bellissimos have been an old standby for at least the last 3 years, and I hope they continue to be the same way. I find the higher lower tapes to be more comfortable, allowing more freedom of movement without putting excessive pressure on the legs. I also like the taller fit of the Bambino offerings. Hope this is of some help for those who are considering the Better Dry products.

Honeywell6180 said:
Got another tracking number on Monday, and the large package arrived Wednesday, consisting of 60 Better Dry Mediums. Comfy Care is very quick to ship their items, so they are a legitimate company. Their Web address is: https://www.comfycare.net/ They ship out of Baltimore, Maryland. With that said, both their Crinklz and Better Dry products have good absorbency, but I would not consider them as being the best fit for everybody. Their lower tapes hang too low for my tastes, so the ABUniverse products serve my purposes better. Also, the Bambino Bellissimos have been an old standby for at least the last 3 years, and I hope they continue to be the same way. I find the higher lower tapes to be more comfortable, allowing more freedom of movement without putting excessive pressure on the legs. I also like the taller fit of the Bambino offerings. Hope this is of some help for those who are considering the Better Dry products.

As long as you are getting a proper fit, those lower tapes are the only way you'll be able to get a snug fit around the legs. Too high, and you'll get premature leaks. If they are too tight (even when tapped loosely at first), then this is a good indication you are using one size too small.

Remember, diapers are supposed to fit like diapers, not underwear. They are supposed to feel big on you, and they are supposed to extend all the way up to your waist line (near your belly button).

Slomo said:
As long as you are getting a proper fit, those lower tapes are the only way you'll be able to get a snug fit around the legs. Too high, and you'll get premature leaks. If they are too tight (even when tapped loosely at first), then this is a good indication you are using one size too small.

Remember, diapers are supposed to fit like diapers, not underwear. They are supposed to feel big on you, and they are supposed to extend all the way up to your waist line (near your belly button).

They fit better than the Northshore Supremes, but they don't have the long fit that the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's do. The Bellissimos don't strangle my legs and cut off my circulation, but they also have never given me a problem with leakage. None of the ABU products I've tried have either. The Dry 24/7's have also demonstrated excellent fluid retention. Better Dry's are OK, but like the North Shore Supremes, they don't fit as comfortably as the Dry 24/7's. I prefer a longer fit, and a center panel that spans as much of the length of the diaper as possible. ABU, Dry 24/7, and Bambino Bellissimos accommodate those needs reasonably well. They are also priced right.

Honeywell6180 said:
They fit better than the Northshore Supremes, but they don't have the long fit that the Bellissimos and Dry 24/7's do. The Bellissimos don't strangle my legs and cut off my circulation, but they also have never given me a problem with leakage. None of the ABU products I've tried have either. The Dry 24/7's have also demonstrated excellent fluid retention. Better Dry's are OK, but like the North Shore Supremes, they don't fit as comfortably as the Dry 24/7's. I prefer a longer fit, and a center panel that spans as much of the length of the diaper as possible. ABU, Dry 24/7, and Bambino Bellissimos accommodate those needs reasonably well. They are also priced right.

Interesting. I just made the switch from confidry to betterdry as my primary diaper. I found their fit to be very close to the same. Including how hight they rise in the front. It definitely sounds like you're comparing a large confidry to a medium betterdry.

Slomo said:
Interesting. I just made the switch from confidry to betterdry as my primary diaper. I found their fit to be very close to the same. Including how hight they rise in the front. It definitely sounds like you're comparing a large confidry to a medium betterdry.

Both are sized medium. The Dry 24/7's have a longer fit, with a longer center panel.

Honeywell6180 said:
Both are sized medium. The Dry 24/7's have a longer fit, with a longer center panel.

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the mediums but with larges they are bith similarly sized. The betterdry has a slightly smaller length, but it's not a big difference.

If North shore gets the better dry diaper. I will only buy better dry diapers from you guys!!! thanks so much!!!!

I have a strange circumstance re: BetterDrys.

It happens that I fall exactly on the 43" cusp of the M/L cutoff. (And BTW: what's up with that, anyway, BetterDry? Most diaper brands have an overlap, as in M: 30-45 inches; L 42-55 inches. What the heck is your problem that you end your Medium with 43 and start your large with 43? Don't you realize that this leaves anyone with a 43-inch waist in no person's land?)

So, anyway, falling exactly on that cusp, I have been wearing the Ms because, though they fit tight (barely stretching around my thighs) and smaller than generally desired (coming to my navel only in the most generous definition of that phrase—the plastic rather than the padding—and then only until I start moving around), they work fabulously. And the Ls, which I also have tried, are so extremely big on me that they are practically useless. They do what too-large diapers do: they leak because they can't be properly sealed.

So here I am, the best diapers I can currently find within my grasp, and I have to chose between so tight they cut channels into my legs or so huge that if they catch any urine it is a lucky accident.

Oh happy day.

K

kerry have you tried using large but putting the diaper on higher at the back than the front, say 1.5-2 inch rise at the back, then taping it at the top first at this point it will angle down, then attach the lower tapes (as close as you can to the leg elastics), I find this improves things with some larger fit diapers.

I'm a 40" waist and the larges fit me fine. I like a high rise and the distance between the two waist tapes is 4" so they are close together. But i would not expect any issues with a 43" waist.

Surprised you want better dry diapers.

Back when they were comficare they had super thick diapers made with high quality plastic and tapes. Simultaneously they held a tremendous amount.

I ordered a membership from
Rearz earlier this year and some of their new crinklz were in my benefit box.
I was incredibly dissatisfied. Felt like a depends.

My go to now is the Rearz inspire+ incontrol, they are the best bang for your buck if you can find your way around shipping from Canada (just buy a membership if you are gonna place more than 1 order a year) they are actually amazing. The safari and other decorated shells are the same base diaper.

-Walak

Walak said:
Surprised you want better dry diapers.

Back when they were comficare they had super thick diapers made with high quality plastic and tapes. Simultaneously they held a tremendous amount.

I ordered a membership from
Rearz earlier this year and some of their new crinklz were in my benefit box.
I was incredibly dissatisfied. Felt like a depends.

My go to now is the Rearz inspire+ incontrol, they are the best bang for your buck if you can find your way around shipping from Canada (just buy a membership if you are gonna place more than 1 order a year) they are actually amazing. The safari and other decorated shells are the same base diaper.

-Walak
Each person has different experiences, I guess. My experience with Rearz has been disappointing b/c they have most often leaked...despite their thickness and a nice secure tape job. I have several Rearz from a year ago b/c I'm IC and my diapers must work.

I do agree about crinklz: cute as heck but not reliable.

But as for BetteryDry: to me they are sort of like the old Tena Slip Maxi, in that it was a think diaper that held a ton. I still have yet to completely fill the padding of a BetterDry Medium.

ArchtopK said:
I'm a 40" waist and the larges fit me fine. I like a high rise and the distance between the two waist tapes is 4" so they are close together. But i would not expect any issues with a 43" waist.

I don't know what to say. It is what it is.

aleakyboomboom said:
kerry have you tried using large but putting the diaper on higher at the back than the front, say 1.5-2 inch rise at the back, then taping it at the top first at this point it will angle down, then attach the lower tapes (as close as you can to the leg elastics), I find this improves things with some larger fit diapers.

I will try that with my next diaper change. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

"new crinklz were in my benefit box.
I was incredibly dissatisfied. Felt like a depends."
There must be counterfeits out there, because Crinklz is nothing like Depends!

"I do agree about crinklz: cute as heck but not reliable.
But as for BetteryDry: to me they are sort of like the old Tena Slip Maxi, in that it was a thick diaper that held a ton."

Crinklz and BetterDry are the same diaper. The only difference is Crinklz has a print pattern on it.
There were some comments that Crinklz ink surface did not stick as well to the tapes. But other than that, they are the same diaper.

I’m pretty sure that Personal Care in Fort Wayne, IN stocks these. They sent me some in a sample pack.

kerry said:
I have a strange circumstance re: BetterDrys.

It happens that I fall exactly on the 43" cusp of the M/L cutoff. (And BTW: what's up with that, anyway, BetterDry? Most diaper brands have an overlap, as in M: 30-45 inches; L 42-55 inches. What the heck is your problem that you end your Medium with 43 and start your large with 43? Don't you realize that this leaves anyone with a 43-inch waist in no person's land?)

So, anyway, falling exactly on that cusp, I have been wearing the Ms because, though they fit tight (barely stretching around my thighs) and smaller than generally desired (coming to my navel only in the most generous definition of that phrase—the plastic rather than the padding—and then only until I start moving around), they work fabulously. And the Ls, which I also have tried, are so extremely big on me that they are practically useless. They do what too-large diapers do: they leak because they can't be properly sealed.

So here I am, the best diapers I can currently find within my grasp, and I have to chose between so tight they cut channels into my legs or so huge that if they catch any urine it is a lucky accident.

Oh happy day.

K

I'm a 40 inch waist, and very clearly well within in the larges range. At 43 you shouldn't even be considering mediums. They will not fit you properly.

And fyi, tight does not equal fit.

ps. Diapers are supposed to fit like diapers, not like underwear. They are supposed to feel big and thick, and extend up to your waist band (ie your belly button).

I am well aware of these things. I'm not new to this game. All I ever react to is this: does the diaper in question work well or not? In the case of BetterDry, and for me, the Mediums have worked much better than the larges in retaining and storing waste. I have worn a Medium for 6 to as many as 20 hours with no leaks. I cannot say the same about Larges, which have leaked more often than not in the first few hours. In addition, the additional size and weight seems to cause more drooping. Now I did try that suggestion to hike up the diaper in back, and it helped quite a bit (though it was still imperfect), so I'll do that again.

Bottom Line: BD ought to have a line between their Medium and Large sizes like NorthShore has. It would solve a lot of problems. And diaper companies should never end one size and start the next with the same measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back