Funny how parents ask their kids while toilet training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
"Do you want to grow up and still be wearing diapers?", but they never listen to the answer.
People on this list have a rich variety of motivations, some that even they themselves are not fully aware of. But it strikes me that one motivation is to finally be able to choose, from day to day, how you want to answer that question.

It's not the same thing as being little again. It is not unrelated, but it doesn't entail most of the aspects of littleness that, I suspect, are even more important for many -- how many times have you seen someone post that they don't want to waste their diapers by wetting them?

Anyway, I don't know what my motivation is.

I'm glad I didn't grow up needing diapers. I hope I won't ever physically need them. So far, I wouldn't go so far as to say I need them psychologically but they absolutely make things better. Being an adult is about choice and responsibility. Now that I'm grown, I can choose to indulge this urge as long as I can manage it responsibly.

I'd say I need them psychologically. Yesterday I explained it to my wife as an analogy because the previous night, I got stressed out and my Borderline tendencies flared up. Self hatred, urges to self harm, etc. I said that I'm a hire wire walker and my pole is equal parts my medication (cannabis as SSRIs do nothing) and diaper/ ABDL stuff. Most of the time, the two work together beautifully, keeping me balanced. But it's still a day by day wobbly walk on that wire. Any unseen gust of wind could hit me without notice and throw off my balance, even with the pole.
One of my greatest fears is that my inner demons will eventually get the best of me and I'll off myself when the shit hits the fan. I'm terrified about this prospect so I do anything in my book of tricks to keep those demons away. When I am in full on Tommycombs mode, the demons go away.

Tommycombs said:
I'd say I need them psychologically. Yesterday I explained it to my wife as an analogy because the previous night, I got stressed out and my Borderline tendencies flared up. Self hatred, urges to self harm, etc. I said that I'm a hire wire walker and my pole is equal parts my medication (cannabis as SSRIs do nothing) and diaper/ ABDL stuff. Most of the time, the two work together beautifully, keeping me balanced. But it's still a day by day wobbly walk on that wire. Any unseen gust of wind could hit me without notice and throw off my balance, even with the pole.
One of my greatest fears is that my inner demons will eventually get the best of me and I'll off myself when the shit hits the fan. I'm terrified about this prospect so I do anything in my book of tricks to keep those demons away. When I am in full on Tommycombs mode, the demons go away.

From the *left" shoulder (or is it right......muh wah hah hah). You don't need that pole. Just stick with the diapers and you'll be perfectly fine. Sure you'll need to rely on them more, but that's the good part right.

Seriously though, keep it balanced!

Tommycombs, the problem that you describe with suicidal thoughts is very serious. If you haven't already done so, you need to see a psychiatrist and get some professional help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back