Relationship advice as a DL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solent

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I'm sorry, I haven't posted for over two years. My life has changed dramatically since, and as a consequence of my newfound kink I ended a long term relationship (5 years), and begun a new one.

I'm looking for some advice and direction, maybe even someone to tell me that I'm actually expecting too much of someone.

I met my girlfriend almost exactly a year ago. We met due to shared kinks, most notably DDLG and ABDL, and she was an avid DL. Despite the shared kinks, these were not primary motive in progressing the relationship; we genuinely connected as individuals and fell for each other. She told me very early on that she has no interest in guys wearing, and her DL fetish was non-sexual, although did admit to sexual play while wearing. She knew I wore quite regularly, that I find it very much a sexual fetish, although did at least have milds experience as a daddy / dom. Lovestruck, I simply agreed not to wear for the sake of our relationship, and things went from there.She moved in, and very early on I admit to both myself and her that I really don't want to give up wearing. She was initially accepting and told me she'll work through it in her mind; to me this seemed a little strange since she wore regularly, I'd diaper her etc, and here she was telling me that she'll 'get comfortable' with me wearing. Now, I completely accept that this may have been a deal breaker for her, but in my mind the responsible thing to do is to accept it or walk away. She didn't make it particularly clear what she wanted me to do, merely that she'd get comfortable and I'd need to be patient. Anyway, one night I put a nap on and just go to bed - she lifts up the covers and gets in herself and sees me wearing, and she goes absolutely ape shit. I wasn't in a particularly good place mentally at this point and quite frankly I wore to bed to help me relax - clearly I'd jumped the gun and she wasn't ready to see me like this, but it wasn't well communicated from either side. We spoke at length about it and she told me that she wants to lead my wearing around her. She did as agreed, and after a few weeks tentatively engaged me, even put me in one. We seemed to make good progress, but there was still a discomfort and odd atmosphere about them in the house. Her comfort would fluctuate, and she did nothing to reassure me that this is on her. As the months have gone on, we got to the point whereby she told me to 'just wear and don't make a big deal about it' so that she 'could ignore it for now until it became comfortable for her'. Everything she said to me gave me a big complex and anxiety over wearing in general - I have felt ashamed. In spring she told me that the smell of pee in a diaper really freaks her out, despite the fact she wets hers, and even has a mild pee fetish (she's asked me to pee inside her, on her). She wants me to drink tons of water when I wear to prohibit this. Each and every time I wet around her, or even in bed, I'm paranoid she's going to make a big thing of this. It took until June for her to effectively give permission for me to wear each evening (not that I do), although she still made it clear that she doesn't want me to wear more often than her, or have it compromise her little side. A few weeks ago, she admitted during an argument that she has stopped wearing often in an effort to discourage me from wearing, and has admitted that me wearing still makes her uncomfortable - from my point of view it all seems quite baffling. She has reiterated time after time I need to be patient - it's been nearly a year, IMO she's either comfortable by now with who I am or she isn't. This should be such an easy area of our relationship given our mutual enjoyment of diapers, one of understanding and empathy, and more importantly, fun!

It has been a huge issue, our primary area of conflict. I still have little idea of how to deal with this. As someone who's down for almost anything, and very much outspoken about my limits, I can't see why she hasn't just embraced it or left me - I'd prefer her to do either one of these rather than make my life so unpleasant.*I'm at a point whereby I'm prepared to end this relationship if things don't get better. I'm not going to change myself for someone else.

How do I handle this? Am I being unfair or unreasonable? Do I walk away? Do I take it more slowly? Any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Acyually I believe you did handle it quite well, and have been very accommodating to your girlfriend- mkre than fair even. It's really odd how she is being such a hypocrite about your being diapered, especially since she wears them too. This part I just don't get.

It really sounds like your girlfriend has a lot to figure out about what diapers mean to her, and to you too. Until then it seems you two are not as compatible as you though. Might I suggest both of you reasses if this is really just a fetish (meaning based on sex), or an ingrained and compulsory part of your lives, a diaper love as it were.

For now I'd say at least a break from each other is warranted. If she can't learn to accept this part of who you are, then she won't be able to fully accept you either. This relationship just might not work in the end.

This is very odd indeed. I feel like if you guys both enjoy the same things then it shouldn't be an issue. However she clearly doesn't know what she wants. I can get how she may not like diapers during certain times but she cannot judge how you wear them and when. If you don't feel comfortable then it's time for a break until she feels ready. My last few relationships my partner was ok with it and didn't participate and I was fine with it. But they accepted that I wore 24/7 often and my most recent partner even changed me sometimes which I thought was odd so I asked her to stop. My point being she knew you enjoyed them and now she's trying to make you change who you are and that's not cool.

I may have some insight here...

You said she is ABDL and DDLG, she may be looking for that strong dominant male in you. My fiance is not into the DL scene like I am and that has been her biggest fear in seeing me in a diaper. She will cease to see me as a man and only as a baby. My suggestion: man up. Don't give up on the relationship but rather talk to see if that's something affecting her. I know with my fiance that was something I had to do while wearing to really allow her to see it's not what she thinks.

I would NOT suggest doing anything without a rationalized calm discussion first, but maybe bringing her around to to that AB or LG side while you're wearing to let her understand it. Use the same tactics you usually do to get her there and know the scenario so she is comfortable and understands what is happening. Again communicate on a rational level, if you get upset so will she. If she gets upset, do your best to keep calm

I'd suggest being prepared to even schedule the time to talk and go through with anything agreed upon.

I think she knows what she wants even if she can't articulate it. You have been patient and it may still work out.

Remember forgiveness breeds love. Keep up the hard work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If there's two things I can't stand it's hypocrisy and a control freak. Here's what I would suggest and I do think you need to sit down and talk to her about it.

Show her, her hypocrisy and help her to understand how you feel. That's important. Empathy is key. Don't rely on sympathy which is is feeling for someone. We all sympathize with someone who is sad but it doesn't affect us emotionally at all thus doesn't make us care or truly understand what they are going through.

Empathy is something inside all of us that enables us to put ourselves into another's shoes. She needs to see how you feel. Perhaps ask her how she would feel if you told her not to ever be little? "Now translate that over to me because that's how I feel. For months you've made me feel trapped, unsure, anxious and ashamed of who I am. How would you feel if I did that to you?"

Communicate to her about your problems and don't be afraid to express emotions. Don't say you feel sad show her, cry if you feel you need to even when talking to her this is real not a hypothetical discussion so show her it is. Remind her that it takes two to form a relationship and right now she's got you pressed against a wall unable to be free and you can't keep going like this.

Ironically enough she's making you do all these things like drinking water and not wearing as much as her which sounds like she is the dominant one? But yet she wants to be the little?
Questions I would want answered if were you. I also get the feeling she doesn't know what she wants and she's afraid of her little side becoming sexual.

Perhaps when she sees you wearing she is attracted and that scares her? She can't embrace you because she can't accept herself yet? Another theory that might be worth asking her about. She should know that she can talk to you.

However if she continually fails to communicate then I would suggest leaving. Someone who is controlling, a hypocrite and that won't communicate, allowing no possibility for discussion is a toxic person.

I wish you all the best and hope it works out.

Thanks for your replies so far guys. I hope I can give a little more insight, and an update to the current situation.

Since we got together, she has actually engaged in diaper sex, put them on me and embraced (for a very short time) all of the kinks I have. The issue is her constantly changing boundaries, the comfort level she seems to have over my wearing and her level of involvement in this, which is in a constant state of flux. Only recently did she admit to not wearing much at the moment to discourage me from wearing, as it still apparently makes her uncomfortable.

I have tried, extensively and patiently, to get a grasp on exactly what makes her feel uncomfortable. I have tried empathy, I have tried breaking down in tears in front of her to show her how much this is messing me up. One day wearing around her is no big deal, and sex may even happen whilst we are both wearing (providing they aren't wet), on another day she'll avoid me intimately but won't admit to the diaps being the issue, or even worse, treat me with some level of contempt.

When I have pointed out just how much I'm missing, just how repressed I feel, she immediately retaliates by saying that's how I have made her feel about little space. Now, some clarity here. Naturally, dating a little (and living with her) I completely understand and accept she's going to both behave little to an extent in everyday life (she has an active instagram blog, she dresses somewhat little, addresses me as daddy, takes stuffies out in the car, wears naps out under clothing) and I am wholly supportive of all of this. With regards to regressing in to full on little space at home, when she feels totally innocent and non-sexual, I'm again supportive of. What I have made clear, is that I am inexperienced, and furthermore, I don't want it to be so frequent as to completely dominate our lives and leave me without an adult girlfriend - this is something she has held on to for the best part of 10 months now, continually blaming this sentence for her lack of little space. Now when I say lack of little space, she has been in little space twice since she moved in way back in October. Right at the beginning, she said if I don't participate in this she's happy to be little by herself, as she was in previous relationships. Naturally I want to have a more active role as much as I can. She has nagged at me saying I need to make her little etc, and I've told her every single time I'm totally comfortable with her being little around me, but I do make clear I'm inexperienced. When I have asked her outright if she'd like a 'little night' she's said she's not in the mood or whatever, and combined with the fact I have been working my ass off renovating the house we live in over the past 6 months, I haven't really been available to role play every single day. So, her lack of littlespace she has squarely blamed on me. This came to a head two weeks ago when she cried (rather than the usual screaming and verbal abuse she throws at me) and told me how much she's missing it, so I suggested straight up we have a little night the following day, and we did. It was no big deal at all for me, and she thanked me the day after saying I was great.

Now, I've been asking her to embrace my kinks and work on repairing the damage caused earlier in the relationship by shaming / repressing me, and I've also been asking her to make me feel desired. I feel like she never wants me sexually, and especially when I'm wearing she makes up some excuse not to do anything (although denies it). I've been asking this of her for an awful long time.

At the weekend I had my parents over (they live hundreds of miles away), so no sex or intimacy during this time. They go home, and my girlfriend goes to work. She comes back late (bar work) and we both talk about having 'play time' / sex the following day when she's back, and I suggest I cook for her so it's ready on her return so that we've got the whole evening free. Sounds good she says. So the day comes around, her food is ready on her return, she eats and appreciates the meal, and then more or less immediately starts looking up diaps she's interested in buying on her phone. Minutes later, she runs off to get her paci, then tells me she feels little. I ask her "you don't want to play?", "maybe later" she says. I try not to show her how rejected and sad I feel, and even run off to find her a bottle and fill it with milk for her. I come back, put on the movie she wants to watch, then excuse myself for a few minutes. I go off to the bedroom and cry my eyes out. Why? Because I've felt completely undervalued sexually for so damn long, totally undesired and unappreciated. This wasn't about not getting sex for a single night, it's all of the above. I get myself composed and come in to the lounge to find the movie paused "you abandoned me" she said. I sat down next to her and spoke to her, and explained I'd been crying (my eyes were red, and I was quite obviously upset). Her immediate response was to show no facial emotion whatsoever, and to totally undermine my emotions by telling me "this is about sex isn't it, it's all you ever want" or something along those lines. She's defensive and cold, completely disinterested in what I have to say, and tries to turn it around telling me she never gets littlespace and she shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not having sex with me. I try to set her straight and explain how I feel sad because of the bigger picture here, that I feel avoided and undesirable, and that it always feels like this relationship is about her needs rather than mine. She gets angry so I leave her to it and go to bed.

I send her a text from the bedroom to try to better articulate my feelings and it mostly falls on deaf ears. The following morning, I send her a bunch of articles explaining and supporting how guys get their affection from sex, how men need to feel desired to feel they are loved by their partners. She reduces this all down to "this is ridiculous, this relationship is over" and argues a little more before packing a bag and driving off for the day.

Almost certainly she'll be back, she messaged me a moment ago telling me to leave the door unlocked.

What the hell do I do, this girl is driving me insane and there is just absolutely indication things are going to get better. She doesn't seem to empathise with my feelings, or even believe them.

SweetPrincess, yes, it does feel like she has the dominant role in this relationship despite insisting that she wants to be submissive and me the dominant both of the relationship and the household. She's complained how guys always submitted to her and she walked all over them, and I'm really not surprised. I have never, ever been a submissive emotionally in a relationship (although have enjoyed switching in the bedroom from time to time). I have tried so hard to ask the questions you're posing, I have practically begged for the inner truth behind all of her concerns and preferences.

In fact, when I have suggested she dominate sexually every once in a while, she has rejected this idea aggressively (ironic). She gets very aggressive and emotional when there's any level of discussion that she feels challenged by. She resorts to verbal abuse, raising her voice and even once threatened me physically with a corkscrew.

I know, I know. I need out of this. I'm kidding myself thinking this relationship could ever be healthy.

Has she even been tested for bipolar disorder? She may need to be.

Clearly she is a full time "little" and wants a non-sexual dominant "daddy", not an equal partner/lover or God forbid another DL which could be interpreted as "little".

My suggestion - "Runn Oft". This is going to wear you out mentally.....

So, she came back the following day, and after realising I was quite serious about breaking up she more or less changed tactic and allowed me to sit down and discuss it all without her raising her voice, getting defensive or going on the attack.

She told me she was comfortable with my diaps, promised to make me feel more accepted and agreed to have them included amongst our sex life. We talked about sex in general and agreed we'd take turns getting what we each feel like we want out of a 'session' because we seemingly have quite different needs. This seemed to be the solution, a few days went by and all was well, until this morning. I wake up wearing, my girlfriend wakes up, we speak a little, and I rub against her leg a little to show I'm horny and to test the waters a little, to see if she'd be at all receptive. She asks why I'm humping her leg and I say "because I'm really horny". "Oh" she says. She says something about wanting a cup of tea so I get up, but not before her protesting that she wants a hug. I go off, make the tea and return, and she asks "are you ok?" several times until I come back in the room to her calling me and admit to her "no, I feel unwanted and undesired, like my sex drive is a burden to you". She gets angry, gets defensive and repeats "you humped my leg" in such a tone as to say it was as vile to her as spitting in her face. She told me later in the day, at the top of her voice in the car "I DON'T WANT A DL, I TOLD YOU THAT AT THE BEGINNING" and "I FIND IT A TURN OFF". Hours later, she's trying her best to climb down from this saying "my issue with naps has been dealt with, this isn't about that".

I mean, the fuck man...

Adiós, bambino!

Really, she's being A bit of a loon, and does not sound mentally balanced enough for this relationship. Quit it now, sadly. But, this should prove to those that think/believe that finding a girl who wears diapers is the end-all in life. It's not. I've always maintained that there are so damn many aspects to any/every relationship (finances, jobs, friends, family, mortgages, credit issues, kids, etc., etc...), that it's never going to be easy finding a diapered soulmate, and making all the rest work. Probably much easier to fall in love, for all the right reasons, then deal with the kinky side, as a topping (like sprinkles on ice cream), as often as it feels good. In my situation, even after decades together, we still struggle to make some things work. As an example, I have bought toys that get totally ignored, even though it's obvious why I got them. I'm free to be me, as a DL, and she gets it, but doesn't really get "involved", as a general rule.

Hope that's not too brutal. She needs something different than what you're offering, and, becoming something you're not, will only lead to disaster, UNLESS you're into plodding you're way, painfully, thru this relationship based solely on the fact that she wears. It's not enough! There will always be something new that disturbs her. Go in peace...

Jamieboy said:
Adiós, bambino!

Really, she's being A bit of a loon, and does not sound mentally balanced enough for this relationship. Quit it now, sadly. But, this should prove to those that think/believe that finding a girl who wears diapers is the end-all in life. It's not. I've always maintained that there are so damn many aspects to any/every relationship (finances, jobs, friends, family, mortgages, credit issues, kids, etc., etc...), that it's never going to be easy finding a diapered soulmate, and making all the rest work. Probably much easier to fall in love, for all the right reasons, then deal with the kinky side, as a topping (like sprinkles on ice cream), as often as it feels good. In my situation, even after decades together, we still struggle to make some things work. As an example, I have bought toys that get totally ignored, even though it's obvious why I got them. I'm free to be me, as a DL, and she gets it, but doesn't really get "involved", as a general rule.

Hope that's not too brutal. She needs something different than what you're offering, and, becoming something you're not, will only lead to disaster, UNLESS you're into plodding you're way, painfully, thru this relationship based solely on the fact that she wears. It's not enough! There will always be something new that disturbs her. Go in peace...

That's not brutal at all Jambieboy, don't worry. I need an honest assessment from outside of this relationship, because frankly I'm too emotionally involved to work out what's up and what's down now.

I found her via the kink, but we genuinely connected. As much as I contacted her for 'that side' of her, what grew from that was something amazing. I really felt like I'd found someone on my level intellectually, practically and emotionally. We connected like never before, and I've been in long term relationships for 16 years now, so I know how the 'spark' feels. I honestly thought I could make it work. She spent the first couple of months working through my depression because I left someone long term to be with her (there was no cheating, I had an open relationship), so it didn't start amazingly well in our practical day to day lives. As the months went on we seemed to find some harmony and things were getting a lot better in lots of ways, and then from say spring onwards it's been going downhill, and right now is at rock bottom, and has been for a couple of months.

I've practically begged her to get help. She has so far seen the GP who told her "it doesn't sound like bipolar" and gave up. I need her to make a real effort to acknowledge the damage she has done and is still doing, to chill the hell out, show some actual desire rather than resentment and stabilise. I think really I've got more chance of becoming the King of England.

Jamieboy said:
Really, she's being A bit of a loon,

While I chose to remain single, from a lot of stories I hear from my friends, "moody" isn't all that rare of a trait in wives and girlfriends. (the girlfriends seem to be worse on the average, maybe that's why they're not wives!)

Not trying to be chauvinist, and certainly not talking in absolutes, just observing and reporting. Women have a tendency to be moody, jealous, and controlling. Men have a tendency to be callous and wild. Such is the nature of opposites.

Slomo said:
Has she even been tested for bipolar disorder? She may need to be.

Bumping this as it just seems to keep getting more relavent.

Seriously, you are living with two different people! (And I don't think your girfriend knows you're with someone else either).

Yesterday we had another argument that descended from the issue the day previous (her screaming about how she doesn't want a DL).

She has not denied saying this, but has deflected and tried saying that's not what she meant, and told me that it's my fault that she has an increased anxiety about this fetish because of the pressure I put on her. I have asked her to clarify exactly why she feels pressured but it isn't particularly clear or coherent to me, there's too much "you did this", "you're that" for me to pick out the helpful information.

She got quite bitter yesterday and told me that actually she has a very high sex drive and used to wake up previous boyfriends in the night for sex. I know for a fact that if I did that with her, she'd blow her top. I asked her how I could possibly do that to her without it upsetting her, or why she hasn't done that to me, and there was no clear answer. It's all very confusing, today she has said my libido and desire for daily intimacy in one form or another is not an issue, yet a couple months back told me that I have an addiction to sex, and need help if I really need it daily.

It's absolutely impossible to unpick what's going on here. She seems all over the place and totally unsure of herself.

sounds like that one's just full of double standards.... good luck!

I think this sounds less like bipolar and more like borderline personality disorder. It affects roughly 1% of the population with about 75% being women. I'm one of the rare male cases and it literally wires your brain to both extremes. That's one reason I came to this site. Because of that "binge/ purge" cycle of mixed feelings. It depends on the day and situation but things can suddenly flip around in my head and I take an opposite stance for some time. I suspect I do this in an attempt to fine tune my position and be as correct as I can. However there is no such thing as absolute morality so I try to recognize that and just try to be as cool as I can to myself and others.
But I digress. I am not a mental health professional but the way you describe her personality traits hits home with me.

She has been staying at a friends for a couple days after I told her it's over. It isn't properly over, there are talks ongoing between us to see if we can resolve what we need to resolve or not.

Today she has said if I wanted to be 24/7 she's ok with it, said I'll I had to do was say so. This coming from someone who I had to negotiate being able to wear around her at all, to being told evenings is fine providing I don't "shove it in her face" and "just get on with it", to telling me she wants to wear more often than I, to telling me not to wear when she's little, and now she's saying I can wear 24/7 if I want. I've asked her to justify the erratic attempts and controlling my will to wear and she says this is a response to the pressure I put her under for sex. She also says she realises it was wrong to make me feel repressed etc. I'm concerned she's just backtracking at every turn in attempt to overturn the breakup. Frankly though, I don't see what she's getting out of this relationship if she's having to 'tolerate' someone she 'didn't want' (a DL).

Because the alternative of loneliness is worse?

Kenn said:
Because the alternative of loneliness is worse?

The point of breaking up would be to free both of them to find someone they can each be happy with. Not to be lonely, and certsinly not together and miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back