Do people who don't like diapers, end up like them after wearing them long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickTiger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is question I always thought of, I have heard stories of this, what is your thoughts?

Assuming you're not talking about people being forced to wear, I imagine some people get used to it at least.

Yea, I wonder what people would think of using them for convenience .Probaly think it disgusting, even though urine is sterile

There are a lot more incontinent people than ABDLs. I think we'd hear from more of them if all incontinent diaper wearers came to like them. I'd imagine for most of them, the closest they get to liking them is appreciating that they're not leaking all over. It's like asking if people like their crutches, wheelchairs, or having to go around with a cane or a service animal. They help make things better but most people aren't going to actually like them.

Trevor said:
There are a lot more incontinent people than ABDLs. I think we'd hear from more of them if all incontinent diaper wearers came to like them. I'd imagine for most of them, the closest they get to liking them is appreciating that they're not leaking all over. It's like asking if people like their crutches, wheelchairs, or having to go around with a cane or a service animal. They help make things better but most people aren't going to actually like them.

I will go with Trevor, I am sure they all have their preferences and know what is good on the market or what is best for them. But given the choice they rather not have to rely on it all. They are happy that it works, because without them their life quality will be much worse off.

We have a number of incontinent members on this site who have grown to like their diapers, from what they've said in various threads. There are some who have embraced regression to make having to wear diapers a little more acceptable psychologically. Everyone is different.

Absolutly I learned to enjoy being in nappies and now couldn't be happier and don't regret being incontinent at all.

You get used to wearing them after a while, and changing is part of getting dressed just like putting on shoes and socks. Some guys wear boxers, some wear briefs, and some wear diapers or training pants.

Last edited:
As @Trevor said, I appreciate diapers, to the extent of actually liking them now, though they are a bit of an annoyance from time to time. If you asked me would I be in diapers if I didn't needed them, it would be a bit more difficult to answer. @Padded53 said some wise words here, not having to use dirty bathrooms when being out and about well that's one advantage....
However if I never developed a need for diapers e.g. becoming incontinent. I would not have known their advantages AND disadvantages since I would never had looked in that direction.....in fact before I became incontinent, I actually didn't know adult diapers existed in the first place and in the various forms you can get now I know now, and absolutely no knowledge about either AB or DL's......
Even when I started wearing diapers it was a steep learning curve figuring out what level of protection I needed, how to prevent dreaded diaperleaks, not smelling of wet diaper etc.

I started wearing diapers by choice when I was 10. It wasn't until I was 15 that I discovered their usefulness as a fetish. When I was 35 I started wearing them every night. When I was 45 I started wearing them 24/7. At 57 I wear my diapers freely in public and wet in them day and night. Nobody has ever given me a difficult time about this. My wife washes, dries, and folds my diapers along with all our normal laundry without giving it a second thought.

I have learned to incorporate diapers into my daily routine. I found that showering every morning and wringing the diapers out while in the shower is great exercise for my forearms. When I started doing this, it took about three months to get used to, but it cured my carpal tunnel. I have also developed an oil mixture of one part vitamin E oil, one part neem oil, and four parts cold pressed sesame oil, which I use to cure and prevent diaper rash. I haven't had diaper rash in decades.

I see diapers as a tool for a healthy and happy life.

Skunkdude said:
I started wearing diapers by choice when I was 10. It wasn't until I was 15 that I discovered their usefulness as a fetish. When I was 35 I started wearing them every night. When I was 45 I started wearing them 24/7. At 57 I wear my diapers freely in public and wet in them day and night. Nobody has ever given me a difficult time about this. My wife washes, dries, and folds my diapers along with all our normal laundry without giving it a second thought.

I have learned to incorporate diapers into my daily routine. I found that showering every morning and wringing the diapers out while in the shower is great exercise for my forearms. When I started doing this, it took about three months to get used to, but it cured my carpal tunnel. I have also developed an oil mixture of one part vitamin E oil, one part neem oil, and four parts cold pressed sesame oil, which I use to cure and prevent diaper rash. I haven't had diaper rash in decades.

I see diapers as a tool for a healthy and happy life.

Yea vitamin e is in aloe, and neem is an anti fungal I used to use that on plants outside my house. Seasame seed oil is used for oil pulling teeth also. oil can prevent many different skin aliments.

Incontinentsupport.com had a number of people there who became IC and were foced into diapers. After a LOT of adjusting they did come to appreciate diapers, and even like the convenience they bring.

I wouldn't say they really liked being diapered tgough, and if given the choice most there wouldn't stay diapered. More it was just their new normal underwear.

I am sure when IC people start to like diapers, it's the practicability they like and how they can live their normal life just like how I liked my pads when I would have my period but I bet if those people could gain their continence back, they wouldn't be wearing them still just like how I don't still use pads or tampons because I use diapers now. I think a small percentage of them actually develop a diaper fetish and very few would still continue to wear them if they could get their continence back. I wonder how many here are in this group?

NickTiger said:
Yea, I wonder what people would think of using them for convenience .Probaly think it disgusting, even though urine is sterile

Fun Fact... that old saying isn't true.

rennecfox said:
Fun Fact... that old saying isn't true.

Well very few things are truly "sterile". Urine is pretty close. In viet nam, it was somewhat common for soldiers to get stranded on the battlefield. If someone received an abdominal injury that exposed their intestines, it was essential to keep them hydrated until they could be evac'd. If the intestines dried out (and they dehydrate REALLY fast when exposed to air) then they'd have to have them cut out. The field medic guide specifically said use clean urine to keep exposed intestines hydrated if sterile water was unavailable.

Granted, they were going to get a boatload of antibiotics when they got back to base hospital, but still, that was the most sterile alternative available. MUCH better than using say stream or canteen water.

If you have any significant amount of microbes in your bladder, that'd be a severe UTI. UTIs that have reached the bladder are at risk of getting back up into the kidneys, and THAT can be life-threatening. Most UTIs don't make it up out of the urethra and into the bladder.

I've gotten a few friends to try it and most have had neutral to positive reactions. Never got it to stick though. I'm pretty open about it to friends and some of them get curious and just ask, but I don't think I've converted anyone to ABDL lol (not that I've ever attempted to) but enough of my friends have asked for a try.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

NickTiger said:

I started for convenience, I was in a public facing job where acx to toilet facilities was limited, and I had some anxiety about needing the loo. But, funny thing is, now I had some insurance, so to speak, the anxiety got a lot less. I'm 24/7 now and while some anxiety is still there, I'm a lot more comfortable in my mind. Also, at home I now have the pleasure of wetting whenever I like with no need to do laundry. I always wet before changing, seems a waste otherwise!!!

When I became incontinent, the only things available were cloth diapers with plastic pants. Whenever I went away from home, I had to bring the wet diapers home with me and then washing and dry the diapers at least twice a week. That was a set of chores that i never got over thoroughly disliking. However, our contemporary and constantly improving disposable diapers are much less of a hassle and, in my opinion, much more comfortable to wear. I have not become a diaper fetishest, but I do like the contemporary disposable diapers that enable me to live a full and active life. For the past several months, I've been using ComfiDry 24/7 diapers and think that they are outstanding.

Hey, I could relate to myself about those diapers. At the beginning I really do hated them, it was hard for me to stay in them for more than 30 minutes... but you do, what you have to do, right? So I had to force myself and after a few weeks even they stopped bothering as much as they did before. After a couple of months I basically didn't realize sometimes that I wear them. It's a bit like with glasses to be honest, at the beginning they tend to annoy you - you feel them in uncomfortable position or there is something wrong with you seeing, because eyes haven't adjusted yet... it's perfectly normal, it just takes sometime and I can wear diapers without even thinking about it or sometimes realizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back