Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bambino diapers

Default Bambino diapers

Im considering getting some, but there are some questions i want to ask first about the bambino diaper:

1.Is it crinkly? if yes, how much?
    2. how many tapes?
    3. absorbency, I.E. does it have good absorbency?
    4. How bulky are they?
    5. Are the tapes strong?
    6. Do they hold in smell? (urine, i dont do number 2 in my diapers so it doesnt matter lol.)

And any other details you might want to add would be great.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperXBoy View Post
    Im considering getting some, but there are some questions i want to ask first about the bambino diaper:

2. how many tapes?
    4. How bulky are they?
    5. Are the tapes strong?
    6. Do they hold in smell? (urine, i dont do number 2 in my diapers so it doesnt matter lol.)

And any other details you might want to add would be great.
    I've been using Bambinos for a little while now... they are really a superb product. I've been wearing diapers 24/7 for a little over a year now... and I've never had a Bambino let me down. I wear them everywhere... work, home, road trips, etc. Never had a problem. They are super soft, definately the most comfortable diaper I've ever worn and they are super thirsty too. With the new lower price I'll continue to choose them over Abena X-plus every time.

1: Bambinos have more of a "rustle" to them than they do a crinkle. If you want crinkle get Attends.

2: Bambinos are a 4-tape product.

3: I rate absorbancy 11 out of 10. Seriously... these things are that good. They use a lot of SAP in the construction so it makes them a bit slow to absorb compared to some other diapers... but if you go slowly and don't flood they will hold great amounts. Just two Bambinos will last me 24 hours.

4: Bambinos are decently bulky. They are a bit low-cut so they don't have the super-bulk that products like Molicare Super Plus or Abena X-plus do... but they are still bulkier than brands like Tranquility, Tena, or Attends.

5: Bambinos have a front "landing zone" and the tapes are very sturdy. They can be refastened many times for a perfect fit and stay attached even after vigorous activity.

6: The Bambinos do a fine job of neutralizing odors. Even after 12 hours in one I haven't had anyone notice any kind of a smell.

I say buy 'em... you won't be dissapointed.

I too have been considering getting a pack of these diapers, and am glad for this post. Cause I needed opinions as well.

I suppose now I'll be investing in a pack

Darkfinn

If you can afford it get a case... mediums are only $65.

Default Secure X-Plus

I just got the new Secure X-Plus, same manufacturer as far as I know. They have better leg cuffs and do absorb soooo much better. Those are my perfect diaper. I had issues about slight leaks in the back lower butt/leg area before when sitting down in a wet diaper. Problem is now fixed. They also got a new liner inside (like perforated).

Anyhow, Secure X-Plus is a true 10 out of 10 at this point and I hope they don't "fix" the diaper like most manufacturers fix their products....don't fix it if it's not broken!

Darkfinn

I believe this is the case of Secure adopting Bambino's advancements. Let Bambino market them first at a higher cost... then once the development costs are paid off filter it down to your main-line product.

I've tried plenty of Secures in the past. I still maintain that Bambino is more comfortable and absorbs more.

I found these diapers to be kind of disappointing, to be honest. They are the same as the Secure diapers and I didn't like the stiff printed area in front on either diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I believe this is the case of Secure adopting Bambino's advancements. Let Bambino market them first at a higher cost... then once the development costs are paid off filter it down to your main-line product.

I've tried plenty of Secures in the past. I still maintain that Bambino is more comfortable and absorbs more.
    I agree with this.

I think that the Bambinos have more SAP in them, so they hold more overall.

I've been curious about this ever since Bambinos came out. I will be getting some Secure X-Plus, and will do some empirical testing and comparison on the two of them, hopefully in the near future.

Not really, but kind of 'rustley'.

2. how many tapes?

I'd say very good. Maybe 9/10. (I always wear with an Abena Abri-Let stuffer though.)

4. How bulky are they?
    Dry, 6/10. Wet, 9/10

5. Are the tapes strong?
    Yes, very. 10/10

6. Do they hold in smell?
    Yes

Overall, I enjoy this product VERY MUCH and would recommend them to anyone.

After reading my own post again, I think I missed the word 'now'. They improved the secure x-plus. I just got it the first time last week (Printed on front of bags "new leg cuffs" or so). I am not opposing Darkfinn's post, as I have no recent experience with the Bambinos. I think he might be more up-to-date on things than I am. I just wanted to share the qualities of the 'new' improved Secure X-Pluses.