Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
As an Adult Baby, I do have a genuine "juvenile fear".
I am genuinely frightened of thunder and lightning at night.
Am I the only one with this juvenile fear, even though I am an adult?

I'm afraid of the dark, if that's a juvenile thing, I prefer a nightlight

caitianx said:

Heck no, buddy! I'm terrified of storms due to their unpredictability. Also, I grew up in the Pacific northwest before relocating to Ohio during my teen years. THAT is what caused that particular fear! The storms they get over there are a whole different breed of scary!

Tommycombs said:
Heck no, buddy! I'm terrified of storms due to their unpredictability.

That's how I am with thunder! I don't mind lightning so much... but thunder can be scary. I also second on not liking the darkness. I have to keep a desk lamp on in my room. Thunder is unpredictable because it can go from being okay to really super duper loud. :c

I also don't like hospitals either... though, that's mostly because they don't understand my invisible disabilities. -____-; So, it leads to a lot of extreme fears and meltdowns due to their lack of understanding. Even when I have the meltdowns, they still don't see it as a major issue when it is.

Last edited:
I don't have any Juvenile fears but I have read that many adults do have these types of fears as the above comments attest.

So you are not alone.

I often like thunderstorms and the rain that comes with it as long as the lightning isn't hitting close to my house. Lightning can be very destructive so one needs to take precautions. We've had this thread before and I remember myself saying that I love the smell of ozone in the air during a thunder storm. There's a freshness that you never experience otherwise.

Where I live in central Virginia, we occasionally get terrible storms and lose electrical power for 7 or 8 hours and sometimes for days. I got a Generac generator a few months back to solve that problem because we lose power often.

dogboy said:
I often like thunderstorms and the rain that comes with it as long as the lightning isn't hitting close to my house. Lightning can be very destructive so one needs to take precautions. We've had this thread before and I remember myself saying that I love the smell of ozone in the air during a thunder storm. There's a freshness that you never experience otherwise.

Where I live in central Virginia, we occasionally get terrible storms and lose electrical power for 7 or 8 hours and sometimes for days. I got a Generac generator a few months back to solve that problem because we lose power often.

Slightly off topic but I've lived in the DMV the past 2 and a half months and I've realised I take UK weather for granted because boy when it rains, it pours. Also I've been outside when lightning has struck by very close to me and I was shook up by that.

I'm generally OK with storms, but did get pretty spooked during a bad one in the middle of the night once. I just felt really small and vulnerable I guess...

CookieMonstah said:
Slightly off topic but I've lived in the DMV the past 2 and a half months and I've realised I take UK weather for granted because boy when it rains, it pours. Also I've been outside when lightning has struck by very close to me and I was shook up by that.

I'm not sure what DMV stands for here, but in the United States it usually means Department of Motor Vehicles, where people go to get their driver's licenses and such. There's also a stereotype that you have to wait forever there, so ''I've lived in the DMV the past 2 and a half months'' could be construed as a bit of a joke. :p

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I'm generally OK with storms, but did get pretty spooked during a bad one in the middle of the night once. I just felt really small and vulnerable I guess...

I'm not sure what DMV stands for here, but in the United States it usually means Department of Motor Vehicles, where people go to get their driver's licenses and such. There's also a stereotype that you have to wait forever there, so ''I've lived in the DMV the past 2 and a half months'' could be construed as a bit of a joke. :p

DMV = DC / Maryland / Virginia area, that's what people have said to me is a short way of saying it. Yes I know what the DMV is in terms of cars too.

I'm afraid of the dark too....

My juvenile fear is certain bugs, especially bees and wasps, their stingers can hurt like hell based on their poison. For house cockroaches, I try to squish them whenever I see one. Other bugs like beetles and mantises, I can stare at (even touch) them without a fear of getting bitten.

Insects are my only child fear. Thunder and lightning only gives me jump scares occasionally, but I don't mind rain. And the darkness, I need it to sleep. If my room isn't pitch black at night, I can end up staying awake for a long time.

Onesieman said:
My juvenile fear is certain bugs, especially bees and wasps,

Imagine getting stung by a bunch of them after one of your fellow girl scout girls stepped on a wasps nest. x____x

caitianx said:

I have the same fear, along with the dark. I have to sleep with a nightlight or else I get scared.

Juvenile "fears"...

I was afraid of the dark till I was about 12 to 13ish which I think is somewhat late to hold onto that fear. Every once in a while, but extremely rarely, I'll randomly get in a mindset where I'm afraid of the dark (like right after watching a scary movie, but sometimes it'll just happen, it's probably stress related now that I think of it)

Other than that, I can't think of any juvenile fears I have other than having the fact I wear diapers discovered which I guess can be considered a juvenile fear?

I'd trade my angsty adult existential fears for just about any juvenile fears though :D

I do like a good thunder/lightning storm though. As long the power doesn't go out for too long and none of my electronics get fried!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am genuinely afraid of bugs and become terrified of being alone in pubic. Especially in crowds. I'm almost to the point where I don't go anywhere besides work alone.

I honestly don't think our fears have much to do with our little side - a lot of people are scared of the dark or the thunder - but it does change how we deal with the fear. When I am in the little zone and get scared, I just want my daddy, or at least my sheep (stuffed animal) and my favourite blanket. But when I feel like an adult, I don't think of stuff like that. I just want to deal with the situation.

Why does the dark keep coming up? I LOVE the dark. Close your eyes and see with your ears (through the deafening tinnitus of course.) it's a whole different world, not to be feared, to be in awe of.

im scared of the dark, i dont like night lights cause the corners of my room would sill be dark,
im scared of rain cause it might flood and I'd drown,
and the grim reaper or the devil, I scared of devil from my family are very religious.

I am afraid of both the dark, and mirrors at night: this one is really "stupid" and juvenile, I am afraid of the people in the mirrors might come out and get me.

Also I have a fear that some would call juvenile but I believe it is rational and that is of bees and wasps, as I am deathly allergic to them, I would say that it is a fear that is rational, as it has some basis in reality.

- - - Updated - - -

CookieMonstah said:
DMV = DC / Maryland / Virginia area, that's what people have said to me is a short way of saying it. Yes I know what the DMV is in terms of cars too.

That is probably why in MD they call the DMV the MVA (Maryland Vehicles Administration) and boy you better believe the get mad if you write DMV on the checks, you would think it is a felony they way they react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back