Question - booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
This may sound like a silly question. What is a booster pad? What is the functionality of it? I do know it adds thickness and more absorption. Where exactly do you place it?

qwertyqwerty said:
This may sound like a silly question. What is a booster pad? What is the functionality of it? I do know it adds thickness and more absorption. Where exactly do you place it?
Yeah you pretty much nailed it. You put it usually right in the middle of the diaper between the leg gathers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And if your a side or belly sleeper. Put it forward.

another great advantage of boosters is that they can spread the urin better through the diaper so more of the diaper is utulized

Commercially made stuffers/boosters are made to let liquid flow into and through to the primary outer diaper. Boosters substancially increase the capacity of your diaper. There are numerous boosters available to the diaper wearer.

At times I use a real "prefolded cloth baby diaper, such as a Birdseye or Gerber directly next to my skin under my diaper as the first layer of my disposable adult brief. IMHO, this gives a similar feel as wearing a real baby disper.

The minimum modification of an adult diaper or other protective undergarment is to create slits in the outer covering/layer of the diaper to serve as the booster. A sharp knife such as an exacto knife is up to the task, but I use sharp utility scissors (Clauss ExtremeEdge Titanium) to cut small v slits about every 2" over the surface. You may also want to cut off all non-absorbant material around the diaper Llaving an hourglass shaped booster. If you want to increase capacity at the front of the diaper cut the booster at the middle to create two boosters to stack.

My nighttime diaper consists of my outer diaper, an hourglass shaped modified booster and two 1/2 boosters. Don't have to change till morning. As I wear 24/7, I have 2-3 changes per day. I use average of 4 diapers per change, so 8 - 12 diapers per day. Cost runs .15-.25 per diaper, so .60 - $1.00 per change/$3.00 day

This is an example of my typical night-time diaper:

A Prevail Protective Underwear with cut slits, 2 Dignity Double Duty Booster Pads, a Tranquility Top Liner Booster, a Tena Classic Plus Brief cut into hourglass shape as a full booster, a Euro Brief Adult Diaper, all under four cotton whitey-tighty briefs, and a pair of Salk Sani-pants.

This gives me a capacity of up to 128 ounces. Despite this, I often-times do have to change during the night.

Last edited:
Where are you finding the Euro Brief's?

Booster advantages:
* Gain extra 25-50% capacity in your nappy without changing too many of the characteristics you like about it.
* Can be arranged to suit your preferences for thickness in different parts of the nappy
* Can sometimes be slipped out and replaced discreetly without undressing, if you need to refresh capacity without going to the bathroom
* Often low price per litre of absorbency

Disadvantages:
* May shift or crease if you are very active
* One extra thing to organise when changing out-of-home
* Can interfere with the nappy's ability to contain messes safely
* Excessive thickness of boosters changes the form and fit of a nappy and can bypass the leakage protection

Shaped boosters need to be positioned centrally with the leg contours in line with those of the nappy. Rectangular pads can be positioned / folded / overlapped as preferred, e.g. more thickness in the middle and back if you are a girl and towards the front if you are a boy. I sometimes use two Lille Classic maxi boosters, one end of each lined up with the end of the nappy padding so they overlap for about the middle 2/3. Alternatively, positioning the ends of the boosters approximately where you wet, allows absorption on both sides at once as well as directly into the nappy. Boosters in the seat of the nappy do occupy much of its solid waste capacity and can trigger messy leaks if you have to sit in it. When expecting a mess, a higher absorbency nappy may be better than boosting, to leave more room for it.

If anyone should decide to buy the Magnifico's pull-ups, which I don't reccomend, but if you do, be sure to put in a booster, or a diaper inside, or be prepared for leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back