Status
Not open for further replies.

MDD1920

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hello everyone, I don't know if this type of subject for diaper talk has been discussed (if it has I apologize). So as a DL I've never tried an actual AB diaper...but never tried a lot of medical diapers neither (some but not a lot).

So here's my question to those AB/DL's out their. If you wanted some really good disposable diapers for yourself but didn't want to waste money at the same time, what type of adult diapers would you get & why do you like the certain brand?

For anyone who wonders why I asked I'm trying to find/buy some adult diapers that are really good & very comfy for my age, when I was a teenager I would go to Fred's & buy a couple or a few packages of their double taped briefs...didn't really care about them not having prints & I probably didn't notice the difference between thin diapers & thick diapers from those times.

Before signing up to adisc.org I would go to Google & YouTube & see other peoples opinions on reviews of certain adult diapers.....& the thing I didn't realize was that certain AB diapers like the Rearz Safari brand has some thickness & probably comfiness to it compared to medical briefs, but yet some AB diapers are very expensive if you buy one case or more (unless if you buy a sample pack from ebay or somewhere). I've never wore an actual AB diaper...just medical ones like the Fred's brand, Prevail & I wore Abena M4's that lasted a couple or a few months. Plus I'll say this I hate adult pull ups you would get from places like Family Dollar.....they're okay but not the greatest in my opinion because the absorbency doesn't hold leaks very well.

Now as far as looking up reviews on different adult diapers/briefs I actually did come across this site several times before signing up & checked some reviews on certain ones, they do seem helpful & I will consider looking for more diaper/brief reviews just in case. But for those who don't understand this post...I just wanna hear from other peoples opinions on what type of adult diaper they like/love to wear & use to get comfortable in, this is so I can tell my mother what brands I should wear but not pull ups....then again I don't know if she'll understand or not.

Anywho I apologize for a bunch of paragraphs, I apologize if my grammar was bad, & I'm very sorry if this certain subject has been discussed before I just would like to hear from other peoples opinions on certain adult diapers they buy/use daily. So thank you & have a good day.

every now and then there are good deals that we see pop up, briefly. The biggest one I can recall recently is back in Jan of 2016, where DiaperBuys briefly sold Abena Xplus plastic for $54 each, BOGO, freeship. We hopped on that like white on rice, and they never did it again. (there were at least two IC here that seriously stocked up on that deal as I recall, with orders over $1,000) At the time I "only" got four cases total, and I kinda wish I had bought more, but that's a lot of diapers to store. But with 36 diapers per case costing $27 total each, it was an incredible deal.

If you keep your eyes open you can occasionally spot deals like this on medical grade diapers, and you just have to be ready to pull the trigger because the best deals never last.

And yes, by the case is always the best option. Just make sure they fit, work well, and you like them (get samples) before spending a lot of money. Never believe what they state for the size range they fit, it's only a suggestion at best.

There are also a number of places that will give you a discount for reoccurring orders. So if you figure you need say a case of xplus a month (36 diapers for 31 nights, about right) you might sign up for a reoccurring order of a case every 30 days and save maybe 5% on the orders as a result.

I personally wear ABU's preschool plastic during the weekday at work, but what I wear at home and overnight varies, I keep a variety on hand and will typically consider my expected need overnight based on what I've had to drink before bed, and pad up appropriately.

MOST medical diapers are what we'd consider "poor to medium quality". They're sold on the "disposable products" market, and will generally have "walmart-grade" quality, of a "just barely adequate for the job". IC can spend a lot per year on diapers, and that cost adds up fast, so it's not surprising that need-grade diapers are going to try to make their products as cheap as possible to capture the greatest part of the market.

ABDL diapers on the other hand area mostly geared toward a more premium market, where people are willing to spend more for higher quality and also for better or specific looks, and where the average buyer doesn't use nearly as many diapers. They range from medium quality all the way up past "unreasonably large capacity" and can have some very impressive designs and features. But if you have heavy incontinence and want a worry-free night, nothing medical-grade beats a good ABDL diaper. We see a lot of IC folk here that wear a mix of medical and ABDL diapers, based on circumstances, such as "medical for daytime, ABDL for overnight".

Three common names that come up a lot with regard to quality medical diapers are molicare, abena, and confidry, but they're also some of the most expensive, but are some of the most preferred by the ABDL crowd.

I like AB diapers, and hate medical diapers. My usual go-to choice is the third option of premium diapers. These are usually plain white but perform really well, and can be far cheaper overall than any cheap medical diaper out there.

You really need to look at diaper cost on a per day basis, and not for each diaper. As an example, a $0.50 medical diaper might last two hours before leaking. So in 8 hours you will spend $2.00 after changing 4 times. On the other hand, a premium diaper might cost $1.60 each, but last 8 hours on its own. So the cheap diaper costs $8.00 per day, and the premium diaper only $4.80.

It also helps greatly with costs to always buy diapers by the case. You will spend much less overall than if buying them by the bag multiple times. However, this is only recommended -after- you have verified the brand you like best. Never buy a case of diapers to try them, they might not work for your body shape even if they have a really good rating.

Diapers like Confidry, Northshore, and Betterdry are about the best out there for non-ab premium diapers. I also find any diaper out there which uses a tape landing zone does not fit right when properly sized (due to them having no lower tapes), and will prematurely leak. You have to wear one size too small to get them to overcome this flaw, but then that also comes with a whole slew of other problems. As such, I recommend staying away from them.

Bambino: Belisimo, bianco
Fabine: black, teddy
Tykable: overnight, pleather

I have tried and liked all the above but have the bambino bianco atm which are all white but have a velcro front panel and are resealable multiple times.

Justo said:
Bambino: Belisimo, bianco
Fabine: black, teddy
Tykable: overnight, pleather

I have tried and liked all the above but have the bambino bianco atm which are all white but have a velcro front panel and are resealable multiple times.

Which interestingly these all have very similar cuts to them, and all employ a tape landing zone.

For a bargain basement pricing--if you cannot get to better diapers--I discovered that the Depend pullups at Walmart are OK--not great but they will work in a pinch. The Assurance brand that Walmart carries is super-cheap but they leak just by thinking about it.

Slomo said:
Which interestingly these all have very similar cuts to them, and all employ a tape landing zone.

I prefer diapers with landing zones, as do a number of people. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just that diapers are very personal. I'd definitely suggest samples rather than diving in with both feet on any given recommendation.

To work out what's best for you, you need to decide (in no particular order) if you care about smooth plastic outer shell vs. clothlike covers, if landing zones are good for you or how you feel about second chance tapes (Abena and Molicare are the biggest users here), if you prefer thicker or thinner or which situations you might prefer one over the other, and if you have a preference on prints.

For me, it's smooth plastic for sure, landing zones preferred, and thinner is often more comfortable for me. This puts ABU Plastic Preschools out in front for me but I'm open to other possibilities.

I love ABU. I've tried all of ABU's diapers except for the Preschool because they hold less. My favourites are the ABU Simple and ABU Lavender.

Are the ABU diapers expensive?

Hey, great topic. Personally I've been through a lot of "big" products from big companies, but recently I've found products from hexanow - http://try.hexanow.com/55667788/ suiting me the best now. I've found them totally by accident to be honest, but some people on google gave them good reviews, so I thought that it would be nice to try out something now for my father. He loved them and he used basically all of the other products, well could be that the biggest view on his opinion was money as they are pretty cheap compared to other. Still everyone is different and there is a lot of great products out there, so just like with everything you should check them all out and see how you like them.

MDD1920 said:
Are the ABU diapers expensive?

They're not so bad if you can buy by the case. If you're buying by the bag, they're on the steep side. Any ABDL diapers are similar in this sense these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back