MatalicPebble

Lily Fathom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I recently changed my fandom title to include all my interests. I love MLP and furry art. So I changed my title from Adult little to Babyfur. Pastel ponies are anthropomorphic creatures in my opinion. I still have yet to master anthro drawings, but I am getting really confident with MLP.
I am open about my little side because I don't consider it a fetish. Both my friends and family are very supportive of it. I really do feel like the friends that I have are real because they would have left a long time ago because of this.
So here is the real question...
I was talking to one of my friends in my local Brony group. We were coming back from Bronycon2017 and the topic of Furry came up. The question was asked; what defines a furry? If the show My little pony defines Brony's then what is the core interest of Furry's?

There's not really a catch all definition. I suppose you could say a united love for all Anthropromorphism in animals.

I have a related question--if the creature is from a fantasy setting and is humanoid but also animal characteristics, would they be a good source for a furry persona or since the base was humanoid in the first place--is it "disqualified" from being a furry character?

One example I can think of is the Jaka from the Talislanta RPG.

Jaka.jpg

PaddedDeist said:
I have a related question--if the creature is from a fantasy setting and is humanoid but also animal characteristics, would they be a good source for a furry persona or since the base was humanoid in the first place--is it "disqualified" from being a furry character?

One example I can think of is the Jaka from the Talislanta RPG.

View attachment 29751

From what I've seen, fursonas are most commonly of cartoony origin. Well after that are the more realistic humanoid critters and then down to the ferals (looking the most like animals). What you're referencing isn't the most common kind but it's textbook definition of furry.

Trevor said:
From what I've seen, fursonas are most commonly of cartoony origin. Well after that are the more realistic humanoid critters and then down to the ferals (looking the most like animals). What you're referencing isn't the most common kind but it's textbook definition of furry.

Cool. I have a large source of options if I ever want to explore the furry subculture. :) Though a humanoid Equis (Think of an intelligent cross between a lizard and horse) would make for an interesting character. A humanoid Exomorph--predator with the ability to shift colors and mimic detailed patterns as well as textures--could be interesting as well.

Thrall warrior fighting an Exomorph:
pdtal4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back