Solar Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our foxy fluff had a kiniption fit at totality, and the chitlen (my son) bout freaked out for a miniute but it was pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Darn it. We had thick cloud cover roll in. I totally missed it after about the first 1/3 was eclipsed.

The next eclipse is April 8, 2024. It will stretch from Texas to Maine.

I got a few 360 degree photos of it. Why not use a rare event to try a new type of photography? Oh, and on a note that I would only mention here, I'm wearing the ABU Preschool design with the moon on it. My little secret nod to the eclipse.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
A pet fox?
Yes shes a fast little bugger so its hard to get a clear picture.
676a43c9f15706b42e4d81c1eac06ae7.jpg
162b6a360c991c1829a1b75987af8912.jpg
439af0a54a9c671efb3e8f9cd6e6a1d8.jpg
83bb1b49382d821c0c1be7664bebe936.jpg

Slomo said:
Darn it. We had thick cloud cover roll in. I totally missed it after about the first 1/3 was eclipsed.

The next eclipse is April 8, 2024. It will stretch from Texas to Maine.

We had clouds and thundershowers RIGHT after the peak coverage here. (I live about 40 miles north of the totality zone.) The Sun was going in and out of a thin coverage of clouds, so looking thru the glasses, the Sun crescent blinked on and off like a Christmas light.

I thought the temperature might drop more than it did. We went from 95º F to 84. Some meteorologists thought we might see as much as a 15 degree drop.

- - - Updated - - -

w0lfpack91 said:
Litterally some dumb california woman went off on my friend demanding an answer as to why our local grocery store is not an organic market.

Some folks do not get the "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." concept.

What do you figure are the odds of this crazy piece of work ever visiting the Commonwealth of Kentucky again? So what was her objective in complaining to a store manager she will never cross paths with again? People are strange. LOL

w0lfpack91 said:
Yes shes a fast little bugger so its hard to get a clear picture.
676a43c9f15706b42e4d81c1eac06ae7.jpg
162b6a360c991c1829a1b75987af8912.jpg
439af0a54a9c671efb3e8f9cd6e6a1d8.jpg
83bb1b49382d821c0c1be7664bebe936.jpg

Aww, neat.

They talked about animals being afraid during the eclipse and sure enough, our dog was upset, pacing around like a storm was coming, probably because it was getting dark. We also had clouds covering the eclipse so I saw nothing, but the pictures on TV were far better than anything I could have seen from my yard.

We should remember that man walked on the moon in 1969, but in 1972, two astronauts from Apollo 18 walked on the sun after their solar lander landed successfully on the surface of the sun. Who will ever forget their famous words, "One small step for man, one giant step for...oh shit it's fucking hot......"

I checked out the solar eclipse today, and while it was cool, it was also a little underwhelming. Then again, I didn't have any glasses and had to rely on the waffle hands technique. I'm sure it also doesn't help that I only saw a partial eclipse and wasn't anywhere near the path of totality.

dogboy said:
They talked about animals being afraid during the eclipse and sure enough, our dog was upset, pacing around like a storm was coming, probably because it was getting dark. We also had clouds covering the eclipse so I saw nothing, but the pictures on TV were far better than anything I could have seen from my yard.

We should remember that man walked on the moon in 1969, but in 1972, two astronauts from Apollo 18 walked on the sun after their solar lander landed successfully on the surface of the sun. Who will ever forget their famous words, "One small step for man, one giant step for...oh shit it's fucking hot......"

Nah, everyone knows they went to the sun at night time.

- - - Updated - - -

Gsmax said:
I checked out the solar eclipse today, and while it was cool, it was also a little underwhelming. Then again, I didn't have any glasses and had to rely on the waffle hands technique. I'm sure it also doesn't help that I only saw a partial eclipse and wasn't anywhere near the path of totality.

That's pretty dangerous, even 5% of the sun light getting through is still enough to do damage if you look at it long enough.

Trump figured that out yesterday himself. The moron actually looked up at the sun during the eclipse, and sure enough did temporary damage. This was in spite of having solar glasses, having been told by aides not to, and dismissing the media warnings as fake news once again. Lol, you just can't make this stuff up with him.

Slomo said:
Nah, everyone knows they went to the sun at night time.

Haha...I love it. Watch out though, or you'll become an idiot like me!

I saw the eclipse. My friends and I caught the path of totality in Nebraska. It was amazing.

We had eclipse glasses, and others gathered there had set up telescopes with solar filters on them. Through the telescopes one could see individual sunspots. ^.^ At first, other than viewing through the glasses, the eclipse wasn't apparent. Occasionally clouds would pass before the sun, and you could see the crescent of the sun through them with the naked eye for a moment as they swept by. The next thing to become apparent was that the sunlight no longer felt warm / hot when it hit the skin. One could stand in direct sunlight and not feel it at all. Then it began to get oddly dark. The dimming was subtle at first, but eventually became very noticeable and very odd. The light level was reminiscent of twilight, yet there were still sharply-defined shadows being cast by things. It reminded me vaguely of outdoor stadium lighting. It was very strange-looking. Totality came very suddenly, as if a switch was thrown. It was dark, and one could look to the sun with the naked eye and see just the ring of the corona high in the sky. There appeared to be the reddish afterglow of a sunset on the horizon, but in all directions at once. The temperature dropped 10 to 15°F, the birds fell silent, Venus became clearly visible in the midday sky.

It was a special experience that is hard to convey in words. I'll never forget it.

My sister came down from MD and we had a great day and nobody got pregnant.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Fascinating said:
My sister came down from MD and we had a great day and nobody got pregnant.

Well, I should certainly hope you didn't get hour sister pregnant. ;) :)

not me silly.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back