Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I'm surprised not a lot of people talk about this item. It's awesome!

Refresh_a_Baby_home_02_1200.jpg

Picked one of these up at my local HEB earlier and have been LOVING it <3

I travel a lot for work and thought this would be a nifty semi discrete way to have the feeling of drinking out of a bottle while driving (plus safer and potentially less messy than unscrewing a bottle cap while on the road) and it's super neat. Tested it only on a Dr Pepper bottle filled with water so far but it works better than I expected surprisingly.

Have been doing some experiments and not only can you swap the nipple around super easily, the adapter can be swapped out with standard baby bottles too (tested with a Paw Patrol bottle I have). In case the one it came with isn't your thing.

Perhaps not as babyish than drinking out of an actual bottle but I very much enjoy the feeling of suckling on one. A nice calming little feeling when spending hours on the road. Maybe you guys will find one of these as useful or fun as I have.

They also sell one that converts things into sippy cups called Refresh-A-Kid.

I heard about this a few years ago. I've taken a PAW Patrol sippy cup with me in the car a couple times.

Now I'll be on the lookout for theses at my local wal-mart, never noticed anything like this, looks awesome.

CodyBaby said:
Now I'll be on the lookout for theses at my local wal-mart, never noticed anything like this, looks awesome.

I haven't seen these being sold in Walmart but maybe you'll get lucky :D
If you can't find them, they're on Amazon with a slight mark up. I paid around $4.95 for mine I think?

Sheepies said:
I haven't seen these being sold in Walmart but maybe you'll get lucky :D
If you can't find them, they're on Amazon with a slight mark up. I paid around $4.95 for mine I think?

Would love to avoid amazon if possible, they are a place I don't shop because they refuse to accept paypal which is the only method I can use to pay stuff online, I don't have any credit card that are valid for amazon, I tried with my Visa card from my bank but they declined it since its not a real credit card but a card I need to transfer funds to it to be usable. I decided that I would never ever have any credit card, I don't want to ever have any debts to anyone, and especially not banks. But its another story. Tried to find it yesterday and had 0 success at Wal-Mart, seems like this thing isn't offered in Canada or something.

CodyBaby said:
Would love to avoid amazon if possible, they are a place I don't shop because they refuse to accept paypal which is the only method I can use to pay stuff online, I don't have any credit card that are valid for amazon, I tried with my Visa card from my bank but they declined it since its not a real credit card but a card I need to transfer funds to it to be usable. I decided that I would never ever have any credit card, I don't want to ever have any debts to anyone, and especially not banks. But its another story. Tried to find it yesterday and had 0 success at Wal-Mart, seems like this thing isn't offered in Canada or something.

Why don't you get an Amazon credit card? 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, and you can arrange to have your balance automatically paid monthly from your checking account. You will also establish a good credit rating.

I earn over $1,000 annually from cash back credit cards, and all of my bills are automatically paid. Easy tax-free money. :graduate:

Kenn said:
Why don't you get an Amazon credit card? 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases, and you can arrange to have your balance automatically paid monthly from your checking account. You will also establish a good credit rating.

I earn over $1,000 annually from cash back credit cards, and all of my bills are automatically paid. Easy tax-free money. :graduate:

Lol. Get an 18% credit card and get 5% back. You'd be WAY better off just getting an 8% credit card with no cash back, no points, or any other gimmics.

Slomo said:
Lol. Get an 18% credit card and get 5% back. You'd be WAY better off just getting an 8% credit card with no cash back, no points, or any other gimmics.

I checked everything a long time ago, they make so much money on us with the way the credit card system is made, I will never ever own a traditional credit card of any kind, I can't stand the fact that I would help someone pay his next Bentley when I struggle to pay my bills.

Slomo said:

You apparently missed the point where my credit card is paid in full monthly automatically, therefore instead of the 18% that you stated there is no interest at all (0%). From a payment perspective, there is absolutely no difference between paying with cash, debit card, or credit card providing that when using a credit card you spend the same amount that you would with either of the other two methods. The only difference is that with the latter method, you have to keep that in mind and not spend beyond your ability to immediately pay - just as you would with the other two methods. Again the advantages of a credit card are that you are protected against false charges and theft, plus cash back that you would not ordinarily receive. And there is the added bonus of establishing credit so that when you apply for a loan, you have a positive credit rating.

I retired at age 56, and was able to by not being entirely stupid (I won't deny the huge stock market loss investing in a company that grew too fast and went bankrupt). My net worth is higher now then it was when I retired 10 years ago.

Think its off-topic for now, lets get back on the original topic if possible, I made my decision when I was 18, I'm 37 and I never saw the need to own a credit card. When I absolutely need one, for traveling and such, I have my father agreement, I pay him in cash and he use his card.

Sheepies said:
]
Picked one of these up at my local HEB earlier and have been LOVING it <3

I travel a lot for work and thought this would be a nifty semi discrete way to have the feeling of drinking out of a bottle while driving (plus safer and potentially less messy than unscrewing a bottle cap while on the road) and it's super neat. Tested it only on a Dr Pepper bottle filled with water so far but it works better than I expected surprisingly.

Hell, this isn't disponible in Spain... But I've a trick how to drink when driving - mostly I' aloone and I dislike to stop because drink/smoke.

I just ordered one off of amazon, i think it was a different brand.
it's a neat idea of a bottle top for soda, I remember at young age grandma had sippy tops for cans of soda.

- - - Updated - - -

I just ordered one off of amazon, i think it was a different brand.
it's a neat idea of a bottle top for soda, I remember at young age grandma had sippy tops for cans of soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back