Advice to prevent leaks?? Nighttime wetting and not pointing down

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey All,
I wear cloth diapers at night. I naturally point up and its not comfortable to point down. I assume that since I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants, I rarely leak even though I point up. On the other hand my wetting is a dribble and I don't flood at night. I am concerned about what would happen if I flood.
Do you do anything else to ensure you don't leak above the diaper?

thanks

I always point down, that way you get more capacity out the nappy and it wicks to the back.

I wear disposables at night (Dry 24/7), and I have found that turning down the front waistband inside dramatically reduced front waistband leaks for me (and the nozzle usually starts pointed down, but points up during the night). You might try this same approach with the plastic pants front waistband if they are sized big enough.

LittleICme said:
I wear disposables at night (Dry 24/7), and I have found that turning down the front waistband inside dramatically reduced front waistband leaks for me (and the nozzle usually starts pointed down, but points up during the night). You might try this same approach with the plastic pants front waistband if they are sized big enough.

Never tried that, does the waist band not undo itself? Any risk of twisting the tapes?

Does the effect of folding it in, just give a better seal between the diaper and your skin? Or does it work in some other way?

isnotavailable88 said:
Never tried that, does the waist band not undo itself? Any risk of twisting the tapes?

Does the effect of folding it in, just give a better seal between the diaper and your skin? Or does it work in some other way?

The waistband is just folded inward (above the top tapes), and the plastic next to the skin makes a tight seal that I have to lightly peal off my skin in the morning.
The tapes do not get involved with the fold, as the waistband is all above this.

LittleICme said:
The waistband is just folded inward (above the top tapes), and the plastic next to the skin makes a tight seal that I have to lightly peal off my skin in the morning.
The tapes do not get involved with the fold, as the waistband is all above this.

Correct, the waistband should extend a good 2 inches above the tapes at your belt line. I too fold in the top half or one inch of the waist band (where the tapes are at). They don't stick to me quite like that, but it does make a good dam of sorts for holding back any potential leaks.

point down (this is a must) it is uncomfortable for the first few days to a week or so but you do get use to it.

I too have a tough time pointing down (short in size) so I have to live with that... I sort of did the same with turning the waistband in, I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants--and it works. I like the way LittleICme described it and I'm going to do it that way now.

To diaperbobby,
What do you do when you wear at night and wet? Any tips?
I take my chances and usually I am wake enough to notice any urge and I adjust or turn and sleep on my stomach

I have found that the optimal positioning of one's "member" depends on what position you will be in when wetting. For overnight, when you plan to wet while lying down, your member should be pointed down and positioned between your legs. This will direct urine flow toward the back of the diaper where there is the most absorbent padding, and will keep the stream away from your waistband where it could spill over. If your member is not long enough to put between your legs, let it rest facing straight forward or at a slightly downward angle when you are standing up.

I'm too well endowed to even try and point down. Even a slight arousal will end up being too painful if it poaint down.

As I mentioned though, it is not necessary to point down anyways. Just make sure your diaper extends up to your waist line as they are intended to, and you'll be just fine.

However, For heavy wetting and side sleeping, I've found no diaper other than betterdry can last me all night without leaking. To compensate for this I will add a baby diaper booster and cup it over my penis. This acts as a sort of dam to redirect my urine towards the center of the diaper. It also absorbs most of my initial flooding, then slowly leaks on to my adult diaper. I do not wet the bed with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back