Genetic disposition to Abdl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
I don't know about that. This is like saying there is no genetic disposition to become alcoholic, or addicted to drugs, or overweight. That all of these are environmental, and a choice everyone makes. Except we know enough now that's just not true. People most certainly can be genetically predetermined to any of these things, so why wouldn't abdl be all that different.

The tendency to form early, subconscious attachments to things in our environment is no doubt in our DNA, but if diapers did not exist in the environment that particular attachment simply could not form. It does seem possible, though, that some people could have a genetic disposition making them more likely to enjoy engaging in age regression. I'm convinced that 'diaper love' is imprinted, but 'adult baby' regression isn't quite so clear cut.

Drifter said:
The tendency to form early, subconscious attachments to things in our environment is no doubt in our DNA, but if diapers did not exist in the environment that particular attachment simply could not form. It does seem possible, though, that some people could have a genetic disposition making them more likely to enjoy engaging in age regression. I'm convinced that 'diaper love' is imprinted, but 'adult baby' regression isn't quite so clear cut.

The same argument can be made for alcohol, drugs, gambling, and the like. If those things didn't exist then the addiction would never form. And yet we already know those same people would still be just as likely to form their addiction, even if introduced later in life. Why, because they are genetically primed to become addicts.

Yes I believe the actual trigger for becoming abdl is environmental, but the fact people can become ab and/or dl at any age still fits with this model.

I feel that the DL side of me was intensified after suffering sexual abuse from a teenage friend when I was ten so I believe environmental conditions influenced this need to find a safety zone. But I'm not sure how near infinite combinations of amino acids can make an individual want to wear an article of clothing. Cool thread though. :)

ThePoeticSkunk said:
I feel that the DL side of me was intensified after suffering sexual abuse from a teenage friend when I was ten so I believe environmental conditions influenced this need to find a safety zone. But I'm not sure how near infinite combinations of amino acids can make an individual want to wear an article of clothing. Cool thread though. :)

I'm right there with you. How does dna make you want to loose small pieces of printed paper, or consume various drugs/alcohol to the point of becoming physically dependent on it too. How that dna makes the human mind work in certan ways is certainly one thing science has still yet to really figure out.

I believe that for some, ABDL ism is a spiritual phenomena. I am a gifted psychic and I believe that some of us, the DLs and ABDLs, are paired with the spiritual essences of those who are Incontinent so that they will never be ashamed to pee in a diaper as an adult. They have to do it. WE love to do it. I have been an ABDL since age 3!!YAY!! BTW, my daughter heads back to college tomorrow so I get my room back and I can get padded and satisfied *wink* anytime I want!!! When I don't think about ICs all I think is how much I love to be in and pee in a diaper any and everywhere! Right now have about 42 diapers-matches my age!

Slomo said:
The same argument can be made for alcohol, drugs, gambling, and the like. If those things didn't exist then the addiction would never form. And yet we already know those same people would still be just as likely to form their addiction, even if introduced later in life. Why, because they are genetically primed to become addicts.

Yes I believe the actual trigger for becoming abdl is environmental, but the fact people can become ab and/or dl at any age still fits with this model.

With imprinting, the "trigger" is the biologically timed imprinting process itself, which will occur regardless of what is in the environment. But the specific objects that are imprinted on, of course, have to be present in the environment. How and when they are experienced no doubt has some influence on whether or not they will become objects of desire. In humans the process is believed to be completed in the first six years, but some of the desires may not become apparent until later in life, like around puberty, making it seem like they occurred at a later age.

Like any other biological process, imprinting results will vary among individuals. I imagine some people could have a genetic tendency for greater flexibility when it comes to imprinted characteristics, so it would be similar to a genetic tendency for addiction in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back