Do you keep old toys or items you find around your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkleBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Like, at your parent's house (if you've moved out). Do you find old stuff and keep it? I found and kept my plastic crayon box I had in preschool. I have coloring books so I'd need it anyway. Trying to find my one baby bunny that squeaks though.

No.

Unfortunately due to down-sizing and the progression of time, all of my toys have been discarded...

Except for one.

I got a rocking horse for Christmas(?) one year and I loved that thing. This was handed down to my nieces and nephews and it is now being used by their kids. So three generations have used that rocking horse! Of course, I can not use it anymore but it is nice to see it still in the family and still useable.

My grandmother (who lived with us at the time) was horrified that I would fall off the rocking horse and break something - never did (or at least I don't remember anything like that, although I am sure I fell one or two time).

Usually, yes. I still do live with my parents... and my mom has kept a lot of my childish toys from when I was little. I still have my security blanket and two of my little elmo dolls. These things were my prized possessions as a baby. <3

No,

All of my toys were thrown away so there is nothing to find.

My mom was big on constantly throwing out the toys she thought I outgrew. But they kept my American Flyer trains and I still have those along with my H. O. trains which I love. I wish I had my little green army men that I had as a child. They mysteriously disappeared when we moved when I was 11. I was pissed!

dogboy said:
My mom was big on constantly throwing out the toys she thought I outgrew. But they kept my American Flyer trains and I still have those along with my H. O. trains which I love.

omg trains are awesome! <3 I've never heard of American Flyer ones. I have a Frosty the Snowman train myself that goes around the tree. However, we don't put it around it because it makes it hard to keep presents there. XD

My mom actually found one of the coloring books and another book I had from a set as a child. SO many memories there, you know?

AdorbzLittleGirl said:
omg trains are awesome! <3 I've never heard of American Flyer ones. I have a Frosty the Snowman train myself that goes around the tree. However, we don't put it around it because it makes it hard to keep presents there. XD

My mom actually found one of the coloring books and another book I had from a set as a child. SO many memories there, you know?

American Flyer trains were first marketed in 1918. Probably the two most popular train sets from the 1950s were American Flyer and Lionel. Marx trains were available and I had a friend who had a set, but they were a lot cheaper in their construction if I remember correctly. Early American Flyers and Lionel trains are very collectible.

I got my H. O. set when I was 14 and recovering from a broken leg. All the cars like box cars and the caboose I made from wooden kits. My two engines were also made from kits where they had to be assembled and painted. I had a lot of fun with those trains. I still have them in their original boxes.

When I was a freshman in college, my parents retired to Florida. Without consulting me, they threw out my fairly extensive H.O. train set, metal dinky toys, an erector set (which I bought), my bike and a host of other now valuable toys. I guess they believed that since they had ultimately paid for them, they could do with them as they pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back