Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Was at the store today (stocked up on Pull-Ups and wipes) and noticed, on a cart of damaged merchandise, an open pack of girls' GoodNites. Can't help but suspect a rather unscrupulous ab/dl at work.

Or a desperate mom in need of a pullup

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I very much doubt it was another AB/DL. Packages of diapers get damaged all the time in the stocking process. It's more likely that a parent was in desperate need of a Pull-Up or some kid shoplifted a diaper or two.

bigbluehusky said:
Or a desperate mom in need of a pullup

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Marka said:
Not to burst your fun-thought bubble...

While it is possible to be the work of a desperate or disrespectful, AB/DL...

More likely than not - it was either damaged during unpacking, not sealed properly in the first place or, a parent or child/teen, opened it - to nab a freebie or two...

Some people will open diaper packs to see what the actual product looks and feels like without otherwise stealing any...

For a short while (don't see it anymore)... samples were mounted on a display board especially on new/updated products...

*shrugs*

I didn't examine it closely, but I believe it was a package of the L/XL size with the girl on the front. So seeing that most consumers of said product are going to be older kids who just wet at night, it seems rather unlikely (not impossible of course, just unlikely), that it would have been opened by the parent of a kid who'd wet themselves in the store.

When I was 13, I came across an open pack of store-brand boys' training pants in a basket in a Toys R Us restroom stall. Child in need, parent doesn't want to pay was probably the most likely scenario in that case.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure your first thoughts were wrong or at least close. I often see adult diapers at the local Goodwill store and most often a few days later the package is torn open leading me to think some desperate DL nicked a few or at least someone was curious enough to pull one out to examine it.

It could have been a kid who had to have a diaper, like me when I was a kid. I never stole any, but I sure fantasized about it.

dogboy said:
It could have been a kid who had to have a diaper, like me when I was a kid. I never stole any, but I sure fantasized about it.

The idea of it being a young ab/dl did cross my mind.

A few people here have described working at big box stores and grocery stores where they're somewhat used to seeing diaper packs getting opened, often left in restrooms. Kid needs a change, desperate parent grabs a bag of diapers off the shelf and heads into the restroom to change their kid, leaves the open bag in the restroom. (or other times rips the bag open in the open in the store, but less common, too public) Apparently it's common policy to leave open bags of diapers in the restroom for other parents to use since they can't sell it now anyway. Might set a bad precedent though.

The honest thing for the parent to do is to grab the bag, change the kid, and put the open bag in their cart and pay for it normally.

I used to go to a store where there was an opened pack of goodnites REALLY often. It really made me think.. like, can that many parents try out one so often?? It was a SUPER small little place, too and it was always the bigger boy's goodnites.
This was great for me, though. They sold the opened packages with good discount ;) so I really kept my eyes open when going into that store!

I was actually guilty of doing that when I was 11. I was on holiday in Florida staying at a Disney resort. One of the main shops had loads of different baby nappies I had never seen before and that got my curiosity. i can't remember what they were but I opened a packet and stole one nappy out off it. I know it was a stupid thing to do. I would of died if I got caught.

dogboy said:
Me toowhen I really wanted to wear one but didnt have the courage to buy them. Never actually tried though. Which is a good thing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back