Bedwetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as has been said any form of uncontrollable leakage is classed as incontinent - here in the UK the only time I found it doesn't is when trying to claim disability benefits - then it states " Loss of control of bowel or bladder excluding nocturnal enuresis" can't figure that one out apart from saving money ??

Essexboi said:
I think as has been said any form of uncontrollable leakage is classed as incontinent - here in the UK the only time I found it doesn't is when trying to claim disability benefits - then it states " Loss of control of bowel or bladder excluding nocturnal enuresis" can't figure that one out apart from saving money ??

Easy. Their thinking is that bedwetting is so common, it isn't a disability. I personally don't agree with that, but I'm not running an insurance scam.

Slomo said:
Easy. Their thinking is that bedwetting is so common, it isn't a disability. I personally don't agree with that, but I'm not running an insurance scam.

I've never tried to claim a disability living allowance due to my incontinence or enresis. I just get a supply of pads and slips for day and night use from the NHS Continence service. The continence nurse told me I would be amazed how many adult bedwetters she sees and it far from un common.

Slomo: I agree with you that bedwetting isnt a disability. To me, its a condition and where a lot of illnesses are concerned its more of a secondary condition. Often you can get coverage for supplies by proving its connection to a more serious primary medical condition. I have to admit that I might be able to claim for supplies but dont even though Im on a disability benefit. The hassle of getting the medical notes filled out alone and having the issue reviewed periodically is a disincentive. Maintaining disability benefits is already stressful enough that I dont try to get more than I can out of it and I never make contact with them unless they try to contact me.

Oh, I understand that part. I'm a disabled veteran. I tried getting my diapers through my primary insurance, and after six months and three appeals they basically said they didn't want to provide them because I can get them through the va.

So I went to the va, and after months of going around they basically said they could only provide the cheapest non-usable medical grade diapers out there (covideen wings). And they can't get better either. So now it's back to my insurance company....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back