Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Are BetterDrys worth trying? In the U.S., where they're not as readily available, and are priced at something of a premium? Is there a better place than https://www.comfycare.net/diapers to get them here?

I don't know, a case of large works out to $1.60 ea. that seems reasonable to me for what this is- A diaper with incredible suction. I cannot wet faster than it can suck. quite amazing. According to Betterdry, ComfyCare is the only dealer here right now. Molicare all plastic is $1.60 and so are Northshore Supreme. Seems to be the magical price point for this level of performance. I just wish BetterDry had Molicares tapes.

They seemed of decent quality when I tried them, just didn't work particularly for me and my preferences fit-wise.

Comficare online is the right place to get them. Yes they are premium diapers, but at $1.60 each, and able to last 12+ hours each, they are probably among the cheapest diapers out there. They even translate to a lower cost than even confidry, which also costs $1.60 each- simply because they last longer.

Think about it, can you spend less than $3.20 per day with "cheap" diapers that require 6, 8, even 10+ changes per day? And without always have a big risk of leaking? Not likely.

Compared to the Comficare they are a disgrace! But they were a tough act to follow. They just don't fit very well, have no landing zone, & stretch & break at night. Certainly not a premium Diaper like the Comficare was!

BetterDry are a breed all their own, I haven't seen any other diapers (except crinklz, which are made by the same company, Thrust Vector) that are anything like them. This makes them a bit difficult to compare with other diapers. They're a European brand that doesn't really have a good outlet in North America, so they're more expensive on the average for what you get.

From my experience their best features are soft shell, sticky tapes, soft padding, fast wicking, and very tall standing leak guards. The cons seem to be low padding in the front/back, clumping and breakdown when wet, and easily damaged/ripped shell. They also swell a LOT when wet, which could be listed either way.

Travis9800 said:
Compared to the Comficare they are a disgrace! But they were a tough act to follow. They just don't fit very well, have no landing zone, & stretch & break at night. Certainly not a premium Diaper like the Comficare was!

What? They aren't just oremium, they're ultra premium. And their best feature IS not having a landing zone! This is what allows for a snug fit around the legs, which is impossible with any properly fitted diaper that uses a landing zone and that horrible "no lower tapes" design.

Stretching and breaking shouldn't be a problem either- if you're wearing a properly sized diaper. Which it sounds like you were wearing one size too small. I know that's all but required with those landing zone diapers, but betterdry is intended to fit properly from the start. That's why they didn't work for you before.

I have urge urinary incontinence and need to wear a high-capacity diaper 24/7. I have tried Better Dry (which I bought from a local distributor near Toronto) and found them to be excellent. Although the design appears quite different from that of a Comfydry 24/7, I found that the two products were approximately equivalent in overall capacity and in the rapidity with which they can absorb a "gusher" leak. However, Better Dry costs slightly more on a per diaper basis; so I use Comfidry 24/7 as my regular diaper. Why pay even a little bit extra for an equivalent product?

Inconinmiss said:
I have urge urinary incontinence and need to wear a high-capacity diaper 24/7. I have tried Better Dry (which I bought from a local distributor near Toronto) and found them to be excellent. Although the design appears quite different from that of a Comfydry 24/7, I found that the two products were approximately equivalent in overall capacity and in the rapidity with which they can absorb a "gusher" leak. However, Better Dry costs slightly more on a per diaper basis; so I use Comfidry 24/7 as my regular diaper. Why pay even a little bit extra for an equivalent product?

This might be a recent chage, but when bought by the case, the two of them have nearly identical pricing. That's probably done on purpose for the exact reason you just stated.

Alas, there is no perfect diaper. I like Betterdry for during the day, but because they swell directly where you pee, they do not wick. this is not a big problem during the day, But at night, if you wet into the front. it can feel like a bowling ball in your lap. Molicare on the other hand will wick all the way front to back, and is more comfortable to me at night. The Betterdry can have some pad separation from the front third, but i would not call that clumping. perhaps the best diaper for the very active is the Northshore supreme with it's rather stiff pad, it stays in one place better with activity.

Alright, ordered a sample pack, their info says I should fit a medium, but I'll believe it when I see it...

Travis9800 said:

I hate "landing zones"....Every diaper I've tried with them force you to tape the bottom tape too high and the result is not snug enough around the legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
What? They aren't just oremium, they're ultra premium. And their best feature IS not having a landing zone! This is what allows for a snug fit around the legs, which is impossible with any properly fitted diaper that uses a landing zone and that horrible "no lower tapes" design.

Stretching and breaking shouldn't be a problem either- if you're wearing a properly sized diaper. Which it sounds like you were wearing one size too small. I know that's all but required with those landing zone diapers, but betterdry is intended to fit properly from the start. That's why they didn't work for you before.

agree. Landing Zone is a deal breaker for me. I find that "feature" to be a total disaster. I can never get a good fit with diapers that have a landing zone.

better Dry are my go to diaper. I've only had a few small leaks with them and both times were because I was really pushing it and should have changed earlier.

I wear them to bed every night and wake up dry every single morning despite that fact that my diaper weighs about 5lbs by then.

I usually wear Northshore Supreme Lites during the day, but for longer outings, long car rides, flights etc I wear the better dry and don't have to worry about finding a place to change.

I have been using Betterdry for over 2 years for nightime. Try others from time to time but return quickly to Betterdry. They wick well and are good for 12 hours, have small leak into plastic pants on rare occasion when I push it.

Got the samples Friday. I fit into a medium but just barely (another millimeter and the tapes wouldn't be fully on the plastic), and the large is just a bit too big, but workable. So far, I'm impressed. Those standing leak guards! Trump wishes he could build a wall like that...

Slomo said:

Well all the current well known "Premium" products DO have a landing zone because the added layer of plastic re-enforces the front. (ABU, Rearz, My Diaper, DC A, etc) I agree about how many diapers don't seem to have enough space in between the upper & lower tapes though. But the [Large] Comficare never suffered from this. In fact, you could get them REALLY tight around the legs & at the back butt where most leak. And benefit from re-adjustments. :biggrin:

The cheaper products seem to rely on just having the outer PE backing to tape the tabs to though, which is easier to rip than the thick transparent landing zone plastic which crinkles as a result. But saying this, I acknowledge that everyone has their own methods, body shape & preferences as to getting the perfect fit out of diapers. :thumbsup:

I can only reveal my experiences with them ripping unlike those with that thick plastic landing zone. If what you are doing works perfectly for you, I would certainly not admonish you to change or alter that. :detective3 Nor would I want every diaper to have a landing zone after hearing your experiences with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back