Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I wonder how many of you play tabletop RPGs? With the success of many KickStarter campaigns it seems that we are now in a new golden age for both RPGs and board games--though this post is focusing on RPGs I also enjoy a good boardgame.

I recently backed Talislanta: The Savage Land--a prequel game to the cult-classic game Talislanta. I'm getting PDFs for all five rules versions--Classic Talislanta, D&D 5E OGL, Open D6, Savage Worlds, and Pathfinder--and a few other goodies. There have been a few other great ones that I couldn't afford like Aces & Eights: Reloaded and Top Secret: New World Order.

I have been gaming for many years starting with 1E AD&D but I have also enjoyed newer games like Symbaroum. The list of games i have played is pretty extensive but there are even more great games that I have missed out on. So many games...only one lifetime...

Most all of my gaming is table top. That's where my keyboard, mouse and monitor sit after all.

Slomo said:
Most all of my gaming is table top. That's where my keyboard, mouse and monitor sit after all.

LOL I have nothing against computer gaming and I have enjoyed tabletop gaming via VTT and video chat. That's how I tried Symbaroum.

I'm an avid tabletop RPG player. Got my start in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5E. Then moved onto Pathfinder and Shadowrun which is my bread and butter, there's just something so satisfying about the dark gritty universe, chummer.

Shadowrun homie.

And I started a Numenera campaign that's barely got anywhere.

"The thread was burning out and it wasn't my fault."
Personally, I prefer Dresden Files/Fate because it encourages role-playing over roll-playing. My experiences with White Wolf's stuff, D&D, SR are mostly with someone being an unredeemable munchkin and sort of ruining it for the rest of us. One of my favorite memories of tabletop games is an actually an out of character aside, "Oh good, plot's done. Now we can start game."

(Old) world of Darkness, New world of darkness, D&D 3.5, D20 Modern Apocalypse, Starwars D20, Alien Vs Preadator D20.

My two favorites would have to be NWOD innocents game (children in the world of darkness) or both NWOD and WOD Vampire the Masquerade and Vampire the Reqiuem.

My Four favorite Vampire clans are

Malkavians (old world, Mentally deranged often psychotic Very fun to play if you know how to play them not many people do they turn them into a running joke when in fact malkavian's are more you're mentally disturbed serial killers. A Properly played malkavian is nightmare fuel)

Tzimisce (Old world, They are the Practicers of fleshcraft They can basically take any living organism and turn it into whatever they want while it's still living. Most are highly aristocratic Often with large sprawling manors or Estates, Most of which is furnished By flesh crafted humans or Enemy kindred or werewolves Still alive but made into harmless furniture And the vampire servants go through every day And make sure all of the furniture's existential needs are taken care of So they don't expire, they can also "Milk" the "furniture " for Vitae or blood so they dont have to Hunt if they do not wish. Tzimisce is one jacked up clan)

Nosfaratu (old world and New World, Personally I prefer New worlds vampire the requiem Nosfaratu. They are literally a Walking talking masquerade breach. The nos hang out in the sewers Of the vampire world they are the ones with the most noticeable physical deformity they are on the outside what all other vampires are on the inside. It is a punishable breach of the masquerade for nos to be seen by humans)

Gangrel (old and new world, The gangrel are pretty much the beasts or the dogs Of the vampire world they're the most in tune with the beast inside. They don't try and hide from it like other vampires they embrace and they become a force of freaking nature Everyone hates them because they don't play well with others The only thing that Gangrel respect is Gangrel, Everyone else including other kindred are prey. They are the foot soldiers of the vampire society But don't talk down to them if you value your internal organs and limbs being where they're supposed to be. )

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still have my first edition Shadowrun hardcover and a decent collection of the supplement books--Grimore, Street Samurai Catalog, Virtual Realities, Rigger Black Book, and Shadowtech are the ones I remember offhand--I'd have to take inventory of my bookcase.

Steward Wieck--one of White Wolf's founders--was running the Savage Land KickStarter when he suddenly passed away. But his brother and the rest at Nocturnal Media--his new company--have been working hard to make sure all of Stewart's KickStarters are fulfilled. I hope to see the first round of PDFs before too long but Stewart's untimely death has understandably pushed things back a little. But we will see our product and the people who are making this happen are champs.

Some of the old-school titles I played include: Top Secret, Top Secret S/I, Classic Traveller (LBB), Gamma World 1-4, First Ed AD&D, BECMI D&D, 2300AD, and both Marvel Super Heroes (color-bar system.)

I have played D&D off and on down through the years. I love to play but always found it difficult to get a group together with any semi regularity.

Some friends and I were talking this week about starting a remote one over discord. There was some app that a friend was talking about that is supposed to allow us to sync up and play for coordination purposes. I'll have to go see if I can find it and put up a link to what he was talking about.

RollD20 is one popular Virtual Table Top (VTT) system and Fantasy Grounds is another. But someone--usually the GM has to pay to do it well. I've played via video chat on Skype and Google Hangouts and that does work well. Sharing a screen with an image or other information is handy. I'm too far away from the right people to have a game group and this is the next best thing.

I was big into gaming at one point, D&D, Battletech, Warhammer, board games, you name it. Went to Gencon for 10-15 years. Haven't played much in the last 5 years or so. Used to go to GenCon diapered. Never had to leave the table.

Love a good table top game. Never really played D&D though, something that's on my bucket list. Current table top games im playing with friends are ticket to ride and munchkin.
Heading to a gaming convention next weekend and im looking to pick up some new games and have a go at werewolfs.

Yeah, I had gone without gaming for almost 10 years and it really was killing me. Gaming over the Internet has been a godsend. I's also like to hit a con on the regular again.

Hmmmm... given the nature of this forum would I be out of line to mention the many cute, non-violent RPGs that are out these days?

My Little Pony Tales of Equestria is quite fun and I think accessible even for folks who are not fans of the show.
http://ninjadivision.com/my-little-pony-tails-of-equestria/tails-of-equestria/
Did I mention that an NPC character is forced into a diaper and babied as part of the intro scenario, and a good Game Master should be able to get the players into a similar predicament? *whistles innocently*

There's also Whispering Road ... all about playing out a charming Miyazaki style movie...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/rpgitem/165763/whispering-road

Golden Sky Stories is if you want more fairy tale / Japanese style furry slice of life adorableness...
https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/142300/golden-sky-stories-heart-warming-role-playing

Then there's classic fantasy focused more on small stakes exploration and companionship than combat or epic quests...
http://kotohi.com/ryuutama/

Or, for that matter, Toon

I wouldn't say it's out of line at all. There is pretty much a game for just about any genre or setting.

Sometimes if you want something specific, you can take a system with mechanics you like and alter it to fit your style. It's one of the beauties of RPGs in general.

For a non-violent game, imagine a Call of Cthulhu campaign based off of the Hello Cthulhu webcomic. I know the purists would retch but those with a sense of humor could have a blast with it.

I've always defined the "Win Condition" for tabletop as: did you have fun?
The "purists" can sit on it.

Traemo said:

Bestest attitude to take on these things. So far I have only played DnD, Heroes, and Dresden/Fate, but I love it if there is a good group playing.

Traemo said:

This.

That mentality needs to be for everyone. Table top, videogames, and double for physical sports games.

I do agree that if you're having fun you're doing it right. There's always those who want to make sure it is done the "right way" forgetting Gygax's afterward in the first edition DMG--basically make the game your own and don't let the rules lawyers or other thrill-suckers ruin your game.

Now if you guys want to try Talislanta, almost the entire classic library is up for free and legal downloading at Talislanta.com. I started with third edition when it was being published by WotC but I really like Shooting Iron's fourth edition of the game with The Codex Magicus' optional magic rules used to tame the magic system a bit. This system has had a large number of different publishers but it is still around with the before-mentioned KickStarter. I'm anxiously waiting for the prequel game (The Savage Land) to ship. The classic Talislanta has been a sort of high magic, long time since the magical acpolypse known as "The Great Disaster" hit. The new one is right after the event--known as "The Fall" during this time. It is a low-magic and more post-apocalyptic than the classic game. Some ritual exist for magic and there's always finding Archean artifacts from before The Fall. Hopefully I'll see the first run of my PDFs in a month or two but Stewart Wieck's untimely demise had understandabally slowed things down.

There is also a D20 edition on the site--The Menagerie in the Fourth Edition section as well as the adventure, The Weight of Water has D20 stats for everything as well. Lots of fun and interesting critters in there. In the Fifth Edition section, you can find the Revised Chronicles of Talislanta whis is a rules-agnostic travelogue of the continent of Talislanta "written" by the wizard Tamerlin and then updated with notes from other personalities on what has changed from the original first edition Chronicles. No rules are in either version of the Chronicles but there is a lot of background--some accurate, some not--and plenty of great art.

Tal 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back