Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I have of late been singing the praises of the Seni Quatro diaper, and it is in fact a very good product: it is absorbent as heck, wicks very quickly, and doesn't leak easily. However, this week I have discovered a fairly serious fly in the ointment.

If you are more or less sedentary, as in sleeping or sitting for the most part, then I think this diaper might just be the best thing on the market. And that has been, basically, my life in recent months, so it did not occur to me to question what would happen if I were walking much of the time I was wearing it.

Remember, I'm IC so the diaper is either wet or it will be soon. And now I am on vacation, stopping at national parks and other interesting sites that have me leaving my car and wandering around for significant amounts of time. And what I have found is that the Seni has a serious sagging problem. Most cloth diapers do, I'm told, but I had never witnessed it with the Seni before. But it is bad. I mean it has literally fallen off beneath my shorts twice. And when it isn't THAT bad, I'm pulling it up all the time, which can't look that great from the outside.

I'm the first to admit that my shorts are too loose and I probably should have onesies. I have a single pair at home, but I didn't bring it b/c it is too long despite being a medium, so it doesn't hold the diaper up anyway. And I have never ordered any others because they are expensive and I don't trust them to fit properly. Besides, they would be very hot on a summer day under another top. I've been trying to find a Target or someplace to buy better shorts, but have not had any luck. Trying a KMart tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll swallow everything I believe in and enter a WalMart for the first time in years to see if THAT works. But the bottom line is that the diapers sag. The tapes loosen or stretch and the things just slip down.

I'll still use them for home, but once again I'm looking for something new for daily use. When the heck is Tykables going to get their product back on the shelves?

kerry said:
I'll swallow everything I believe in and enter a WalMart for the first time in years to see if THAT works.

I find it relatively amazing that there are people left in America who do not shop at Walmart on a regular basis. Someone in my house is there at least twice a week I'd say. When my dad was on vacation from work last month, he had her there four or five days in a row.

I tried a Seni Quatro for the first time last night. Key word is night. I was very impressed with the fit, the adjustments and the capacity. I walked around a little bit with the evening and morning floods and it seemed as good or better than other more expensive brands. But, as you said, I didn't walk around national parks. Mostly slept and did a few morning activities before I removed it. I did notice the wetness got dangerously close to the edge near the side/back. I'm thinking of ordering a bag for when I recover from my surgery next week.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I find it relatively amazing that there are people left in America who do not shop at Walmart on a regular basis. Someone in my house is there at least twice a week I'd say. When my dad was on vacation from work last month, he had her there four or five days in a row.

I seldom shop at walmart too. They have nothing but cheap crap that will need replacing way too soon. Buying better stuff elsewhere lasts longer, which has a lower cost of life. I spend less by not shopping at walmart.

if you can fit into and don't mind the close cut of running shorts. running shorts have a built in brief that will hold your diaper up. I cannot wait for summer to get into these. Wear them with an un-tucked polo shirt and there is no obvious signs of wearing a diaper.

Slomo said:
I seldom shop at walmart too. They have nothing but cheap crap that will need replacing way too soon. Buying better stuff elsewhere lasts longer, which has a lower cost of life. I spend less by not shopping at walmart.

Well, food you buy anywhere will need replaced anyway after you eat it... it all becomes crap in the end. :rolleyes:

I mean, a lot of the stuff on a Walmart shelf is the same brands you're going to find anywhere else. It's what I say about Target: all the same stuff, just at a higher price. I'm not getting anything special if I choose to pay $10 for a pack of Pull-Ups at Dollar General instead of $8.97 at Walmart.

The ''Walmart is a terrible company that shouldn't be supported'' argument sometimes comes into play, but when I'm living on typically less than $60 a month of disposable income, I'm not stopping to think about company ethics.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Well, food you buy anywhere will need replaced anyway after you eat it... it all becomes crap in the end. :rolleyes:

I mean, a lot of the stuff on a Walmart shelf is the same brands you're going to find anywhere else. It's what I say about Target: all the same stuff, just at a higher price. I'm not getting anything special if I choose to pay $10 for a pack of Pull-Ups at Dollar General instead of $8.97 at Walmart.

The ''Walmart is a terrible company that shouldn't be supported'' argument sometimes comes into play, but when I'm living on typically less than $60 a month of disposable income, I'm not stopping to think about company ethics.

Cor what it's worth, I have military base access, and typically shop a their commissary (food) and excange (stuff) stores. Their food is the same, but cheaper than wallmart. The other stuff they have is different brands, and cost a little more, but last a lot longer.

I was a bit disappointed by the Senis too, it's really not that great when it's falling apart at the tabs after using.

kerry said:
if that doesn't work I'll swallow everything I believe in and enter a WalMart for the first time in years to see if THAT works.

I'm with you. There are LOTS of reasons to avoid Volde-Mart, but my biggest is that they've almost single-handedly destroyed entry-level retail jobs that can support a family . . . or even just a single person. They're known for their underhanded labor tactics and immoral business practices. I absolutely refuse to give them a dime to throw on their piles of money made on the backs of the poor.

-RMS

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:

I won't go into the place because of the way they treat their workers and the fact that whenever they move into a town they put all of the little shops out of business. Walmart is one of the worst offenders anywhere in terms of underpaying employees and relying on government to bail them out. I have not darkened their door in eons. And today I managed to find what I needed at a Big KMart.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Well, food you buy anywhere will need replaced anyway.

Are you from the Great Lakes region? "Needs replaced" is such an Ohio-ism.

SirSaitama said:
Are you from the Great Lakes region? "Needs replaced" is such an Ohio-ism.

Without saying too much about my location on a public forum, I am about 100 miles from Lake Erie. Never heard of the phrase ''needs replaced'' being a regional thing though. Slomo said ''need replacing'' first and I simply reused it.

I suppose if other people can afford avoiding Walmart that's good for them, but it's simply not practical or economical for everyone.

Several years ago there was a story line on 60 Minutes about the women working at the registers in Walmart and their choice to wear diapers because they weren't given antiquate bathroom breaks. That's an evil company in my opinion.

I hope you find something, Kerry, that will help with your problem. I wonder if something like biking shorts would work, or some other sort of tight sports apparel?

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Without saying too much about my location on a public forum, I am about 100 miles from Lake Erie. Never heard of the phrase ''needs replaced'' being a regional thing though. Slomo said ''need replacing'' first and I simply reused it.

I suppose if other people can afford avoiding Walmart that's good for them, but it's simply not practical or economical for everyone.

Yup, I'm originally from Detroit. Transplanted to Florida about 20 years ago though.

So my favorite way of keeping diapers in place is using the Abena Abri-Fix Fixing Pants. I've really only seen them for sale a few places (XP Medical), but they are really terrific for keeping diapers from moving all around. They waist is high so it covers all the plastic on your diaper if your shirt rides up, and the diaper area part of them is very accommodating. I think they make more sense than onesies during the summer, because onesies can get very hot if you're walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back