2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Looking into getting an adult sized paci. Only three questions I have are
1 What's the difference between silicone and latex
2 How can I tell what size to get
3 How do I decide if I should get a long stem

Here are some answers to your questions:
1. Silicone nipples are sturdier and last longer. They tend to be easier to clean and do not retain odors, however they are not as soft as latex nipples and also contain seams along the sides of the teat. Latex is a little less durable and occasionally retains odors in addition to it's own. The main pro is that it is softer in the mouth. Silicone Pacis of Nuk 5 or Nuk "6" are easier to obtain than their Latex counterparts, but Silicone pacifiers are more expensive based on the pacifier quality.

2/3. Most pacifier teats come in different styles. The most common in the AB world is the orthodontic style which has a small flat side which helps the sucking. Other styles exist but they tend to be more expensive than this type. The two types of Adult pacifiers are the Nuk 5 and Nuk "6". Nuk 5s are the standard teat that is not elongated and should fit the standard mouth size. Nuk "6"s are longer for mouths in which the bulb of the Nuk 5 does not touch the middle or further back of the tongue.

Extra Answer (Shield): The Shield style is also important. In the AB world, there are 3 styles of shield that are commonly available. The Bigshield Shield is a NUK copy (On the LittleForBig Pacis) that has a larger shield for larger mouths. For standard sized/smaller mouths a Standard Nuk Style or Modified MAM shield should be fine....

Reactions: tillylenn
Austin pretty much nailed it, Silicone nipples are sturdier but they're a lot stiffer, the Littleforbig big shields are way nicer than nuk 5's but they don't have a vent on them to make it reinflate, they're not very hard to tear apart, all you really have to do is taking a sewing needle heat it up with a lighter and poke a hole towards the base of the "button" that the nipple sits on, after doing this modification to it it's honestly my favorite paci ever :3

I modded my more generic adult one so it has a kid size MaM shield. I like it much better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back