Haian plastic pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
yep, i took the plunge and bought some Haian plackies (via Amazon).....that's after doing a fair bit of research on the sizings, after my previous purchases of Haian pants, some years ago, which were more of a youth size than an adult size; some irony there in that now that western makers have largely taken on the 'old' chinese [small] sizings, the Chinese have heeded calls and stepped up with a sizing up to proper proportions. it'll take the westerners another decade or so to twig.

erring on the side of caution, i bought XXL size, but i also had in mind my skin condition and wanted to avoid tight or biting leg elastics. and i have to say that these pants do not disappoint: they are large and the elastics are just right for my 24 inch thighs (nice and gentle).
delivery was also good, coming in a standard, unmarked waterproof packet and taking only 8 days.
given how they are, i wouldn't mind trying the smaller sizes and i nearly thought that they'd sent a Large by mistake and was slightly gleeing myself at the sight of the 'L' on one of the packs, but it turned out to be XXL (i was like 'how?', too; they must wear those cheap, chinese x-ray specs that we all thought were codswallop).

some pics for comparison with XXL Drylife Basics pants and a XXL Gary pants (standard rise/waist):

DSCF5329 Standard e-mail view.jpg
Haian on it's own

DSCF5330 Standard e-mail view.jpg
Haian beneath a Drylife

DSCF5331 Standard e-mail view.jpg
the 'rise' difference

DSCF5332 Standard e-mail view.jpg
Gary on top (i think the Gary wins on the crotch width, but the Haian has comfier leg elastics)

DSCF5333 Standard e-mail view.jpg
rise difference

I use Haian pants, too (I have a pair on right now over 2 pair of cloth training pants). I like the fit and the pants seem reasonably durable for the price. The last pairs I ordered were Large, and are just a BIT tighter than I thought they would be, but I almost swim in the XL's. I plan to continue to use the Haian brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back