Cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wonder why everyone on the internet keeps saying that cloth diapers are too bulky the only ones that are aio and I have worn them in public and never had a problem they're not much thicker than m4 or other night time diapers

A normal cloth diaper is more convenient and less bulkier

It al depends on how many extra soakers you put in. The bulkier it get

I think more people would use cloth if disposables weren't so convenient, especially during the day when having to drag around heavy,wet diapers becomes difficult. There are more and more people using cloth at night. They're effective, comfortable and inexpensive. They do have to be laundered but unless you're using more then is typical, it might add 1 additional load of laundry a week. There are so many types of cloth diapers available you can choose what works best for you.I personally like a pull-up cloth diaper. Much like a prefold with an extra absorbant soakerpanel down the middle, they are shaped well with excellent, comfortable and secure leg and waist gathers. I'm prone to rather large BM's while I sleep and soiled cloth diapers become much more difficult to launder. To get around that I use a disposable as a "diaper liner" which when fitted properly, keep most of the stool off my cloth pull-up. I simply run a pinwheel over the plastic shell to allow flow through as the disposable nears saturation. I use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide) for skin protection and Nullo for odour control. I don't have an overly smelly diaperpail in the bathroom. I only use the drier for a few minutes and then pin them to a drying rack in my spare room. I never put my plastic pants in the drier and they last much longer. I use the Kins model 10700 pull-up cloth diaper but also have a half dozen contour cloth diapers with the velcro closure. They also have comfortable and secure elastic leg and waist gathers. You just have to make sure the closures are securely closed for washing and drying. They work well during the day because you don't have to undress to remove them. When I use these during the day with the disposable "diaper liner" I use side snap plastic pants. I'm a big proponent of cloth diapers but I certainly like disposables too.

In my experience cloth diapers are more noticeable than disposables. With cloth, at least the way I fold them, there’s more bulk at the front and sides resulting in diaper bulge in those areas. With disposables the bulk is more in the crotch where it’s less noticeable. That being said, from a functionality perspective front and side absorbency is a huge plus for cloth.

Not cloth like disposables, or all in ones. Actual cloth diapers are always going to be thicker than a comparably absorbent disposable (which usually means 3-4 layers of cloth compared to a premium diaper). Of course, half the point in going with cloth is to add even more layers so it is more abdorbent and more reliable than any disposable.

Cloth diapers are WAY thicker than almost any disposable diaper out there.

My issue with cloth is they hold the wetness against you instead of wicking it away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wear disposables during the day, one in the morning after showering, one at lunch time and one when I get home from work. At night my wife insists on cloth diapers as they are thicker (she puts double diapers on me) and hold more wettings through the night vs disposables. Of course I always have plastic pants on over all my diapers.

cloth vs disposable

SDB2014 said:
I wear disposables during the day, one in the morning after showering, one at lunch time and one when I get home from work. At night my wife insists on cloth diapers as they are thicker (she puts double diapers on me) and hold more wettings through the night vs disposables. Of course I always have plastic pants on over all my diapers.

After 20 years I think I can consider myself an expert. It comes down to whatever works best for you personnaly. I do like the convenience of a good disposable (Confi-dry 24/7 with plastic pants) I use Desitin ointment ( zinc oxide) and Nullo. I'm not offensive to those around me and my skin care is tops.

I do wear a cloth pull-up (Kins model 10700) at night with a disposable ("as a diaper liner" to keep stool off my cloth diaper. This has worked very well over the years. I suppose we all have to experiment to find what works best for each of us.It's it is. Iexhausting and inconvenient. But it is what it is. I'm IC and I own it. Not easy. Never has been. But I deal with it. What choice do I have?

The only cloth diapers widely available from domestic distributors in my country are flat square pin-on diapers, which are quite thick if they are worn thick enough to be properly absorbent.

I always wear cloth diapers. I did have concern about "diaper bump" but after wearing for a long time I don't think anyone really notices unless the diaper is extremely thick. I like contour diapers with an insert. they are comfortable and absorbent. I am now going to try Rearz disposable diapers to wear when my diapers are in the laundry. If they work out well. I will wear them at work

I love cloth diapers. Their soft,warm and pleasurable to me. I wish I could wear a double cloth diaper and plastic pants 24/7. I know my relatives some of them would understand and I don't know how I would tell them I want to wear 24/7. I was embarrassed about this and talk with a therapist she told me that if I enjoyed it and the cloth diapers made me feel good than there not anything to worry about just keep it private and wear at night like I have been. Keeping it private makes it hard to wash and soften my diapers. I am tired of hiding the fact I love being in cloth diapers and plastic pants. How did any of you come out as a cloth Diaper lover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back